• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EQ2 is having a classic server event

Started on June 19th with the base game 2006 experience. Expansions will be incrementally added after a few months, but right now, it's still vanilla.

I've never played EQ2 before, but I am playing during this event period, and it's awesome. Slow experience gain, heavily group-focused, non-instanced content. Very old school. There are tons of people playing right now, too.

Just wanted to give a shout out for anyone else that's looking for a classic MMO experience. Unfortunately there's no /pizza command this time around.

Ozzie666

Launch was pretty rough for the first months, especially compared to what WOW was offering. EQ2 eventually found it's stride though. The music is still phenominal and hunting for shiny collections is still addctive as hell.

Last edited:
Been playing for about a week and it's been great. Population is super high, zones are always contested with players, and plenty of newbies are looking to group. There's no XP pots or cash shop items to make the experience any easier, which has been amazing.

If anyone's ever been interested in how older MMOs played, but never had the chance, I'd highly recommend checking this server out. It's like getting the opportunity to go back in time and experience things the way that they were, which is a precious commodity imo.

My old-school MMO was FFXI, and with FFXI being an EQ1 clone, I'm seeing a lot of similarities.

Top Bottom