• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbluzb

Watched the eza patrons DnD session, it was so much fun ���� Ben is really a great DM pushing the players to role play and get more comfortable in telling their actions and feelings.

Regarding the goals, I also like the garage set-up, it makes the group stream ambiance familiar and connected. The need for a studio seems to be not needed anymore since the business model is no longer based on view count and "studio level set up" requirement to have a certain prestige. Patrons support the project directly wherever you plan of doing it.

Speculating: I think the drive for the studio is something some of the crew feels makes EZA more legit. Working for corporate Viacom and Defy, they are still adjusting to working freelance and independent; they want to satisfy a need of security -- something tangible that when they tell their friends and family, they can say they work for a company that has studio business address at LA.

UrbanRats

Watched the eza patrons DnD session, it was so much fun ���� Ben is really a great DM pushing the players to role play and get more comfortable in telling their actions and feelings.
I'll try to give this another shot, though the audio made me stop, earlier today.

I reckon Brandon's set up is way better than any sterile faux tv studio they could come up with. Its more intimate, jolly, personable. Suits EZA to a T.

I dunno how Brandon feels about having everyone at his place all the time though lol.

I do agree, but at the same time I wish they could do something about the mic setup for the podcast. Kyle occasionally peeking out from behind one of the mics during this weeks episode was just silly.
I do love the homely feel to stuff done in the garage though, with all of Brandons game stuff in there...it just seems right for EZA's style.

Loved the RE Huber stream. I figured he was going to do Leon A since he hadn't streamed it before but it was cool to have him see my request for it and just dove right in.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Really liked Easy Update 4. Who's Your Daddy was a great segment. I liked the somewhat collaborative discoveries that were happening in a competitive game. I also just always like Ian and Kyle's dynamic. I'm down for Bosminck whenever I can get it. (feel free to make up your own name). It's an amusing touch that the credits flicker to briefly add "ess" (or "es") to various words. Stuff like that is part of the charm.

Loved Easy Update.

Between work, time difference and the other EZA shows, I never have time to watch the streams (even the archived streams) so this is a real treat, would love to watch a highlights version of each stream if it were possible. Completely understand why they wouldnt be able to do it though.

crimilde

Banned
Seeing Ben mention the Uchigatana at the end of his second DS3 stream, I just started singing to myself "Uchigataaa-na, Uchigataaaa-na, it is a weapon from Japan!". Now I got this sudden impulse to watch Matt and Bratt's DS Pants Man streams again. 😂

Anyway, great content put up by everyone this week. Loved Tabletop Escapades as usual, highlight of the week for me.

Also I really want to see Ian do some more "making an rpg" streams when he has the time.

Zomba13

Seeing Ben mention the Uchigatana at the end of his second DS3 stream, I just started singing to myself "Uchigataaa-na, Uchigataaaa-na, it is a weapon from Japan!". Now I got this sudden impulse to watch Matt and Bratt's DS Pants Man streams again. 😂

Anyway, great content put up by everyone this week. Loved Tabletop Escapades as usual, highlight of the week for me.

Also I really want to see Ian do some more "making an rpg" streams when he has the time.

Pants Man might be my favourite Souls playthroughs to watch.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Easy Allies Plays is the channel I've been waiting for.

Subscribed immediately.

Did you recently learn of it because of the tweet and/or announcement video? I think it's a good thing they did those things because I imagine a lot of people haven't been aware the second channel existed.

Axass

Blood, just wanted to say I can't find Ben's Hyper Light Drifter stream on youtube. Maybe you forgot to upload it because it's mistakenly titled Resident Evil 6 on twitch?

Kneefoil

Blood, just wanted to say I can't find Ben's Hyper Light Drifter stream on youtube. Maybe you forgot to upload it because it's mistakenly titled Resident Evil 6 on twitch?
I asked about that yesterday on Twitter.

6983c89a03.png

Joqu

Man, I want them to archive ALL of the stuff though. I get being unhappy with a stream but there's always going to be people who do find enjoyment in it

Axass

Man, I want them to archive ALL of the stuff though. I get being unhappy with a stream but there's always going to be people who do find enjoyment in it

Agreed. I watched the stream on Twitch and it was actually pretty fine. It's not like we watch the streams for the games by the way, it's because you guys are playing those games. <3

Hasney

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWQm3AwbZCk

I'm gonna follow the model they do with Giant Bomb, where even the test segments of premium streams go up on their unachieved thing, so nothing is ever lost. I'll pull anything they end up uploading automatically since I scan the channels for new stuff every day.

A metric shitton of unscheduled Overwatch is going up.

Tankard

Loved Easy Update new episode, Ian and Bosman are very good together.

Watching Bosman v Wozniak 3 next, looking forward to it.

Later Updaters!

rtcn63

For some reason, watching Brand and Huber take on RE6 has made me play it... No idea why.

Hubers right on 2 things he said on the streams though. Leon's campaign is a 6.5 that felt like a 3.5 at the time of release because it just wasn't as good as any other RE game. Also that it's a shame the combat is so good because the encounters are so bad.

They've improved a lot of things since launch. QTE's are much, much less annoying (for example, when climbing you had to hold say the left shoulder button then press and hold the right shoulder button, then release the left while still holding the right, etc. If you messed up, you'd slip, prolonging the torture). The driving sections seem easier and ammo is also supposedly more (grossly) abundant. (And the re-releases go even further to mitigate things)

Jrmint

So I finally finished Bloodborne and I'd really like to go back and listen to those retrospective discussions they did about a year ago at GT. Are those on YouTube somewhere?

slash3584

Wow I don't know why I've never watched Tabletop Adventures, it's fucking fantastic.

Now I really need a game to scratch my D&D itch, what would you recommend guys?

Axass

Holy crap it would be awesome if they did Who's Your Daddy? for one of their group streams.

Dunno, I guess it could get old quickly: there's only so many outcomes in the game as far as I see. Could work well as a side dish though, with a meatier game as the titular one for the stream.

Wow I don't know why I've never watched Tabletop Adventures, it's fucking fantastic.

Now I really need a game to scratch my D&D itch, what would you recommend guys?

Baldur's Gate 2 is arguably the best WRPG ever made. Playing BG1 first is kinda debateable. In my opinion BG1 is still great game if a bit basic in many ways.

slash3584

Baldur's Gate 2 is arguably the best WRPG ever made. Playing BG1 first is kinda debateable. In my opinion BG1 is still great game if a bit basic in many ways.

Worth noting that the enhanced editions of Icewind Dale, Baldur's Gate I and II are 60% off on GOG right now.

Like, video game or tabletop? The former is always Baldurs Gate for me.

Yeah I meant a video game!

I'm buying BG 2 right now, thanks!

timmyp53

Easy Allies Plays is the channel I've been waiting for.

Subscribed immediately.

I don't know... I can see this stuff being overlooked easily. Before they split the channels me and a couple of other people suggested cutting the videos down to the best 10-15 minutes. One guy actually made a dumb Monday super cut and it works.

I think that type of thing could be so much more accessible and appealing than an hour and 30 minute plus stream video.

Also another example of cutting the videos down making them instantly more appealing is the latest easy update episode. It's just damn good when it's cut down and edited nicely.

I think they should keep easy allies plays channel but in addition do trimmed downed best of videos on their main page.

What do you guys think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom