• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ELEAGUE Street Fighter V Invitational hosted by TBS

I thought Lil Joe was the best of the best ... so who is the best currently in SFV. Don't know much about the scene, I just remember Infiltration shitting on everyone in Season 1.

Dahbomb

I thought Lil Joe was the best of the best ... so who is the best currently in SFV. Don't know much about the scene, I just remember Infiltration shitting on everyone in Season 1.
Best is KnuckleDu aka Capcom Cup champion.

LI Joe was never the best, be won one major and got a top 8 EVO finish but a lot of other players had done better than that.

Onemic

LI Joe is nowhere near the best of the best lol. That goes to Du currently

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder

KnuckleDu, Xiao Hai, Xian, Fuudo, Momochi, Tokido, Infiltration (though he's really starting to fall off) in no particular order.

At the moment I gotta go with Du but let's see how things shape up after S2.5 patch drops next month

Lulubop

KnuckleDu, Xiao Hai, Xian, Fuudo, Momochi, Tokido, Infiltration (though he's really starting to fall off) in no particular order.

Infil looking fraudulent and having a character crisis. Swap him for Smug or Punk

Smug just won SBSW with a lot of killers.

Wallach

I think the only two names in serious contention right now for "the best" are Nuckledu and Xian. It's a relatively noticeable step from those two.

LI Joe made top 8 last year at evo which was a massive feat due in part to how he doesn't usually place that high at huge majors like evo. Its arguable that at some point he was on of the best in the US but Im not so sure that's the case any more. People have improved drastically since then and he switched characters. Right now the best is a pretty contested spot, but the safe answer is Nuckledu since he won Capcom Cup.

LI Joe made top 8 last year at evo which was a massive feat due in part to how he doesn't usually place that high at huge majors like evo. Its arguable that at some point he was on of the best in the US but Im not so sure that's the case any more. People have improved drastically since then and he switched characters. Right now the best is a pretty contested spot, but the safe answer is Nuckledu since he won Capcom Cup.

I know nash got his legs cut off but I loved watching Joe play him.

Dahbomb

Plz don't jinx Du, I wanna see that coveted 7-0 by an American player!

Though USA has done really good thus far on the top end. The bottom end is bad for the US but that was expected with all those filler players.

So KnuckeDu seems to get the most votes, but he is a dirty Guile player. At least he uses Mika.
Want to see more Karin or some Vega, I remember there was a really good Vega player I saw in a torny, sad to not see him here.

fresquito

Joe is everywhere because he is american. Yukadon, a worldwide no-name, was third at EVO and nobody talks about him, lol.

So KnuckeDu seems to get the most votes, but he is a dirty Guile player. At least he uses Mika.
Want to see more Karin or some Vega, I remember there was a really good Vega player I saw in a torny, sad to not see him here.

Nemo played Vega through alot of season 1 then switched to Urien after he released. Right now there arent too many Vega around at that really high level. But the new balance patch is going to buff him tremendously so maybe we'll get some more Vega placing higher or people switching to him.

I'm attempting to learn Vega. It's different coming from Sim. Maybe Bison would be better, less footsy based.

Bison requires a ton of space control. He's fun, but his advantage comes from putting people in just the right spots moreso than most other characters.

And Ryan's fundies are so fucking solid.

Top Bottom