• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikey Jr.

You were the only one to do so though.

I wonder why they took it off and are not even naming the pod episodes anymore, it is somehow fun to try to name it myself after I download them on Soundcloud.

Dunno. I'd be ok with them going back to thumbnails. GT time ones were great. But the one they did here was bad. Gray and black. And the thumbnail picture was bad too. Some weird supernova picture and yellow writing. Every single colour clashed in that thumbnail. Twas quite the feat.

edit: $20 away from 37k!!! Holy shit!!!

Congrats guys. Keeps surprising me every week.

Wiggy

You were the only one to do so though.

I wonder why they took it off and are not even naming the pod episodes anymore, it is somehow fun to try to name it myself after I download them on Soundcloud.

Probably just wanna be quick with it, so its up ASAP with minimal extra effort.

I trashed their thumbnail on their second podcast in this thread.

I said I wished they just went back to the thumbnail of the first podcast. Hahaha, oops. Ohh well, that second thumbnail was garbage-tier.

Eh, it was better than just the logo

DigiMish

While I do think this 5 star system is one of the best they can have for brand new releases (especially with those descriptions), no scoring system could clear up the Ratchet & Clank score with the points that were brought up in the review about the value the game provides for long-time fans

What does 3.5 (or whatever score the game gets assigned regardless of scale) actually mean?

Is it an averaged out score to account for newcomers and longtime fans alike? Is it a 3.5 strictly for newcomers? or is it a 3.5 strictly for longtime fans? Because if it's the former, then the game is a 3 or lower lower for longtime fans. If it's the latter, then the game's actually a 4 or higher for newcomers etc. There's just a whole new aspect of "what does the score actually mean" when it comes to remakes & remasters, as opposed to brand new games.

I think you're complicating things. You can't really have a separate rating system if a game is a remaster or remake. It becomes subjective at that point, just like all reviews. In the end, it's 3.5 stars - between recommended and excellent.

RiverKwai

btw, now that you say that, EZA only reads comments from subscribers? I haven't seen they read any of my comments and I think I always go ignored :(

I'm not a twitch subscriber and they read like 6 of my comments last night. lol
Sorry to hog all the action.

Lexad

Was not expecting them to post that. It will be great to add more to the world and give Ben some more opportunities to DM

VanWinkle

Thus far, my favorite show is easily Cup of Jones. Has great audio and video quality, it's a very focused format, has a more manageable length for me compared to streams and the podcasts, etc.

It's just very pleasant.

Hasney

Have they talked about bringing back countdown? I think it had high viewership back on GT.

They talked, but Brandon said it's far too much work. It took up a lot of people's weeks with a meeting involving a long debate, scripting, getting footage and editing. Then even a post mortem if that one didn't get many views.

Since views aren't the main metric anymore and even if it was, the effort to views ratio probably isn't worth it, it's not coming back.

Mezoly

They talked, but Brandon said it's far too much work. It took up a lot of people's weeks with a meeting involving a long debate, scripting, getting footage and editing. Then even a post mortem if that one didn't get many views.

Since views aren't the main metric anymore and even if it was, the effort to views ratio probably isn't worth it, it's not coming back.

I see. Thanks for the response.

wiibomb

I see. Thanks for the response.

He also mentioned that GT countdown explicit purpose was for the views, and that there were always discussion when there were not enough views on one countdown, so they kept close record of the views of those videos since that was the only purpose.

They don't want to either focus on the view aspect or the long discussion associated with creating a content which could become useless in the long run.

Mezoly

He also mentioned that GT countdown explicit purpose was for the views, and that there were always discussion when there were not enough views on one countdown, so they kept close record of the views of those videos since that was the only purpose.

They don't want to either focus on the view aspect or the long discussion associated with creating a content which could become useless in the long run.

Well other channels do these countdowns so I could get my fix there. I always preferred GT ones thought probably because they spent a lot of time on them. I'm very excited for Retrospectives coming back I prefer them spending time on Retrospectives than countdown because it's more unique and hard to find a replacement for.

RoKKeR

Listening to the podcast this week... Why are they spending so much time on this Titanfall 2 trailer haha.

I do love the "In the world of..." bet. Could really go either way. I'd probably take that one.

El-Suave

They could turn that format into a two hit combo though making it worth their time, put the Top 10 out for free and make the debate a Patron's only video. That should get some people to pledge.

Tsosie

They could turn that format into a two hit combo though making it worth their time, put the Top 10 out for free and make the debate a Patron's only video. That should get some people to pledge.

The biggest reason we will not see them anytime soon, or at all, is because of the time they take to develop. Jones said that they would start each week with a 3+ hour discussion about the top 10. When they were all in an office together each week, this was possible. Now that they really only meet 1 day a week to try and create all of their group content, those type of previous discussions are just not possible.

Even if they could fix that issue, which would be very difficult with their current schedule, they no longer have their games library or game capture video library from their GT days.

Hasney

It's a good idea, but I don't think they have the time at all to do it. Hopefully if they do GOTY stuff this time, it is recorded. That'll be a blast. Maybe make that a Patreon thing.

Visceir

Loved Red Dead Revisited stream setup. It's also why I think that Brandon's place would be the best setting for them. Makes the stream so much better. Also liked the extra commitment with the hat and accent.

As for Huber's Road Rash dream game...would be perfect to put it in Akira's dystopian version of Tokyo 2030 and just have it take heavy inspiration from that feel/design, would be so good.

https://youtu.be/_b9akEQQJng?t=103

tumblr_m4eqn5rQ9I1rv6tiwo1_500.gif

luchadork

I reckon Brandon's set up is way better than any sterile faux tv studio they could come up with. Its more intimate, jolly, personable. Suits EZA to a T.

I dunno how Brandon feels about having everyone at his place all the time though lol.

Hasney

I reckon Brandon's set up is way better than any sterile faux tv studio they could come up with. Its more intimate, jolly, personable. Suits EZA to a T.

I dunno how Brandon feels about having everyone at his place all the time though lol.

We'll just get Brandon and Amanda to decorate the studio!

Grief51

Banned
Seems EZA is trending towards 38k by the end of April. That is still a quite decent growth from the 34k last month.

If this continues they should hit 40k next month.

Kasper

The way things are working currently I'm actually not really all that interested in the team moving into a new office. I much prefer the homey look of Brandon's garage, and to be honest I never really liked GT Live all that much, so getting that back would be a waste of resources in terms of what kind of content I'm interested in seeing them produce with the limited time that they have available.

UrbanRats

Yeah that must be awkward.

Lexad

I am not worried at all. They could do a lot of things to recreate that garage type feel. Each guy donates some stuff/memorabilia and it will be fine.

It kind of is necessary as it makes them officially official and it can get a few guys to commit to it.

Visceir

The way things are working currently I'm actually not really all that interested in the team moving into a new office. I much prefer the homey look of Brandon's garage, and to be honest I never really liked GT Live all that much, so getting that back would be a waste of resources in terms of what kind of content I'm interested in seeing them produce with the limited time that they have available.

Who knows, they might be able to get a really cool location, hopefully a place that actually has windows this time around...

I don't miss GT Live all that much either, it was something that Brandon seemed to enjoy doing but it always felt a bit dry. I imagine it might be a bit difficult to get collaborations done with the garage as their main base though.

The cynic in me says they won't be getting to 50k at current pace though, unless they make a big push for it.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
I think part of that stuff is solved with them asking on feedback for the feel of the studio.
Maybe it doesn't have to be a stage with a center desk.

Hasney

I know some people were asking, so it's just been posted that Tabletop Escapades is going up on Soundcloud and iTunes too!

sora87

Damn, Damiani needs to chill a little with the shouting and stuff, I expected a chill pilotwings stream.

The only concern I have with the 50k goal is if they reach it but then drop off in the next months, would suck to afford a nice studio but then... kinda not afford one.

RiverKwai

Loved Red Dead Revisited stream setup. It's also why I think that Brandon's place would be the best setting for them. Makes the stream so much bet

I think one of the main benefits of a new studio would be that if the location was selected well, it could be easier for everyone to get there than to Brandon's garage, therefore there could be more group content. I'm not sure where exactly where the Jonescave is located - but LA traffic patterns could potentially make it a 2+ hour drive for some of these guys to get there during some parts of the day. (LA traffic sucks) I think at least one of the guys is in the Santa Monica area and Bosman seems to be closer to Pasadena. Even in light traffic, those two places are almost an hour away from each other.

Tsosie

You know, I had accepted that I was never going to get another trailer score, but after this week's podcast, I was reminded how much I miss that show. Hearing Brandon talk about trailer marketing and techniques made me realize that there is not other show on the internet that approaches trailers that way (that I have found). Bosman, if you are reading this, could you try to add this type of segment to the podcast every so often. Love and respect.

Hasney

For some reason, watching Brand and Huber take on RE6 has made me play it... No idea why.

Hubers right on 2 things he said on the streams though. Leon's campaign is a 6.5 that felt like a 3.5 at the time of release because it just wasn't as good as any other RE game. Also that it's a shame the combat is so good because the encounters are so bad.

Maligna

Banned
Does anyone else have the Patreon app on Android? Mine doesn't seem to keep me up to date on all their posts if I go to the EZA page through it.

If I use my web browser on my phone it works fine though. Seems like a useless app.

Tsosie

I have it. Make sure you have push notifications on (if you want them). More I, when you open the a, you have to pull down from the top to refresh the app every time. It is weird, I know, but you have to do the refresh everything you open it. I hope this helps.

Maligna

Banned
I have it. Make sure you have push notifications on (if you want them). More I, when you open the a, you have to pull down from the top to refresh the app every time. It is weird, I know, but you have to do the refresh everything you open it. I hope this helps.

Pulling down to refresh worked. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom