• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eagles of Death Metal set to return to Bataclan after Paris Attack in Nov.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eagles-Of-Death-Metal-1.jpg

It has been billed as Paris’s rock gig of the year and sold out in minutes. But the soldiers and armed police standing guard and the psychologists on hand to support traumatised fans mean it will be a gig like no other.

The Eagles of Death Metal, the California rock band who were on stage at the Bataclan concert hall when gunmen burst in and killed 90 people in the worst of November’s Paris terrorist attacks, will come back on Tuesday to resume their performance that was so tragically interrupted. With the band’s vocalist, Jesse Hughes, promising that “not returning to finish our set was never an option”, they will play at Paris’s Olympia concert hall before resuming their European tour.

But as the Paris gig approaches, survivors of the Bataclan massacre, who have been given free invitations, are steeling themselves for the emotional challenges of returning to see the band play. For many, it is a crucial step to rebuilding their shattered bodies and lives. Others, who have not felt able to listen to the band’s music or go to a concert since, fear it might be too soon.

More at Source

Some feel it's too soon, but I feel that there is no better time to take a stand against terrorism. I love EODM, I hope its a good show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBNVPyZ9fuE

RoKKeR

Love it. Was really impressed with these guys when they closed out U2's last show in Paris back in December. Good on them for returning and continuing to spread the joy of music.

For some reason I thought Homme wasn't there last time

Edit: I swear that OP said Homme before... Must be losing my marbles. Ignore

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Good for the band, promoters and the venue owners. This was the only call to make.

Hopefully the survivors that do make it to the show enjoy their time there and can take something positive back with them when it's over.

chris121580

Nos Amis debuted on hbo tonight. Documentary about their show at the Bataclan and the amazing bromance between Jessie and Joshua. The whole thing was just phenomenal and gut wrenching. It's an absolute must watch

Calderc

Edit: Didn't realise this was an old thread :/

What happened there was terrible but Jesse sure as hell hasn't done himself any favours in the aftermath IMO.

chris121580

Wait, is it the Bataclan ir the Olympia they're playing? :/

What happened there was terrible but Jesse sure as hell hasn't done himself any favours in the aftermath IMO.
What do you mean by that? He will never be the same and is completely heart broken by that tragedy. What do you expect of him??

What do you mean by that? He will never be the same and is completely heart broken by that tragedy. What do you expect of him??

Last month I heard he was sending death threats to some dude and his daughter. So I mean, on one hand I get it but there's really no reason to be sending death threats to some dudes kid.

chris121580

Last month I heard he was sending death threats to some dude and his daughter. So I mean, on one hand I get it but there's really no reason to be sending death threats to some dudes kid.
Wow. I didn't know about that. I completely agree. That's shocking. He seems like a completely genuine person

Magni

Good luck to them and the other survivors in recovering from that attack. I'm glad this is happening sooner rather than later.

edit: oh, this was a year ago. Explains why I thought it'd already happened!

IIRC, he made some truly stupid comments regarding gun control afterwards.

Wow. I didn't know about that. I completely agree. That's shocking. He seems like a completely genuine person

Apparently he didn't send a death threat to the dudes kid but I mean, this is also pretty bad. Dude seems off his rocker

Pitchfork said:
According to TMZ, Hughes also “glued a voodoo doll on [Vega’s] gate.” In addition, Hughes reportedly stabbed the doll and wrote “Andy is next” on it. The restraining order is for Hughes to stay at least 100 yards away from Vega and his daughter, according to the documents
http://pitchfork.com/news/70950-eag...order-following-alleged-death-threats-report/

I do feel kind of bad for supporting them when he does stuff like this. But in my defense, they just happen to be on the bill for the band I want to see. Though I think their music is alright and think Josh is a really good musician (and co wrote one of my all time favorite albums with Iggy Pop)

chris121580

Apparently he didn't send a death threat to the dudes kid but I mean, this is also pretty bad. Dude seems off his rocker

http://pitchfork.com/news/70950-eag...order-following-alleged-death-threats-report/

I do feel kind of bad for supporting them when he does stuff like this. But in my defense, they just happen to be on the bill for the band I want to see. Though I think their music is alright and think Josh is a really good musician (and co wrote one of my all time favorite albums with Iggy Pop)
Wow, that's nuts. I love josh and have a new appreciation for him after watching. He seems like a great guy. The way he views the world is very interesting

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
Wow I had no idea they played the bataclan since the attacks. Thought this was going to be about an upcoming show there. Thread date trickery!!

Need to watch that doc asap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom