• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EPA Chief incorrectly claims carbon dioxide not primary contributor to global warming

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDreamer

Earth is fucked.
EPA Administrator Scott Pruitt said on Thursday he aims to reduce regulatory uncertainty for industry and will put out an announcement on fuel efficiency standards "very soon," saying a review of the standards was pushed through too quickly.

In an interview with CNBC, Pruitt also said he did not agree that carbon dioxide was the primary contributor to global warming and that the landmark Paris climate accords were a "bad deal" and should have gone through Congress as a treaty.

andthebeatgoeson

Luckily, the price for solar is dropping. Gotta love that free market.

Fuck coal. Fuck oil. I hope every oil baron turns penniless before i die.

Wilsongt

Technically, water vapor is higher than CO2 as a greenhouse gas, but CO2 is still a main driver of global climate change.

Just because you don't believe something, doesn't mean it isn't true, you idiot.

mike6467

Hey guys! We're about to subsidize the FUCK out of coal. Black lung and massive pollution for the entire rust belt!

Between this and Trumpcare (well, they're entire platform really), sometimes I wonder if the Republicans legitimately see themselves as the world's population control.

It's amazing how quickly things can turn to shit. Voter apathy, cynicism, and ignorance is always the reason that the greedy, power-hungry, and inept get their hands on the wheel.

Alright Ignore it's effect on climate if you want, but you can't ignore the fact that it is harmful to people. Like take a before and after picture of California, or just look at the current smog issues in China.

kswiston

Who loses more Electoral college votes in our future America?

01-ice-melt-north-america.adapt.768.1.jpg

Breads

Banned
Bullets don't kill people. People do. We should cut back on regulatory uncertainty caused by gun control and give everyone from the ages 6 and up Ar15s. It will increase jobs, boost the economy, and keep everyone safe!

Well, actually as dems migrate inward to red states you'll start to see the map flip...

Indeed. Well, that's the Republican M.O. for you, never thinking of the long term.

The 3 million+ that helped Hillary win the popular vote dispersed throughout the nation? Bad times ahead for the GOP no matter how much gerryfuckering they do.

He'll be in a tough position though as previous SC rulings lend me to think states could sue saying emissions from other states are "harmful" (which the SC already agreed with) and force the EPA to follow the clean air act.

They could reduce it and delay it, but reversing it seems unlikely unless congress overturns the clean air act completely. And even that may be litigated.

Don't forget this is the guy that received statements from oil companies and just put them on his letterhead and sent to Washington as if he wrote them.

Shadybiz

Looking forward to my house in western NJ becoming beachfront property by the time I retire. I'll need a dip in the ocean to cool off in that 120 degree weather.

RDreamer

State department has gone almost completely silent and has been gutted of decades of institutional knowledge. EPA chief doesn't believe in climate science. HUD is getting a massive cut. The HHS secretary just said “Medicaid is a program that by and large has decreased the ability for folks to gain access to care.”

This is going to take a lot to clean up when Trump's done....

Flux

State department has gone almost completely silent and has been gutted of decades of institutional knowledge. EPA chief doesn't believe in climate science. HUD is getting a massive cut. The HHS secretary just said “Medicaid is a program that by and large has decreased the ability for folks to gain access to care.”

This is going to take a lot to clean up when Trump's done....
What's the political or government level equivalent of mashing Ctrl Z?

RDreamer

What's the political or government level equivalent of mashing Ctrl Z?

Not to engage some liberals here, but we need someone like Hillary or possibly Biden to clean this shit up. I just don't see how we can get in some firebrand with lower experience to try and put back together our entire federal government. We're going to need someone that will know how this shit is supposed to work.

It's basically impossible to fathom the amount of damage oil companies did to the human race when they decided to wage a disinformation campaign on climate change.

Steejee

Absolutely crazy, off the wall guess here, but I would guess that Pruitt does know what he's saying is BS, he just doesn't care.

Bluenoser

I can only assume he thinks methane is the primary contributor /s

The moment Clinton conceded the election, we knew this was coming. I was only a matter of time.

Not surprising in the least. He's a fucking climate change denier.

And yea most liberal cities are going to be flooded out so yeah even if sea levels rise, inland Republicans are still "safe"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom