• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dunkin' Donuts testing Glazed Donut Breakfast Sandwich in Massachusetts

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
http://eater.com/archives/2013/04/03/dunkin-unleashes-glazed-donut-breakfast-sandwiches.php

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls of all ages, put on your fat pants because Dunkin' Donuts is testing a Glazed Donut Breakfast Sandwich. A rep for the coffee chain tells Eater, "a few select Dunkin' Donuts restaurants in eastern Massachusetts are currently carrying a Glazed Donut Breakfast Sandwich." What's a Glazed Donut Breakfast Sandwich? It's a simple sandwich, really, just bacon and a "pepper fried egg" (whatever that means) stuffed inside a plain old glazed yeast doughnut. Is this our generation's KFC Double Down?

Doughnut sandwiches are not new, obviously. There's the Krispy Kreme cheeseburger from the Wisconsin State Fair, the Paula Deen brunch burger she may or may not have lied about inventing, and the infamous Luther Burger at Churchkey in DC. Chicken Charlies has served up chicken sandwiches in jelly doughnuts, Bleeding Heart Bakery in Chicago serves a customizable breakfast sandwich with options including fried green tomatoes and country ham, some locations of the chain Fractured Prune serve scrambled egg breakfast sandwiches, and Gourdough's Public House in Austin has an entire sandwich section on their menu. Still, Dunkin' Donuts is a huge, national chain.

So why make a doughnut breakfast sandwich? According to the rep, "We constantly strive to offer a wide variety of products to satisfy the needs of our guests." Well, America, are your needs satisfied?

hirhKWi.jpg

D-Pad

I've made this plenty of times. The sweetness of the donut compliments the salty bacon, and the textures from the egg and cheese... Very good.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
My friend got one the other day and told me he'd let me know how it was. I never heard back, so I assume that he didn't make it out alive.

Xia, have you made a thread about Pizza Hut's "Crazy Cheesy Crust Pizza" yet? GAF must be informed.

Angry Fork

I don't know how people can eat this kind of stuff, the thought of it makes me almost feel queasy.

Reminds me of this

Nuggets-French-Fries-hamburger-Pizza.jpg

Petrie

Banned
To be young and not care what I put into my body. A small part of me misses those glorious days.

Wouldn't waste a cheat meal on this, though for one of those burgers I would.

Aaron

I have not one but two Dunkins in the building where I work, but they're both too small to do this. Not worth walking a block to try.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Fuck yes give it to me.

If there's cheese in there then fuck...best breakfast item of all time.

lethial

Reeeeeeee
I don't know how people can eat this kind of stuff, the thought of it makes me almost feel queasy.

Reminds me of this

Nuggets-French-Fries-hamburger-Pizza.jpg

Yes because you can buy these. I imagine people said the same things when McMuffins came out. "Eggs? Bacon? AND AN ENGLISH MUFFIN!?!? WHAT THE!? That's soooooo gross!"

I too wish there was a sausage option. I think sweet compliments sausage more than bacon, as I love dipping my sausage pieces in maple syrup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom