• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dung smoked beer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strax

Fenrir Nr.26 - Sheep Shit Smoked IPA - youtube link

Borg brewery is preparing to export sheep dung smoked IPA Fenrir to the U.S. The beer is the brainchild of brew master Sturlaugur Jón Björnsson, whose love for smoked food inspired him to try the Icelandic traditional method of smoking lamb on beer.

“It has been a dream of mine for many years, since before I became brew master, to create a dung-smoked beer. I love smoked food and I’d tried smoked beer. So I wanted to try and make a dung-smoked beer,” Sturlaugur told mbl.is.

The beer has been under development for some time when American beer importer tried a sample of it and “lost it,” as Sturlaugur stated, which is when they decided to launch production of Fenrir, which has now hit the domestic market.

The beer has received mixed reactions. “People either say that they hate the taste or that they’ve never tasted anything as good. It’s in fact a light IPA beer with a fresh citrus taste and aroma from the hop. Then a little heavier, dung smoked taste arrives but it all works out,” Sturlaugur described the experience.

Dung Smoked Icelandic Beer Exported to the U.S

118-2307.jpg

Nikodemos

None of that low-end mass-produced cow dung smoked swill. Only the finest racehorse dung smoke for my beer, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom