• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dutch GAF |OT| We're just going our gang

Aiii

So not worth it
Om het als functioneringsgesprek te laten gelden? Is het houden van die dingen niet verplicht?

Verplicht? lijkt me sterk.

Die van mij gaan al jaren zo.
"En, hoe vindt je het werken nog hier?"
-Prima, geen klachten.
"Wij zijn ook nog heel tevreden."
-Gelukkig.
"Hier heb je weer wat meer centen."
-Jeuj!

soepje

-Prima, geen klachten.
-Gelukkig.
-Jeuj!

Hier zo´n beetje hetzelfde, lekker makkelijk :D

Beetje OT in de OT, maar vroeg het me zomaar af.. Hoe oud is Kabouter eigenlijk? De meeste die hier posten kan je gemakkelijk onderbrengen in het groepje 'guppies', 'midden 20' of 'oude wijzen van rond de 30'.. Maar als kabouter 25 is zou ik het geloven, als ie 45 is ook :p

Arjen

-Prima, geen klachten.
-Gelukkig.
-Jeuj!

Zelfde voor mij, minus de laatste 2 regels dan.

-Prima, geen klachten.
-Gelukkig.
-Jeuj!

Gaan die gesprekken zo gemakkelijk :p
Aagh nog een jaartje school afmaken kan ik ook werken.
Hopelijk elke jaar "Hier heb je weer wat meer centen." dan.

7threst

Ik zou hier graag een veel langere post neerzetten dan nu het geval is maar ik heb Shin Megami Tensei IV binnen aju paraplu en see you around like a donut!

AcridMeat

Banned
Dutch-GAF, I'll be in Amsterdam tomorrow for about a week. If anyone wants to grab drinks or show us around that'd be amazing.

Cheers

AcridMeat

Banned
Damn it Arjen I think that's too far for me! Friend has no budget left and I can't front a rental trip like that. :(

Know the city well at all? Any food or drink recommendations?

Linius

Damn it Arjen I think that's too far for me! Friend has no budget left and I can't front a rental trip like that. :(

You must go to Van der Linde and get some ice cream. It's a small bakery place in the Nieuwendijk in the middle of the center. They have a purple sign out front and probably lots of people ligning up. Can't miss it.

^ Excellent suggestion. The best whipped cream ice cream for under a euro.

Check out Café Alto or Bourbon Street if you want to have a great night and like jazz/soul/blues/good music. They're just next to the Leidseplein. Close to the Leidseplein is also Everything On A Stick, a restaurant where...well, you get it.

And before you leave, for god's sake, go by La Perla. It's the best pizza place in Amsterdam. It's in the Jordaan (Tweede Tuindwarsstraat). It's amazing. And if you want to go for some nice Belgian or Dutch beer in a cosy environment, go see 'skek at the beginning of the Zeedijk (close to central station).

Geido

Amsterdam for a week is pretty long. If you have the time, go to Utrecht. Short train ride (15 euro for a return ticket) of about half an hour and it's the best city in The Netherlands! Don't be scared when you enter the trainstation, it's a 70's nightmare, but when ou get to the oldtown... perfection! Check out de ouwe gracht, de Dom and Lepelenburgpark. Everything is in walking distance...

And btw, public transportation (the trains) are the way to travel between cities in The Netherland. Don't rent a car or something.

You don't know lucky you are with the weather here now man.

AcridMeat

Banned
Thanks for the suggestions guys! Will make a note of these things. Waiting on a local friend to get back to me about hanging out today.

If that fails I'll need another odd suggestion. Where are there laundromats?

Linius

Amsterdam for a week is pretty long. If you have the time, go to Utrecht. Short train ride (15 euro for a return ticket) of about half an hour and it's the best city in The Netherlands! Don't be scared when you enter the trainstation, it's a 70's nightmare, but when ou get to the oldtown... perfection! Check out de ouwe gracht, de Dom and Lepelenburgpark. Everything is in walking distance...

And btw, public transportation (the trains) are the way to travel between cities in The Netherland. Don't rent a car or something.

You don't know lucky you are with the weather here now man.

He mad

Arjen

Ah bummer man, but understandable.
I agree that Utrecht is a nice place to visit, if you do, check out Cafe Belgie if you like beers. They've got so many beers on tap it will make your head spin.

Linius

I agree that Utrecht is a nice place to visit, if you do, check out Cafe Belgie if you like beers. They've got so many beers on tap it will make your head spin.

Very truth. I wonder how Tidow forgets to mention that since he's the self proclaimed beer king of our Dutch forum. He's slacking.

AcridMeat

Banned
That local friend is working a festival there I guess this weekend. Might have to check trains. Beer sounds fantastic...you guys are bastards for not giving us the Heineken you have here in the states.

Aiii

So not worth it
That local friend is working a festival there I guess this weekend. Might have to check trains. Beer sounds fantastic...you guys are bastards for not giving us the Heineken you have here in the states.

Stop drinking Heineken en start drinking proper Dutch beer like Hertog Jan or Gulpener or something. Heineken is one of the last mainstream Dutch Beers I'd recommend. You're denying yourself pleasures.

Chuckie

Stop drinking Heineken en start drinking proper Dutch beer like Hertog Jan or Gulpener or something. Heineken is one of the last mainstream Dutch Beers I'd recommend. You're denying yourself pleasures.

Hertog Jan is indeed better. I admit that much. The rest are all as pleasant to me as one another.

Except for Oranjeboom.... kill that shit with fire.

Chuckie

Yes! They used to sell amazing ones at the Albert Cuyp market, made them right at the spot. I´m not sure if they still do though.

And whatever you do, stay away from Bavaria beer.

428398.jpg

Linius

Yes! They used to sell amazing ones at the Albert Cuyp market, made them right at the spot. I´m not sure if they still do though.

And whatever you do, stay away from Bavaria beer.

Stroopwafel sellers are present at almost every market, so that won't be a problem.

I always a huge single stroopwafel to eat on the go, so delicious.

AcridMeat

Banned
Hey i only had one about an hour after we arrived. Had some local beer I can't remember the name of but was nice later.
Stroopwafel sellers are present at almost every market, so that won't be a problem.

I always a huge single stroopwafel to eat on the go, so delicious.
Fuckin hell this sounds good. Will be going to markets tomorrow.

Dat is wel zonde. :/ Ga je volgend jaar decentrale selectie proberen?

Jep, echt heel jammer. Misschien ga ik wel 'n examen opnieuw doen volgend jaar om in ieder geval die 7 gemiddeld te halen.

Ik heb wel 'n goed gevoel bij decentraal. Ik heb 2 vrienden die er al zo ingekomen zijn, dus ik kan aan hen vragen wat handig is om te doen, plus ik heb 'n aantal goede punten om aan te tonen dat ik gemotiveerd ben om geneeskunde te gaan doen.

Top Bottom