• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ELEAGUE Street Fighter V Invitational hosted by TBS

Syntsui

Easy as expected, let's not forget Daigo taught this scrub how to play. HE OWNS EITA EXISTENCE.

The other day match was just Daigo getting used to the character, now he is ready to take it all.

Daigo's guile is getting better. Still feels incredibly stiff compared to the other guile players. (Du, chrisg, isdd) and he's missing alot of st.MP cr.MP hitconfirms into flash kick but I like how he is progressing. And he's using things you don't see other guiles really use much like cr.LP anti air and incorporates st.HK as a counterpoke more in general.

Allforce

What's the significance of the thumbs up between players each game? Just a general confirmation that they're ready? I don't see them doing that in other fighting games that I can remember.

Syntsui

What's the significance of the thumbs up between players each game? Just a general confirmation that they're ready? I don't see them doing that in other fighting games that I can remember.

Only P1 can restart the match. Yup, this wasn't fixed until today.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder

Most fighting games require both players to chose to rematch or go to character select. In SFV only player 1 chooses so the thumbs up is to acknowledge that rematch is fine.

Nabs

GMIU0ak.gif

He didn't convert shit. He let Necalli get that bar on those ground pounds.

Disgusting.

Shame I'm gonna miss the rest of this but god damn that hurt

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
The thing with Justin is that he doesn't evolve with the games he plays. He learns games very very quickly which combined with his solid defensive style means he dominates early. But as the game evolves he stays the same and everyone passes him by.

We saw it in SF4, we saw it in Marvel 3 and we're seeing it now in SFV. Bank on this, Justin will be dominant for the first year of Marvel Infinite, but come year 2 he'll start losing just like he is now.

Edzi

Justin gonna lose that Echo Fox sponsorship at this rate.

Not really but goddamn. lol

Outside of his legacy, Justin doesn't have much. KBrad is always going to be sponsored regardless of his results because he's a well liked character, but JWong isn't particularly interesting when he's not doing well in tournaments.

Syntsui

The thing with Justin is that he doesn't evolve with the games he plays. He learns games very very quickly which combined with his solid defensive style means he dominates early. But as the game evolves he stays the same and everyone passes him by.

We saw in in SF4, we saw it in Marvel 3 and we're seeing it now in SFV. Bank on this, Justin will be dominant for the first year of Marvel Infinite, but come year 2 he'll start losing just like he is now.

He was pretty solid throughout Marvel though, won EVO really late too. By the time new guys made a name for themselves he was done with the game.

We saw in in SF4, we saw it in Marvel 3 and we're seeing it now in SFV. Bank on this, Justin will be dominant for the first year of Marvel Infinite, but come year 2 he'll start losing just like he is now.

Yeah dude needs to turn it up. And who knows how this new marvel will play. Can't wait for him to whine on Twitter.

Top Bottom