• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EMIO is a New Collaboration with Bloober Team and Nintendo

nial

It's not. A couple of clowns from reee made some vague assumptions and now its all over the web but there is 0 solid proof this is a blooper game.
No need to shit on them just because they're from ERA, they were pretty clear in the fact that it was simply pure speculation.

Last edited:

Power Pro

I really need a clear answer why people hate Bloober team so much. I haven't played their games, but you'd think they were makers of shitty microtransaction filled, or asset flip games with the negativity I always see about them.

Barakov

project-m-is-a-new-collaboration-between-nintendo-and-v0-hv1XPgWN24PrigO7DI8ppJ2iIapN2VsbJJkSONfeIVo.jpg

Source
If you thought the framerate in bloober games were bad before....
Angry Spongebob Squarepants GIF

GigaBowser

The bear of bad news
This still has a chance to be great, just depends on how hands-on Nintendo are with it. Nintendo can elevate a mid studio to a great one if they provide some decent hands-on through the creative & technical process. Although since this is seemingly a more mature horror-themed game, there's a chance they could be hands-off.

So I'm hopeful Nintendo are more involved in the game's process than, say, SIE have seemingly been with the Silent Hill 2 remake. Because that game looks pretty rough in places and not translating vital parts of the original game's atmosphere or ideology into the new iteration (IMO, based on what's been shown so far).
mercury steam annnnnd rare crud without nintendo

Sorcerer

It's strange that Bloober has jumped from one console to another for consecutive releases. The Medium, Xbox exclusivity for Gamepass. Silent Hill (Konami) for PS5. Now a game for Nintendo.
No one seems to want to retain their services for a second game. Unless Bloober thinks its somehow better to spread their work out on all 3 platforms. But it does make it hard for any fan of their games to access all the titles in one place. But they probably don't have a strong enough presence to matter if there catalog is so scattered, at least initialy.

Last edited:

Sorcerer

My initial thought was this could be The Joker from Persona 2: Eternal Punishment. I am hoping 1 and 2 and are getting remade. Oh well!!!

Last edited:

Astral Dog

They had External Darkness and several Fatal Frames as first party.
Also, multiple Resident Evil projects as exclusive for GC/Wii/3DS

The first idea for Emio was a succesor new ip to Fatal Frame since they already collaborated with FF4 on Wii U hope its not Bloober but we will see 🤭

Woopah

Also, multiple Resident Evil projects as exclusive for GC/Wii/3DS

The first idea for Emio was a succesor new ip to Fatal Frame since they already collaborated with FF4 on Wii U hope its not Bloober but we will see 🤭
True about RE but those were all third party.

Nintendo has lacked new IP recently, so this would be some good news.

Astral Dog

True about RE but those were all third party.

Nintendo has lacked new IP recently, so this would be some good news.
Yeah i just mean they were involved with the 💰 behind the scenes ,specially for the GC games they were killer

with everybody mentioning Eternal Darkness, that game was more like an action game with psychological horror elements, 'Emio' appears to be based on Japanese horror like Fatal Frame, as long as the gameplay is fun and not like certain developer, i think this teaser creates some expectations since its directly from Nintendo, needs to be more than a cheap filler game with 70 Metacritic

Last edited:

Woopah

Yeah i just mean they were involved with the 💰 behind the scenes ,specially for the GC games they were killer

with everybody mentioning Eternal Darkness, that game was more like an action game with psychological horror elements, 'Emio' appears to be based on Japanese horror like Fatal Frame, as long as the gameplay is fun and not like certain developer, i think this teaser creates some expectations since its directly from Nintendo, needs to be more than a cheap filler game with 70 Metacritic
It's certainly intriguing, but I wouldn't be surprised if this is a digital only gane shadow dropped in August. I could be wrong of course!

Top Bottom