• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ELEAGUE Street Fighter V Invitational hosted by TBS

FluxWaveZ

Feel like Marn should've brought out his Mika to throw people off. Ibuki is too much of a risk reward character when he could've went full dumb.

You can't go full dumb with Mika anymore. That's why everyone dropped her. She requires more risk than Ibuki does (both characters have 950 health, one is a grappler with mediocre footsies and a bad oki game outside of the corner), and she needs methodical, deliberate pacing and footsies or you get blown up. It's not Season 1 anymore.

Coda

You can't go full dumb with Mika anymore. That's why everyone dropped her. She requires more risk than Ibuki does (both characters have 950 health, one is a grappler with mediocre footsies and a bad oki game outside of the corner), and she needs methodical, deliberate pacing and footsies or you get blown up. It's not Season 1 anymore.

I guess you're right if we're strictly talking about Marn's playstyle. Maybe I've been watching too much of Fuudo's Mika.

mbpm1

fRokNoz.jpg

I guess you're right if we're strictly talking about Marn's playstyle. Maybe I've been watching too much of Fuudo's Mika.

Fuudo doesn't have dumb either.

Dali

Yeaaaa that sounds really dumb lol. But at least they can get that salty runback
It's like divisions in football except at least there are games outside of their divisions during the regular season. Doesn't seem like we are getting any variety in the fights until the playoffs. Seems to kinda be luck of the draw what division you're in and if you get a gravy train like gooteks but i guess pools in tournaments work the same way as far as if you're lucky enough to be in a weak pool.

Baleoce

Just watching this back on Eleagues youtube channel. Production level is nice. Invitationals always seem to be a step up in this regard for the FGC. Last time I enjoyed one this much was probably the Red Bull Kumite tournament.

EDIT - Looking at the results as well, Punk tho... He's 18. Shiiiet. Give him a couple of years and he could be dominating.

And this thumbnail is killing me xD

h2x0afu.png

DKL

Just kill me, fam.

EDIT - Looking at the results as well, Punk tho... He's 18. Shiiiet. Give him a couple of years and he could be dominating.

He's my choice for Capcom Cup this year, actually.

His mental game is clearly developing too. There was one point where Momochi did that hadouken xx super hit confirm, but Punk answered back next round with fucking counterpoke super in order to tell Momochi that he ain't slick.

Also, I both loved and hated his match with Julio.

Shit gave me cancer.

This happening every day this week is the closest I'm ever going to come to March Madness.

Thank you, FGC. My boss is gone and I needed something to occupy my time post-lunch.

vypek

I'm not into fighting games that much and only casually played a few franchises but I love to watch chunks of these tournaments and check out these threads. Although there is a lot that I don't understand in thread, its still fun lol

Decided to follow eleagueTV on Twitch

Baleoce

I don't really get why Ricki stuck with Chun for this invitational knowing the defecit she'd be up against. She says she's going to change to Cammy over the course of the season. Surely the best point in the season to try that out against the best competition is in a non-capcom cup related invitational.

I don't really get why Ricki stuck with Chun for this invitational knowing the defecit she'd be up against. She says she's going to change to Cammy over the course of the season. Surely the best point in the season to try that out against the best competition is in a non-capcom cup related invitational.

Maybe she wants to put in a last-ditch buff plea to Capcom.

DKL

Sajam talking about legendary blowup from A3 or whatever lol

(I assume it was a blowup, but should recheck the tapes since that's pretty far back and I only experienced that era via youtube vids)

sibarraz

Banned
I have been out of loop with the fgc for a while, but when did UltraDavid and James Chen stopped being the official voice for capcom tournaments?

Lulubop

I have been out of loop with the fgc for a while, but when did UltraDavid and James Chen stopped being the official voice for capcom tournaments?

No they stopped being the only options.

Still, I'm surprised they're not here but this is a weekday thing and not a weekend thing

Jer

Not just evo, Sanford finally beat at like a local. It was a big deal

I think he got put into losers a few times in that run, but IIRC he won every tournament he entered from like B5 in 2001 until he finally lost to Sanford in 2005. But I'm old, so my memory might be a little off.

DKL

rkappa getting the shoutout. oh no

Also, I checked the tapes...

Valle and Daigo old as fuck now ;_;

Lulubop

I think he got put into losers a few times in that run, but IIRC he won every tournament he entered from like B5 in 2001 until he finally lost to Sanford in 2005. But I'm old, so my memory might be a little off.

Yea that sounds better

Top Bottom