• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Empire S2 |OT| A Game of Fuckery

Has anyone tried purchasing from shop.fox.com? I want to buy the Empire mug as a gift for my mom but it's currently out of stock. I can back order it but I'm not sure how long it would take for them to re-stock the mug.

Wow, this show is a MESS.

MESSSSS.

It went from a legitimately good show to complete MESS.

Let's not mince words.

It was a good show up until the final three minutes of the pilot, in which it threw away all the actual storytelling for a cheap (but entertaining) stereotypical soap opera route.

Spend the entire episode talking about how blacks don't all go around shooting each other. End with with a black guy shooting another black guy.

Touchdown

Banned
I hear Mariah is going to save this season.

c076289c15.gif

I just binged this entire series over the past week and wow. Season 2 hit some pretty rough spots, but that last episode or two has me wanting to watch it when it comes back. Anika's character has been drug through the mud, though. Hopefully they just kill her off, because none of what she does makes any sense, even for this show. She's a completely different character compared to the 1st season. Jamal's character switched up a bit too, but at least there was some kind of story line progression that made it make sense (and in the middle of the season he basically went back to season 1 Jamal, anyways). Anika just went Andre crazy (and beyond?) for no reason at all.

I just binged this entire series over the past week and wow. Season 2 hit some pretty rough spots, but that last episode or two has me wanting to watch it when it comes back. Anika's character has been drug through the mud, though. Hopefully they just kill her off, because none of what she does makes any sense, even for this show. She's a completely different character compared to the 1st season. Jamal's character switched up a bit too, but at least there was some kind of story line progression that made it make sense (and in the middle of the season he basically went back to season 1 Jamal, anyways). Anika just went Andre crazy (and beyond?) for no reason at all.

They can't kill her off she's too hot to kill off. Hopefully they just write her character better for the 2nd half of the season or cleverly explain why she became a generic stalker psycho out of the blue.

She is really hot, so in that way it would be a loss, but I just feel they murdered her character beyond saving at this point.

I also want to point out how much better Hakeem's raps were in season 2. Having said that I still had "Drip Drop" stuck in my head for this past week. And "You're So Beautiful". How many episodes are there gonna be when it comes back? The first season was only 12, I'm assuming they've got more then just two more episodes when it comes back.

Top Bottom