• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ELEAGUE Street Fighter V Invitational hosted by TBS

gBeqQxi.png

I love this... But I still feel so bad for all of them. Especially Ricki.

crash-14

What's the prize for winning the whole enchilada? And are the players paid a salary while there? What about transportation and accommodations? This thing is gonna last weeks. Probably cost prohibitive for the European and Asian players to go home between rounds. Just curious about how these players are paid for an invitational like this.

Justin tweeted that EL gave 100$ credit card to every player to spent in whatever they like

VariantX

Oh gootecks. You never had a chance.

So that people would impulse buy them. I know I did.

Makes sense given the relatively high price of the DLC. I'll probably buy it this fall when it rolls around again to fundraise for the next CPT pot. Of course thats assuming there's more stuff in it in addition to last year's stuff.

myco666

Makes sense given the relatively high price of the DLC. I'll probably buy it this fall when it rolls around again to fundraise for the next CPT pot. Of course thats assuming there's more stuff in it in addition to last year's stuff.

Really doubt that CPT bundle this year will have any contents of the last year bundle. There would be no reason for people like me to buy a new bundle if it had stuff I already own.

wildfire

Banned
It's only a week break but I wonder about this scheduling.

Every Friday till May 12th is 6 weeks but they have 4 groups. I wonder if they are going to do a placement ranking tournament in the last 2 weeks.

Are the shows for each friday being filmed now and just shown later, or are they flying people down for it every friday? The latter seems more likely but also seems like quite the investment.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Oh thanks. People on Twitch are saying there's not even any matches being played tonight? And it starts April 7th? Is that accurate?

Today is just recapping the past 4 days.

And some crap like 'who do you think is better Ken or Ryu?' segment. Though they showed parts from the Street Fighter 2 movie so that was ok

mbpm1

Seems strange to have a recap show on tv.

Not sure how interesting it would be to watch a review of something you have no clue of

jwhit28

Seems strange to have a recap show on tv.

Not sure how interesting it would be to watch a review of something you have no clue of

They considered pool play the preseason and the upcoming stuff the regular season. So it's more like a regular season preview.

Top Bottom