• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

egm review scores - september 2007 (lair, blue dragon, mario strikers: charged, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
chemicals said:
I bet Lair is fun regardless. EGM grades on just about the toughest scale in the industry, and all the Rogue Squadron games for the GC were awesome and fun as hell.. Lair is probably still gonna be all good.

Did they give the Rogue Squadron games poor scores? I liked the 1st one for the Cube a lot.

Can someone do a compare and contrast between Lair and Reign of Fire and maybe opinions about which one was better?

Shawn128

AlternativeUlster said:
Did they give the Rogue Squadron games poor scores? I liked the 1st one for the Cube a lot.

Can someone do a compare and contrast between Lair and Reign of Fire and maybe opinions about which one was better?

Rogue Squadron II I remember getting 9's across the board. III didn't do so well, 6-7 range if I recall right. But many still claim it to be a really fun game, so take that how you want.

Shawn128 said:
Rogue Squadron II I remember getting 9's across the board..

Which is just shitballs insane. The only thing I could attribute that to was that -

A) It was a Star Wars game set in the original universe

B) It was a launch title for a Nintendo system

C) It looked insanely good

Gameplay wise, it was a dog.

Gigglepoo

Shawn128 said:
Rogue Squadron II I remember getting 9's across the board. III didn't do so well, 6-7 range if I recall right. But many still claim it to be a really fun game, so take that how you want.

I assume RS2 got such a high score because it was a launch title. Those are always inflated. RS2 got a 9.0 from EGM, RS3 had a 71.7% average rating.

Shawn128 said:

RS III got exactly what it deserved. The on foot parts were a complete mess and once the same was announced for Lair, I knew it was doomed. Factor 5, keep your games in the air.

RobertM

super funk said:
RS III got exactly what it deserved. The on foot parts were a complete mess and once the same was announced for Lair, I knew it was doomed. Factor 5, keep your games in the air.
Umm, tyou can get off and on the dragon, that's it, no on foot action.

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
Hitler Stole My Potato said:
Which is just shitballs insane. The only thing I could attribute that to was that -

A) It was a Star Wars game set in the original universe

B) It was a launch title for a Nintendo system

C) It looked insanely good

Gameplay wise, it was a dog.

Yeah, this type of a dog:
never1.jpg

"I Ruv Roo!"

Anyways, the only thing I hated about the game was when you had to trip landwalkers or whatever they are called. I don't know the real name because I am not a nerd.

arias said:
Yeah you hated on it for something that was non-existent.

Good man.

x

:lol

I could have sworn that I read something about getting off the dragons and I assumed that meants on foot fighting. And I dont mean so much 'hating' as much as I mean an excuse for why it sucked.

tanod

when is my burrito
arias said:
Eat shit you. I know he's going to cardboard box God.

x

Such hate and vitriol. Even if joking, is that really necessary?

Xeno-fans are a very scary bunch.

MageLord

vspectra06 said:
I knew Lair wouldn't be as great as people would have thought. I didn't expect Blue Dragon to get raving reviews either.

I can't say I'm all that surprised about Blue Dragon much to my disappointment. Have any of you played the demo on XBL? It was horrible IMO!

MageLord said:
I can't say I'm all that surprised about Blue Dragon much to my disappointment. Have any of you played the demo on XBL? It was horrible IMO!
I know I've said it before... but the demo was utter shite compared to the full release game. I don't know how they managed to screw it up so much. =(

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Mojovonio said:
I'm looking at the mag right now, I can confirm those scores are real.

Finally some confirmation.

beelzebozo really lucked out that his made-up fanboy scores matched the real ones.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I've just seen this and I'm quite shocked at the Lair scores... I always loved Rogue Leader on the Cube (even got gold medals on 10+ missions), looks like they dropped the ball on this one. Or the 3 EGM guys are horribly wrong.

sprocket

Banned
Darunia said:
I've just seen this and I'm quite shocked at the Lair scores... I always loved Rogue Leader on the Cube (even got gold medals on 10+ missions), looks like they dropped the ball on this one.

Whats with this SCORES? EGM is the only one to give it a bad score so far. :/

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
i see only tears. . . but it's unclear whether they're of jubilation or sadness

also, it looks like it's splitsville for delta burke and major dad

sprocket said:
Whats with this SCORES? EGM is the only one to give it a bad score so far. :/
There is no hive mind called "EGM." Three people who played the game independently and didn't talk to each other during the process gave it mediocre scores.

Darji

Banned
Kobun Heat said:
There is no hive mind called "EGM." Three people who played the game independently and didn't talk to each other during the process gave it mediocre scores.
yeah but they tested an early version and i am sure they played not through the whole game. Anyway the podcast from 13. august will be very interesting becaus Eggebrecht is on their show and will talk with them about the score^^

vpance

Darji said:
yeah but they tested an early version and i am sure they played not through the whole game. Anyway the podcast from 13. august will be very interesting becaus Eggebrecht is on their show and will talk with them about the score^^

LOL at Eggebrecht having to appear on their very own show to do damage control. Mag gets attention and then the podcast. Poor game review on high profile titles is smart.

It's like the teacher giving the student a poor grade and now the father has to go in front of the class to explain why he's not a retard. What shame. Teacher gets a pay raise too (ratings).

Darji

Banned
vpance said:
LOL at Eggebrecht having to appear on their very own show to do damage control.

It's like the teacher giving the student a poor grade and now the father has to go in front of the class to explain why he's not a retard. What shame. Teacher gets a pay raise too (ratings).
maybe but if EGM the only one who felt that its a very bad game then i am curios to hear their thoughts about the game and why they gave such a bad score.

There's like two reviews of this game out right now. What are you basing this on? EGM and Play? It's not like there aren't magazines known to love a game while every one else hates it either. It could be either. It really remains to be seen.

Plus, Julian talks a big game all of the time. He did so with the GameCube and what they did and he's been doing it with this game and the PS3. I really don't think what he thinks about it is of any importance.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
vpance said:
LOL at Eggebrecht having to appear on their very own show to do damage control. Mag gets attention and then the podcast. Poor game review on high profile titles is smart.

Say what you will about his game, but the guy really seems to believe in it.

JDSN

Banned
Darji said:

:lol That will be fun.

Darji

Banned
AstroLad said:
Say what you will about his game, but the guy really seems to believe in it.
he has all reason to believe in this game. First the Soundtrack is truly epic and ****ing great., the visuals are amaizing and according to many people who have played the demo think that the controls are iritating at first but after a few minutes they begin to shine^^

What happens if other news outlets start giving Lair bad reviews, will Eggbrecht start jetting across the world trying to argue his case with various journalists and reviewers? I think developers are welcome to rebuttals on their scores given to their games, but I'm not sure I like the way this issue is panning out at the moment.

Does Edge have a review of Lair in this month's edition? I know its out on August 2nd I believe, was going to pop to the shops tomorrow to see if some foolhardy shopkeep has put them out early.

Darji

Banned
sionyboy said:
What happens if other news outlets start giving Lair bad reviews, will Eggbrecht start jetting across the world trying to argue his case with various journalists and reviewers? I think developers are welcome to rebuttals on their scores given to their games, but I'm not sure I like the way this issue is panning out at the moment.

Does Edge have a review of Lair in this month's edition? I know its out on August 2nd I believe, was going to pop to the shops tomorrow to see if some foolhardy shopkeep has put them out early.
according to rumors they have and gave Lair a 9^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom