• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dynasty Warriors: Origins details story, battles with largest number of soldiers in series history

Draugoth

Gold Member
Dynasty-Warriors-Origins_2024_07-26-24_029-1024x576.jpg

vvia Gematsu
Publisher Koei Tecmo and developer Omega Force have released the first storyline information, as well as new screenshots and footage of Dynasty Warriors: Origins. The new footage was shown during a PlayStation booth stage event at ChinaJoy 2024, which runs from July 26 to 29 at Shanghai New International Expo Center in Shanghai, China.

Get the details below.

Promising to deliver the most intense action of any Warriors title to date, Dynasty Warriors: Origins introduces fans to a heroic martial artist destined to overcome the immense odds as he fights his way through waves of enemies across the battlefields of the ancient Three Kingdoms.

Dynasty Warriors: Origins introduces a new, deeper interpretation of the traditional Three Kingdoms storyline, which depicts ancient Chinese history. The story begins the year before the Yellow Turban Rebellion, the dawn of an era of great upheaval, when the protagonist (voiced by Jun Fukuyama)—a martial artist with amnesia—visits a village suffering from famine. Here, he meets Zhang Jiao, a long-haired man who offers a helping hand to people, and Guan Yu, a bearded warrior who denounces the injustice of government officials, and together they fight against the forces of corrupt officials.

The immersive story is experienced through the amnesiac protagonist, weaving through history as a single hero. Throughout the game, episodes of the Three Kingdoms are described in greater clarity and detail, delivering a clear and engaging experience not only for fans of the Romance of the Three Kingdoms and Dynasty Warriors franchises, but for those who have not experienced them before.

Dynasty-Warriors-Origins_2024_07-26-24_001.jpg
Dynasty-Warriors-Origins_2024_07-26-24_002.jpg

Dynasty-Warriors-Origins_2024_07-26-24_003.jpg
Dynasty-Warriors-Origins_2024_07-26-24_004.jpg

Fbh

Gold Member
Is there any strategy to these games or is it all just repetitive action? I played one of the early ones on PS2 and could not fathom how anyone played them longer than 20 minutes.

I've only played some of the crossover ones (Pirate Warriors and the Zelda ones) in recent years.
There is some strategy in choosing where to go, which points to capture, where to send your allies and stuff like that. Some missions will have unique objectives that can also add a bit of challenge. On the higher difficulties I did occasionally lose.
But the fighting itself is some pretty mindless but fun button mashing.

Last edited:

Kacho

Gold Member
hopefully it’s not open world like 9 was. 9 was one of the worst games I’ve ever played.
It was sooooo bad

Whoa is that Dynasty Warriors 4 music? The great apology tour has begun. Based Omega Force giving fans what they want.

Edit: yep

Last edited:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Publisher Koei Tecmo and developer Omega Force have released the first storyline information, as well as new screenshots and footage of Dynasty Warriors: Origins. The new footage was shown during a PlayStation booth stage event at ChinaJoy 2024, which runs from July 26 to 29 at Shanghai New International Expo Center in Shanghai, China.

Get the details below.

Dynasty-Warriors-Origins_2024_07-26-24_001.jpg
Dynasty-Warriors-Origins_2024_07-26-24_002.jpg

Dynasty-Warriors-Origins_2024_07-26-24_003.jpg
Dynasty-Warriors-Origins_2024_07-26-24_004.jpg

It's all well and good pumping up the number of units on screen, but I want them to actually do something.

In previous games they mostly just stood around, waiting to get wrecked.

Top Bottom