• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Earth Defense Force 6 launches July 25 in the west

Thick Thighs Save Lives

NeoGAF's Physical Games Advocate Extraordinaire

Earth Defense Force 6 will launch for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, and PC via Steam and Epic Games Store on July 25 in the west for $59.99, D3 Publisher and developer Sandlot announced.

PlayStation Store pre-orders are available now and include the following bonuses:
  • 24 hours of early access to the game
  • Downloadable content
    • Reverse Core Type-N
    • Powered Exoskeleton Nix Metal Coat
    • Recruiters (Takanashi Kiara, Gawr Gura, IRyS)
    • Blacker No.6 (Deluxe Edition-only)
EDF6-Date_05-01-24_Pre-Order-768x432.jpg

The Deluxe Edition is priced at $89.99 and includes the following content:
  • A copy of Earth Defense Force 6
  • Season Pass
    • Additional Weapons
      • Air Raider Boarding Weapons: Eros No. 6
      • Air Raider Boarding Weapons: Naegling No. 6
      • Ranger Boarding Weapons: Free Bike No. 6
      • Ranger Weapons: Broken MR98 Fang
      • Ranger Weapons: A60 Binary Round
      • Ranger Weapons: Aerial Reverser M0
      • Wing Diver Independently Operated Equipment: Handy Saber Type 0
      • Fencer Weapons: OneeChanbara ORIGIN-Illustrated “Disguised Body Pillow”
      • Fencer Weapons: Power Blade Zero
      • Fencer Weapons: Proto Reflector
      • Strengthening Parts for Fencer: Gunner’s Exoskeleton
    • Additional Missions
      • Additional Mission Pack 1: “Lost Days”
      • Additional Mission Pack 2: “Visions of Malice
EDF6-Date_05-01-24_Delxue-Edition-768x432.jpg

Source - Gematsu

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Game comes out this Thursday and, at least on PC, it has pre-order disccount.

Think I'll be getting this Day 1. After SMT V and ER's DLC I could use a simple and fun game like this one.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Deluxe unlocks a day early. PSN+ members get a 10% discount as well.
Ouch, I think PC bros won't be getting the day early bonus even with the preorder, all I see on the Steam page is some free DLC for preordering.

Wonder if we'll have an OT here on GAF to talk about this game on release? I'd bet maybe 10 people here care about it. :goog_relieved:

bender

What time is it?
Ouch, I think PC bros won't be getting the day early bonus even with the preorder, all I see on the Steam page is some free DLC for preordering.

Wonder if we'll have an OT here on GAF to talk about this game on release? I'd bet maybe 10 people here care about it. :goog_relieved:

Weird. I think all PSN pre-orders unlock early.

Steam:

Pre-Order Bonus DLC(*1)
 Wing Diver Support Device: Reverse Core Type N
・Early Purchase Bonus DLC(*2)
 Ranger Weapons: Soldier Recruiter Decoy Takanashi Kiara / Gawr Gura / IRyS
 Air Raider Boarding Weapons: Powered Exoskeleton Nix Metal Coat

*1 This offer is only available to customers who purchase the product through pre-order by 23:59 (PDT) on July 24th, 2024.
*2 This offer is only available to customers who purchase by 23:59 (PST) on December 24th, 2024.

PSN:

Pre-Order Bonus
・Wing Diver Support Device "Reverse Core Type N"
・10% discount (PS Plus members only)
・24-hour Early Access

*This Pre-Order Bonus is only available to those who pre-order this product during the pre-order period.

EARTH DEFENSE FORCE 6 launches on July 25, 2024. Let's get ready to go to work!
Purchasers will be entitled to the full game & bonus DLC for both the PS4™ and PS5™ versions.

Plus, even more benefits!

◆PlayStation ® Store purchase benefits◆
・Air Raider Boarding Weapons: Powered Exoskeleton Nix Metal Coat
*Only for customers who purchase the game on PlayStation ® Store by 23:59, December 24, 2024.

◆Exclusive DLC◆
・Exclusive DLC: Recruiter (Takanashi Kiara)
・Exclusive DLC: Recruiter (Gawr Gura)
・Exclusive DLC: Recruiter (IRyS)
*Only for customers who purchase the game on PlayStation ® Store by 23:59, December 24, 2024.

Digital Deluxe contains the Season Pass with a bunch of weapons and two mission packs.

TintoConCasera

bender bender yeah, it's the part about the 24-hour Early Access that seems to be nowhere to be seen on the Steam store page.

Will you playing on PS5? Would be cool to read your impression on the 24th to build some hype. :messenger_ok:

nikos

Was looking forward to this but I'm hearing there's no ultrawide support, which was expected, and it's locked to 60 FPS, which is a dealbreaker.

Last edited:

Mr.ODST

Buzzing cant wait, 100% 5 and all the others, 6 isn't a massive change from EDF5 but it has cross campaign progression between online/offline which 5 didn't and a new backpack slot, other than that some QOL improvements and that's it.

Reactions: Isa

bender

What time is it?
Buzzing cant wait, 100% 5 and all the others, 6 isn't a massive change from EDF5 but it has cross campaign progression between online/offline which 5 didn't and a new backpack slot, other than that some QOL improvements and that's it.
200w.gif

Reactions: Isa

Longcat

Bought it on Humble, and yes, you do get the pre-order bonuses even though they aren't mentioned at all on the Humble site.

KemoSabe

Was looking forward to this but I'm hearing there's no ultrawide support, which was expected, and it's locked to 60 FPS, which is a dealbreaker.
Really?
I just got an ultrawide monitor...
Hopefully someone will make a patch to enable uw.

nikos

Really?
I just got an ultrawide monitor...
Hopefully someone will make a patch to enable uw.

Two great sources, in case you don't know about them already, are the WSGF discord and pcgamingwiki.com

Most ultrawide fixes come from people in this discord.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

The EDF deploys in less than 24 hours and I'm excited as fuck.

Even better since tomorrow's holiday where I live, will spend the day killing bugs monsters left and right. :messenger_ok:

Top Bottom