• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eagles of Death Metal performs on stage with (and without) U2 in Paris

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoKKeR

U2 just capped off their final concert in Paris by inviting Eagles of Death Metal, the band that was performing at the Bataclan during the Paris terrorist attacks on November 13th, to the stage. EoDM joined U2 for a cover of Patti Smith's "People Have the Power," and then U2 turned the stage over completely to Eagles of Death Metal for their song "I Love You All The Time" to close out the show and U2's worldwide tour for 2015.

Bono: "Now, nothing left, except to introduce you to some people whose lives will forever be a part of the city of Paris. These are our brothers, our fellow troubadours... They were robbed of their stage 3 weeks ago, so we would like to offer them ours tonight."

Videos:
U2 and Eagles of Death Metal - "People Have the Power" (Live in Paris)
Eagles of Death Metal - "I Love You All The Time" (Live in Paris / U2)

Photos:
large.jpg

CVp7AlzXAAAPAhA.jpg:large

CVp6E7HWIAAW1cZ.jpg

CVp8YTUWUAUjX52.jpg:large

Will post more photos/vidoes/stories as they trickle out. For those interested – this concert will air on HBO tonight at 9PM EST.

stuminus3

That's fantastic. Good for them! I can't imagine how it must feel to go up on a stage again after what happened.

RoKKeR

And now People Have the Power: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gx6nb6cQtVA

Bono: "Now, nothing left, except to introduce you to some people whose lives will forever be a part of the city of Paris. These are our brothers, our fellow troubadours.. They were robbed of their stage 3 weeks ago, so we would like to offer them ours tonight."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom