• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Empire S2 |OT| A Game of Fuckery

I missed this shit!

I NEED A SUMMARY

basically:
CVROQy9WsAE45Im.jpg

Trey

Well that was stupid.

They really brought in Alicia Keys to be a 'is he gay for real tho' check. Such a waste.

This show.

just started the episode and lucious dorps in and sees sky and jamal all touch feely. him getting choked up and properly saying "are you hitting that?" lol

Chase17

I watched this on Hulu today and that ad appeared on it like any other. Took me a second to realize what was happening.

DAMNIT

I just realized this means we're going to have 4-5 more episodes of SAD ASS ANDRE when the show comes back.

Fuck.

All things considered, can you really blame him? poor boy just getting his life together then all this happens?!

Seriously,

Fuck Luscious for that "she fixed you?" bullshit
Fuck Hakeem because he's Hakeem and for doing the entire family dirty
Fuck Anika for all her bullshit this episode

March is too damn long to wait to get our fix. What are we gonna do? Rematch season one?

The writers ruined Anika. smfh
Just another victim of S2's mantra of fuckery over consistent characterization and compelling stories.

I don't even know who these characters are anymore.

What was the point of making Jamal the head of Empire again?

What precisely are the consequences of Cookie sleeping with a sleazy gangbanger (other than losing her "cookout"...whatever that means)?

Why is Lucious so obsessed with having an heir if his entire narrative so far seems to be ensuring his own legacy never be topped?

Why, if Empire is such a global megalith, did the show expect us to believe that some scrappy upstart led 50% by Hakeem is a legitimate threat that has Lucious so shook?

Why does anyone on Earth care about something called the American Sound Awards?

Fuckery isn't enough anymore. This show and "How To Get Away With Murder" reversed roles this year.

Wow.

"She fixed you."

Why am I surprised?

Why is Lucious so obsessed with having an heir if his entire narrative so far seems to be ensuring his own legacy never be topped?

Why, if Empire is such a global megalith, did the show expect us to believe that some scrappy upstart led 50% by Hakeem is a legitimate threat that has Lucious so shook?

I can explain these two.

He's obsessed with having an heir but still being in power because he knows he will not be around forever. It's about the business. It has nothing to do with family.

Dynasty is such a threat to Lucious because it is Hakeem, but not only that, is is Cookie. He knows that Cookie can spin gold. They both also pissed on him.

Lucious Lyon also is not the most stable person. I'm still unsure if he's undiagnosed bipolar or not.

Just another victim of S2's mantra of fuckery over consistent characterization and compelling stories.

I don't even know who these characters are anymore.

What was the point of making Jamal the head of Empire again?

What precisely are the consequences of Cookie sleeping with a sleazy gangbanger (other than losing her "cookout"...whatever that means)?

Why does anyone on Earth care about something called the American Sound Awards?

Fuckery isn't enough anymore. This show and "How To Get Away With Murder" reversed roles this year.

the shonda twist.

neshcom

Banned
Oh god, what an episode. Alicia Keys getting dragged to death sort of went nowhere, Porsche came back for long enough to say something funny, and Andre just gets typecast further and further into the crazy role. The fuckery of Hakeem with Camilla is on the line of being too far fucky, but it seems like just the right amount of chaos for the next part of the season. Things were definitely starting to get too easy for everyone.

The teaser for 2016 seems wild. It'll be a long damn wait for March 30.

DominoKid

dope fall finale
- chunky/preggo (?) alicia keys look so damn good
- I'm not mad at Hakeem. Luscious deserved that.
- it took me until almost the end of the episode to recognize Da Brat lmao. Lee Daniels getting our washed up stars a check.
- that commercial transition had me fucked up lmao.

DAMNIT

I just realized this means we're going to have 4-5 more episodes of SAD ASS ANDRE when the show comes back.

Fuck.

nah we're gonna get maybe 1 ep of SAD ASS ANDRE. then a few eps of
ElSMpZf.gif

until he kills Anika.

dope fall finale
- chunky/preggo (?) alicia keys look so damn good
- I'm not mad at Hakeem. Luscious deserved that.
- it took me until almost the end of the episode to recognize Da Brat lmao. Lee Daniels getting our washed up stars a check.
- that commercial transition had me fucked up lmao.

nah we're gonna get maybe 1 ep of SAD ASS ANDRE. then a few eps of
ElSMpZf.gif

until he kills Anika.

Holy fuck I didn't realize at all that was Da Brat. LOLOL

Chase17

I did a double take during the Luciois screws over Hakeem montage. I had forgotten half of that stuff had happened.

Was it ever made clear why the company went public? I can't remember besides something vague like "to take empire to the next level".

lmao Hakeem is such a fool for that one. I love how Cookie sensed what was happening and was like "Hakeem noooooooooooooooooooooooo"

I knew Anika was planning something shady but not to that damn extent god damn. I can't wait til Andre finds out. Alicia Keys is ridiculously fine in this show btw. Smh can't believe that clown swizz beats has her.

I'm predicting Rhonda dies, but for extra fuxxery and Lee Daniels' school of anvil symbolism, the baby will live as she goes into post-mortem labor like a corpse spontaneously evacuating its bowels.

JCX

Didn't think they could outdo the insanity of the season one finale, but this newest episode was insane.

Future

Most of this was set up pretty well. Jamal versus luscious was something played up the whole season, and now amped up by the fact luscious never actually won the award. Hakeem is constantly introduced to new information of luscious fucking him over. Everyone new luscious was gonna get fucked over by the lesbian, although Camilla involvement was a nice surprise and callback

Anikas insanity is all new though. Maybe because the show didn't have enough time to show her descent into madness. She seemed a worth adversary in season 1, but here she is reduced to being worthless. Why can't she get another job? Why does she suddenly love a potential stepson? Her actually loving Hakeem is pretty ridiculous... Even for this show

studyguy

I figured that girl would sorta roll down the stairs, nah.
She might as well have been shot out of a cannon with how hard she hit that wall...

wall-splat-o.gif

Wait is Alicia Keys coming back? Because that ending with Jamal was really anticlimactic, they ended it on a really vague note "yeah well I probably won't love you as much as a guy even though I have a crush on you, made love to you and had a wonderful time"...
I thought the theme of the episode was going to be labels didn't matter, but apparently it was that you should stick to the confines of your labels. :S

Plus they were really hot together.

Kozak

Banned
Taraji has this power over me where in every new photo or video, she looks sexier than before.

My thirst for bad bitches who don't need no man is off the charts.

Top Bottom