• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Empire S2 |OT| A Game of Fuckery

Blackhead

Redarse
Yeah and apparently he didn't know how to use cutlery either.

giphy.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
this show is fucking unreal

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/empire-premiere-ratings-rosewood-1201601121/

empire-premiere-season-2-cookie.jpg

According to preliminary national estimates from Nielsen, “Empire” averaged a huge 6.5 rating/20 share in adults 18-49 and 16.0 million viewers overall — beating the ratings for all but the show’s final episode from last season. Its 9 p.m. episode on finale night in March averaged a 6.9/21 in 18-49 and 17.62 million total viewers (and its two-hour finale night average of 6.5 matched last night’s premiere).

The show had seen its overall audience grow with every episode during its first season, but that amazing streak came to an end on Wednesday.

Compared with last season’s premiere in January, “Empire” on Wednesday was up by 71% in 18-49 (6.5 vs. 3.8) and by 62% in total viewers (16.0 million vs. 9.9 million). This is the biggest improvement from season 1 premiere to season 2 premiere for any scripted series since Fox’s “House” in 2004 and 2005.

Can we talk about Hakeem on this Hoverboard for a second

screen-shot-2015-09-23-at-4-36-37-pm.png

This is the big triumph walk in, the season 2 premiere of Cookie's now infamous "crash the Empire board meeting" scene, where these four have schemed(and slept) their way to a hostile takeover of Empire. This is their moment.

And THIS nigga Hakeem decided to ride in on this.

This is the most Hakeem bit of characterization I've seen yet. Perfectly complimented by him stepping over all of Cookie's lines with his phony bravado and being hushed up by an older woman. He is all emotional immaturity, childish, spoiled rotten, and pitifully confused. I love him.

anita's booty bopping got me on another level (y)
hakeem's smacking jamal's ipad and then he going to tell his mom. i can't and jamal back with his BF? (y)

Frog-fu

Banned

This is the big triumph walk in, the season 2 premiere of Cookie's now infamous "crash the Empire board meeting" scene, where these four have schemed(and slept) their way to a hostile takeover of Empire. This is their moment.

This is the most Hakeem bit of characterization I've seen yet. Perfectly complimented by him stepping over all of Cookie's lines with his phony bravado and being hushed up by an older woman. He is all emotional immaturity, childish, spoiled rotten, and pitifully confused. I love him.

He deserves to be the king.

Tcab96

I have to admit, he's really growing on me. I'm surprised by how much he's growing on me.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free

That walk scene was so awesome...and Hakeem just lol... how come we dont have a gif of it yet ? Come on Empire-Gaf, i knoe we can do better than what we have so far.... xD

Matt_

the empire facebook page though.

some aren't loving the homosexual focus this episode and the writing isn't great. i mean what.

i mean facebook comments are trash so im not surprised
but like did they not pay attention to the gay storyline last season?
or is it just because this time it was a flamboyant gay

Laugh at the fuckery all you want, but you can't deny the show's stellar pacing and technical merits.

Are you kidding me? This first episode was a perfect example of how horrendously plotted out the show is. Random scenes that go nowhere and achieve nothing, plot lines begun and ended in the same episode, some in the same scene, characters being randomly established and then never mentioned again. This show is a complete train-wreck.

royalan

Are you kidding me? This first episode was a perfect example of how horrendously plotted out the show is. Random scenes that go nowhere and achieve nothing, plot line begun and ended in the same episode, some in the same scene, characters being randomly established and then never mentioned again. This show is a complete train-wreck.

Never mentioned again? It's episode 1.

Shonda Rimes is that you?

Are you kidding me? This first episode was a perfect example of how horrendously plotted out the show is. Random scenes that go nowhere and achieve nothing, plot line begun and ended in the same episode, some in the same scene, characters being randomly established and then never mentioned again. This show is a complete train-wreck.
Not every show has to be Mad Men. I like slow burns, but I also like narrative whiplash.

Obviously we'll have to wait and see how the rest of the season goes, but as far as establishing a relentless forward momentum that actually has some meaning, it's miles ahead of dreck like Shondaland and bested on network only by Jane the Virgin.

The only "horrendous" thing about the show is the acting by Jamal's simp boyfriend. Simply, truly, the worst.

Not every show has to be Mad Men. I like slow burns, but I also like narrative whiplash.

Obviously we'll have to wait and see how the rest of the season goes, but as far as establishing a relentless forward momentum that actually has some meaning, it's miles ahead of dreck like Shondaland and bested on network only by Jane the Virgin.

The only "horrendous" thing about the show is the acting by Jamal's simp boyfriend. Simply, truly, the worst.
Hell probably be gone again because he'll cheat with the ho

how you gonna have chris rock in your show and not have him crack one joke?!! I was so hyped for that guest appearance too smh

anyways empire as fuckery fueled as ever. glad I got some of that booty pop too..phew.

and marisa tomei fits in this like a glove.

Top Bottom