• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ESPN redux

DCX

DCX
espn-nba-2k5-20040830003251437.jpg

espn-nba-2k5-20040830003249499.jpg

espnnba2k5_082504_BigBen03.jpg

espnnba2k5_082504_BigBen02.jpg

espnnba2k5_082504_BigBen01.jpg

espnnba2k5_082504_JChill01.jpg

espnnba2k5_082504_JChill02.jpg

espnnba2k5_082504_DFish01.jpg

nba2k5_fff1_001.jpg

nba2k5_fff1_003.jpg

nba2k5_fff1_004.jpg

nba2k5_fff1_006.jpg

nba2k5_fff1_005.jpg

nba2k5_fff1_007.jpg

Features

The Next Movement

A new momentum based gameplay system that gives gamers a complete difference in control between various types of players. Now a player’s ability and physical makeup will determine how fast they can run up the court on a fast break, how well they can cut to the basket off their opponent, and more, creating a new level of realism and natural team movement.

Visual/Graphical Supremacy

Graphical realism has never come this close with new lighting effects, hyper-realistic court reflections, self-shadowing on the players, and the most lifelike player faces and expressions - gamers will think they’re sitting on the courtside seats!

Reactive Court Sense

Pioneering a new standard in artificial intelligence, computer-controlled players now have the ability to decide independently how they can best help their team and realistically react based on each human players’ actions. CPU players determine the best way they can help win in accordance with each team’s philosophy and distinct play sets.

IsoMotion2

Beyond the Next Movement, IsoMotion2 improves upon the exciting dribble system of last year. Deftly perform spins, crossovers, and fakes outside the perimeter and now, in the post. Use enhanced IsoMotion2 on the defensive side to contain overaggressive ball-handlers and force turnovers.

24/7

One of the most innovative features in sports games gets twice as big with over 100 new items, new timed mini games, and multi-player games. New respect level determines which player will answer your call for 24/7 games.

Presented by ESPN

New press camera angles, follow cams, and stat overlays all in the style of the worldwide leader in sports. The captivating Michelle Tafoya reports from sidelines while Hall of Fame legend Bill Walton dissects the action.

Play Online

24/7 multi-player, real-time stats, buddy lists, and friend connection updates, all add to our seamless online play for the ultimate community experience

Looking alot better, like i knew it would :)

DCX

Andy787

Banned
Holy penis, looking way better. This is a definite purchase for me, haven't picked up a basketball game in a while, loved the series on the Dreamcast.

DCX

DCX
Where are the haters who said the game is falling off? The NBA Live drones where are yee now?!?!!?

DCX

EekTheKat

damn ESPN and their 20 dollar price point. Going to be hard to resist picking this one up..... Live has already sold me on the dunk/3 point contests again but this one looks too pretty to pass up.

DMczaf

DCX said:
Where are the haters who said the game is falling off? The NBA Live drones where are yee now?!?!!?

DCX

Sorry what? We NBA2K fans from years ago are still trying to wash the dirt off our body

236859.jpg

Still not clean, NOT CLEAN! NOT CLLEEEEEAAAAN!

DMczaf

When I pay $50 for shit on a DVD disc, you damn straight I will hold a grudge...

Sometimes late at night, I remember that this game is STILL out there...

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Fifty

The Next Movement

A new momentum based gameplay system that gives gamers a complete difference in control between various types of players. Now a player’s ability and physical makeup will determine how fast they can run up the court on a fast break, how well they can cut to the basket off their opponent, and more, creating a new level of realism and natural team movement.

Whoa! Cool! A speed rating. You mean to say that Shaq won't be able to run like Kobe?!?!

Robert Traylor won't be beating AI down the court?

Cloudy

Banned
It's the best news for ME cos I love playing MANUAL D. Auto defensive stance w/o a button like last year = YUCK!!!

Anyone who thinks this game won't own all is DELIRIOUS :D

shpankey

not an idiot
It does look much better, but call me when they fix the fucked up gameplay that's been paramount in the last few versions.

Heezzi

Banned
Here's one of the screens from 3months ago
espn-nba-2005-20040512072459659.jpg

These new ones blow it out the water.

YOu can really see the jump from PS2 to Xbox programing.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
Why on Earth did they release those ugly screens last month? Looks much more polished...literally.

Necks still seem...off.

DCX

DCX
Matlock said:
Why is there a visible wireframe in Ben's hair?
It's funny because i was going to mention that :p I knew someone would have noticed...it's Sega/VC's new Blast Fro-Processing...it's going to be in all games that require fro's...think The Renderware of fro's.

DCX

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Do you think next generation or ever we will get rid of the "dead eyes" look?

DCX

DCX
DarienA said:
Do you think next generation or ever we will get rid of the "dead eyes" look?
Probably not, i can see devs just enhancing everything else before eyes...i do believe a person's soul resides in your eyes, until they work on that...videogame characters will always look lifeless...

DCX

DCX

DCX
impirius said:
NBA hairnet rules go into effect starting in 2004-05

HTH
It's interesting because Ben is the only player with BFP, Childress also having a fro' does not, I'm assuming that Ben's moves and waves realistically and Childress is just static.

DCX

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
DCX said:
while Hall of Fame legend Bill Walton dissects the action.

Holy shit......god no.......not even $20 could save this now.....

Seriously, he is the biggest fuckmo ever.

DCX

DCX
Sp3eD said:
Holy shit......god no.......not even $20 could save this now.....

Seriously, he is the biggest fuckmo ever.
He's funny to listen to though...just some things he says.

DCX

Takuan

Glad to see they finally gave J-Rich some hair. In all previous versions he was spear bald. These shots look quite a bit better than the early ones... I think I'll have to buy the Xbox version now when it comes out in October, assuming it still comes with the 2-month Live trial. Hopefully I can play with my modded Xbox, I remember reading somewhere that MS figured out how to test if you've got a chip installed.

Top Bottom