• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA Sports and Tiger Woods partnership is over [Up: First next-gen screenshot]

Ludist210

lcbEeis.png
I see what you did there...

Next gen does look good. Does EA own the rights to the PGA licence? I would like someone else to step in, in fact I would love a new Links game.

Arkam

Mmmm the Frostbite engine has done them well.
(Your feelings hurt Ignite?)

Looks great. The way TPC Sawgrass hole 17 SHOULD look!

Sorry to see tiger go, but I think the series will be just fine.
(on X1/PS4 only! no WiiU in the works)

Next gen does look good. Does EA own the rights to the PGA licence? I would like someone else to step in, in fact I would love a new Links game.
It WAS a non exclusive license so nothing stopping that unless they redid the deal.

GQman2121

Banned
The images look a little too clean, but I'm sure they'll change that. The visuals were never the issue with their golf games.

Now when will they drop Madden? That change is way over due.

KingJ2002

I think EA is just going to brand it under the PGA Tour and skip using athlete's in the title.

so im expecting

EA PGA Tour 2015 as a title

with only Madden being an celebrity endorsement

I think EA is just going to brand it under the PGA Tour and skip using athlete's in the title.

so im expecting

EA PGA Tour 2015 as a title

with only Madden being an celebrity endorsement

I think that's a better way to go. There really isn't anyone that is leading the pack like Tiger used to. Rory hasn't done anything, Adam Scott is one of the top players but he doesn't dominate the field. Mickleson is hot and cold. Jordan Spief is a great new player but who knows how he'll end up.

Just put a new face each year on the cover.

ViciousDS

Banned
that next gen shot doesn't look that amazing to me....at least its still a work in progress.

But after seeing all the "next gen" footage of games with the IGNITE engine I wouldn't hold my breath.

whoszed

Comparing shitty next gen graphics to even shittier current gen visuals doesn't make either of them any better.

Might be interested in a golf game one day, but I'm not sure if EA can bring it. Their recent efforts lack any kind of enthusiasm, 2k or someone should come up with a focused and fresh take on the sport.

Arkam

Comparing shitty next gen graphics to even shittier current gen visuals doesn't make either of them any better.

Might be interested in a golf game one day, but I'm not sure if EA can bring it. Their recent efforts lack any kind of enthusiasm, 2k or someone should come up with a focused and fresh take on the sport.

Have you ever played any of the Tiger Woods games? They are actually REALLY GOOD golf games.

Recent lack of enthusiasm? Where do you get that from? The last few years have actually been on fire. I mean 2014 was a MINOR let down, but 10,11,12(masters), 13 were all very well done games and kept getting better each year.

Yeah, isn't it just Madden NFL, FIFA, and NHL now? It would be ironic if the NFL charged so much for their license that even EA would think that it was too expensive and no one gets NFL games this generation because of it.

It's not just EA. So far, there's no indication that we will see a next generation baseball game outside of the THE SHOW on the PS4.

The various leagues must be asking for a fuck load of money/high percentage that even EA is balking at....

Yet nobody seems willing to make a non-licensed sports title...weird. Remember the days when there were MULTIPLE "sim style" sports game. I remember the NES having multiple baseball franchises...

It's not just EA. So far, there's no indication that we will see a next generation baseball game outside of the THE SHOW on the PS4.

The various leagues must be asking for a fuck load of money/high percentage that even EA is balking at....

Yet nobody seems willing to make a non-licensed sports title...weird. Remember the days when there were MULTIPLE "sim style" sports game. I remember the NES having multiple baseball franchises...

Baseball%20Simulator%201000.jpg

We need a remake.

I kept up with the Tiger titles for a while and I made heavy investment in Tiger Woods '12 (which was the last one I bought). I did buy all the extra courses for '12, so after that I found it super hard to justify '13 or '14.. I'm better off just loading up '12 and having almost everything I want now..

They should have given you credit/discounts on future DLC if you'd already bought the course before IMO. That was my biggest problem with the EA money-DLC-machine.. Not like the DLC was cheap either.

Coupled with the fact that I didn't like the swing type/putting refreshes in recent years, I left the series alone.

Will probably dip in on the new "EA PGA Tour" or whatever it becomes for the PS4 though. Need me a next-gen golf.

zroid

Banned
I heard about this on the radio today, oddly enough. They also mentioned how EA's stock value has apparently soared this year. :V

Arkam

I kept up with the Tiger titles for a while and I made heavy investment in Tiger Woods '12 (which was the last one I bought). I did buy all the extra courses for '12, so after that I found it super hard to justify '13 or '14.. I'm better off just loading up '12 and having almost everything I want now..

They should have given you credit/discounts on future DLC if you'd already bought the course before IMO. That was my biggest problem with the EA money-DLC-machine.. Not like the DLC was cheap either.

Coupled with the fact that I didn't like the swing type/putting refreshes in recent years, I left the series alone.

Will probably dip in on the new "EA PGA Tour" or whatever it becomes for the PS4 though. Need me a next-gen golf.

I 100% agree. Though I can tell you the reason for having to repurchase each year vs transferring them was a technical limitation coupled with licencing hell. The discount on DLC if you purchased the same course previously... well that we just didnt want to do.

But I will say at least we
(i mean they...right)
started offering the large Course packs (eagle pack, birdie pack) which had major discounts. And had there not been the DLC file size limitation (or preorder bonus exclusivity) there was going to be one giant DLC bundle that was going to make them even cheaper.

Top Bottom