• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

eFootball (Konami) - 2024/25 season update out now

Downloaded the new season update and I’ve been playing a few offline friendly matches and the on-pitch gameplay feels incredibly sublime this season. Player movement feels a lot less stiff and there seems to be more variety to the animations.

Still, no Master League despite the amount of money I’d throw at them for the privilege.

PaintTinJr

Is this game any good?
I miss the old good winning eleven gameplay
Playability wise it is the best it has ever been. My advice try remap your controls to PES style and start playing at a difficulty where you can score a few goals per game, and then when you are score 7 and 8, move up a difficulty.

DAHGAMING

Its a real shame what has happened to PES. They have turned it into this shity Dream Team only thing to make money. My go to games since forever are football games FIFA or PES and the later always had the best gameplay. I only play online with real team none of this dream team or ultimate team bullshit, but since Efootball they have taken that mode out and I doubt we will see it again, along with Master League (they said its been coming for yrs and the latest is there not happy with it so not releasing it). I have to stick with the worse gameplay of FC still sadly.

6L6Drh4.png

Last edited:

PaintTinJr

I played this like 2 or 3 months ago on PC. I was shocked at how bad it was. like one of those many copy cats games on the Google store
I can't speak for how good/bad the PC version is, but any competent gamer with controls setup like PES and time, effort to get good on PlayStation will tell you that every other football game is poor in comparison, like comparing chess to chequers in terms of how much better you can express your own footballing philosophy on the pitch....but then maybe I'm biased from playing PES in one form or another for closer to 3 decades.

The game is so intricate when things like first touch on the ball from a user input level come down to knowing,

A: Player foot dominance - so directional input when turning to receive or first movement with the ball matches strongest foot going to the ball
B: How early you use the shield button immediately after passing - works like a Sword of Omen's alertness call for the receiving player - to give the receiving player maximum time to adjust and come to intercept the ball
C: How good your timing to tap the run button perfectly timed - with zero directional input - to cushion the ball on first touch and then potentially use the shield button immediately after to hold off a player.

Last edited:

PaintTinJr

Such a shame, I really miss PES. I'd give this a go if they finally released ML. The least they could do is have the decency to confirm it's cancelled.
For anyone still desperate for ML I would argue go try the (Vs AI) My league in the game until you are good enough to beat it, and on doing that then ask yourself do you really miss ML still or just miss the opportunity to play local opposition playing at your level. I'm definitely in the latter category, now.

Last edited:

RagnarokIV

Battlebus imprisoning me \m/ >.< \m/
looks like a shit bender game, all fake smiles and fantasy bullshit. I would love to see a spinoff that focuses on the hooligan side of the sport, finding a good pub with the lads to knock down a few diesels, smashing some cunt's head in and legging it from the old bill etc. get home to the mrs and tell her it was a quiet match

PaintTinJr

looks like a shit bender game, all fake smiles and fantasy bullshit. I would love to see a spinoff that focuses on the hooligan side of the sport, finding a good pub with the lads to knock down a few diesels, smashing some cunt's head in and legging it from the old bill etc. get home to the mrs and tell her it was a quiet match
I could see R* taking the rights for classic British film ID and making a game of it.

Roufianos

For anyone still desperate for ML I would argue go try the (Vs AI) My league in the game until you are good enough to beat it, and on doing that then ask yourself do you really miss ML still or just miss the opportunity to play local opposition playing at your level. I'm definitely in the latter category, now.
Cheers will check it out

GinSama

Still have my Pes 2018 with all mods and option files installed... Don't see Konami doing anything better than this one or any winning eleven version.

Although just wished they release ml for me to let it go old versions...this new efootball mechanics wise is really good.
But their footplanting is horrible Jesus Christ...
I still think they did mistake dropping the fox engine.

The football games have been pretty stale since winning eleven , football kingdom and the pes 2014/2018 days.....

Last edited:

Boss Mog

Still have my Pes 2018 with all mods and option files installed... Don't see Konami doing anything better than this one or any winning eleven version.
Same. It's the only football game I play. 2018 was the last one to have the Champions League/Europa League branding.
Honestly I'm not a fan of the new Champions League format so I'd rather play a game with the classic format.

You mean the best simulation of the best sport ever endorsed by all the GOAT players? You bet it is, and the fact it is F2P is only helping it grow

Tried it when it launched, was absolute garbage. Maybe they've improved it but I have no desire to play a F2P football game, I wanna pay and get a complete package with all the teams/kits etc... I have zero interest in those gatcha online modes. I just want Master League which eFootball didn't even have when it launched.

PaintTinJr

Same. It's the only football game I play. 2018 was the last one to have the Champions League/Europa League branding.
Honestly I'm not a fan of the new Champions League format so I'd rather play a game with the classic format.

Tried it when it launched, was absolute garbage. Maybe they've improved it but I have no desire to play a F2P football game, I wanna pay and get a complete package with all the teams/kits etc... I have zero interest in those gatcha online modes. I just want Master League which eFootball didn't even have when it launched.
Sorry that's just not the case.
The licensed teams and kits are paid for by Konami even though the game is free, just go check the likes of Man U's profit and sustainability reporting to see that they get paid and all the players are in, just not all the clubs by official name, and all the official kits, but the choice of real footie game versus garbage game with all real kits doesn't sound like a philosophy of loving great gaming and actually loving football. fcuk licensing, it adds very little to gaming, and if mid sized bigger clubs - compared to 1.1bilion supported United - don't want to be in the best footie simulation game on the planet in genuine form, then more fool them IMO for projecting their lack of understanding about gaming to want money over authenticity and money.

If you are already good at PES, then with a little bit of reconfiguration of the controls (detailed settings changes too) to best match PES you should have no problem avoiding all the MTX and playing the offline My league mode and having a amazing team off fully upgraded superstar players for free in no time at all.

In 3years or so years I've spent zero money, not one penny, completely F2P as is, and have a starting 11 team at about +325 rating (Zico manager, Lewandowski(CF), Mbappe(CF), Bellingham(CMF), Fernandes(AMF), Palmer(CMF), De Ligt(DMF), Theo Hernandes (LB), Bastoni(CB), Rudiger(CB), Wan-bissaka(RB), Onana(GK) and have 60 other great players from Maradona, Stoichkov, Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar Jr, Roberto Carlos, etc all maxed out rated at +100 when taking the field.

Most old PES players not giving it a go are only missing out IMO, game is absolute fire. I probably should record some easy goals at Top Player difficulty level and upload.

The likes of doing power shots by setting shoot direction and then release and pre charging with no-direction then holding dash+shoot(purple power gauge) is like striking every shot with Edgar Davids or Battistuta of old in ISS Pro Evo. It is so satisfying.

edit: Some gameplay

Last edited:

RCX

How is football life 2024.
I am hearing praises for that one.
Its excellent. Miles better than EAFC. Been playing it with my daughter since the first edition (2022 I think)

Fox Engine still got it.

Very much designed for local play though.

Last edited:

GinSama

Its excellent. Miles better than EAFC. Been playing it with my daughter since the first edition (2022 I think)

Fox Engine still got it.

Very much designed for local play though.

They don't use fox engine anymore, it was dropped after efootball 2021. It's unreal engine now.

Pretty much since they went f2p...

PaintTinJr

They don't use fox engine anymore, it was dropped after efootball 2021. It's unreal engine now.

Pretty much since they went f2p...
Fox Engine was also Unreal, all Konami's game will have been unreal since the late 90's they would have just been paying the full publisher license to debadge the engine, customise and re-use it as many times as they wanted prior to the free commercial license.

Look at the 1997 animation system in the original ISS game. no other engine was remotely close, even iDTech. It has always been Unreal.

GinSama

Fox Engine was also Unreal, all Konami's game will have been unreal since the late 90's they would have just been paying the full publisher license to debadge the engine, customise and re-use it as many times as they wanted prior to the free commercial license.

Look at the 1997 animation system in the original ISS game. no other engine was remotely close, even iDTech. It has always been Unreal.

Having legacy animations or legacy bugs is pretty normal in sports games no matter if the engine is different or not..Madden used to have ignite engine and now has frostbite....and still has animations from the 2000 old engine...

But at the end of the day is a different engine.
The game has lost a good amount of footplanting and momentum on the players. Also physics of the ball have been so dumbed down the last years. You can see the difference between 2021 and the following years.....

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
Milwall fan spotted.

RCX

You can change the button layout i believe. Still not peak PES though.

Huge gap in the market for a decent football game.
Normies won't play it without real league and player licenses.

Sucks but that's the reality. It's the Madden effect.

RCX

Fuck those peasants. PES always was the better game.

Sublime is the word. The world is missing something without it.
Agreed 100%. My daughter made me buy ea24 and it plays like a game of retard ping-pong. Hate it to death.

Pes was always the better game. Since the absolute start. Check out FL24. You'll be pleasantly surprised

Top Bottom