• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ESPN football stats engine seems much better - pics

shantyman

WHO DEY!?
espnnfl2005xbox317.jpg

espnnfl2005xbox319.jpg

DMczaf

I could care less about that, I hope they fix the -349832948 yard sack stat bug that has been in the game since 1999. How does the same bug stay in the game this long?! Come on VC!

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
DMczaf said:
I could care less about that, I hope they fix the -349832948 yard sack stat bug that has been in the game since 1999. How does the same bug stay in the game this long?! Come on VC!

you mean how sack yards count against a QB's rushing yards?

DMczaf

levious said:
you mean how sack yards count against a QB's rushing yards?

I mean the sack yards, defensive players had a stat for total sack yards and once in a while it would mess up and give a player -329482934 yards for like 2 sacks. Weird.

levious

ah, well did they ever fix what I mentioned? Having the sack yards count against the passing yards rather than the rushing total? I didn't play 2k4.

BojTrek

Banned
Maybe the defensive guy picked up the QB and ran him out of the stadium, to the airport, threw him on a plane, got off the plane and finally put the QB down in Australia... traveling over 15,000,000 miles because the plane went around the world 400 times...

DMczaf

levious said:
ah, well did they ever fix what I mentioned? Having the sack yards count against the passing yards rather than the rushing total? I didn't play 2k4.

I think that was still in the game.

Maybe the defensive guy picked up the QB and ran him out of the stadium, to the airport, threw him on a plane, got off the plane and finally put the QB down in Australia... traveling over 15,000,000 miles because the plane went around the world 400 times...

LOL

levious

what are some of the biggest stats/rules errors in this and madden. I don't neccessarily mean glitches, but things that are just wrong compared to real football. Does any version let the opposing team field a short field goal attempt and run it back yet. Stupid mistakes like these are comical... especially when VC used to boast about attention to detail, "we've got a guy on staff who's done nothing the past year but study film of passes to the flat."

BojTrek said:

Hmmm...but after you went around the world wouldn't you be back at 0 yards, since you would be back where you started? The only way the high negative yardage would work is if the defensive guy picked up the QB and ran him out of the stadium to a space shuttle launch and flew about 1/7 of the way to the sun.

DMczaf

Another problem in ESPN last year was that you could almost challenge every play. In the NFL, you could only challenge a ball spotting call if it was close to a 1st down, in ESPN you could challenge ANY ball spotting call. So if on 3rd and 12 you throw a 7 yard pass and you think it was 9 yards, you can challenge. Weird.

levious said:
Does any version let the opposing team field a short field goal attempt and run it back yet.

You have been able to run back short fieldgoals for as long as I can remember. In previous 2K/ESPNs you just had to select the punt return formation on fieldgoal attempts.

Edit:
espnnfl2005xbox317.jpg

Yeeeeeeeeeah.

levious

Cerebral Palsy said:
You have been able to run back short fieldgoals for as long as I can remember. In previous 2K/ESPNs you just had to select the punt return formation on fieldgoal attempts.

but to do so you have to be in a certain formation?

Drek

Looks cool to me, hopefully it'll be $20 well spent. Suppose I should order it tonight. Anyone know of a online retailer offering overnighting on ESPN 2k5?

Meier

Thank god they fixed the tackles 'bug' -- that was the most flagrant one IMO (dozens of players at 175 tackles and beyond, etc.).

Top Bottom