• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[EU]PSN Halloween sale - 200+ spooky items incl. RE, DMC, Until Dawn & more!!!

Just an FYI that a lot of us didn't really like The Following. It almost entirely scraps the best part of the main game (the parkour) and replaces it with a dune buggy which seems like it should be fun, but actually turns out to be a lot of busywork and results in lots of long drives from A to B in a vehicle that feels like it's made from balsa wood. Honestly, not trying to put you off, but look up stuff on The Following before you bite, IMO.

Thanks for the heads up. Was thinking of buying the DLC but this makes me anxious. Might just save the 12 for something else.

Tuffty

Just an FYI that a lot of us didn't really like The Following. It almost entirely scraps the best part of the main game (the parkour) and replaces it with a dune buggy which seems like it should be fun, but actually turns out to be a lot of busywork and results in lots of long drives from A to B in a vehicle that feels like it's made from balsa wood. Honestly, not trying to put you off, but look up stuff on The Following before you bite, IMO.

Interesting, thanks for the heads up. But let's say I exclude The Following, would you still recommend the base game at that price?

Interesting, thanks for the heads up. But let's say I exclude The Following, would you still recommend the base game at that price?

I know this question isn't directed to me but I can tell you this;

I played Dying Light all the way towards the end and even doing side stuff.

It is an absolute blast to play. The parkour is even better than how Mirror's Edge does it and the combat is very rewarding. You will not be disappointed, especially not for that price.

Bikram

So folks, which one is better?
castlevania dracula x chronicles or the psone classic symphony of the night? Which version of SoTN is better on Vita?

yyr

Time to make a European account so I can buy the standalone Deadstorm Pirates. At $5, I can't say no.

castlevania dracula x chronicles or the psone classic symphony of the night? Which version of SoTN is better on Vita?

Dracula X Chronicles includes both the original PC-Engine CD Rondo of Blood, plus a remake, plus SotN. However, SotN has been re-translated and re-dubbed, so if you want the *exact* same version that you played on PS1, you will want the PS1 classic. Also, both the original Rondo of Blood and SotN must be unlocked in the Rondo remake before they can be played. It's not particularly difficult, but you can't play them out of the box.

Intel_89

Dracula X Chronicles has both Symphony of the Night and the original Rondo of Blood, I think the emulation is pretty much the same.

Bikram

Time to make a European account so I can buy the standalone Deadstorm Pirates. At $5, I can't say no.

Dracula X Chronicles includes both the original PC-Engine CD Rondo of Blood, plus a remake, plus SotN. However, SotN has been re-translated and re-dubbed, so if you want the *exact* same version that you played on PS1, you will want the PS1 classic. Also, both the original Rondo of Blood and SotN must be unlocked in the Rondo remake before they can be played. It's not particularly difficult, but you can't play them out of the box.

Dracula X Chronicles has both Symphony of the Night and the original Rondo of Blood, I think the emulation is pretty much the same.

I think the PS1 classic is 50hz, so the other one by far.

Thanks guys. Will pull the trigger on the psp game

Osahi

Torn on Divinity. Wanted it for a long time, but I kno it'll just go on the backlog, which is allready growing. Thanks Octobama!

shandy706

Vita wise, what would you guys consider must haves? Pick 3 I suppose.

Bold = Initial interest.

Alien Breed
Alone With You
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles

Demon Gaze
Letter Quest Remastered
METAL SLUG 3
Rogue Legacy

Kinyou

Hmm Evil Within is really tempting, but I've also heard so many people say bad stuff about it...

What's the dlc like, would that also be worth getting?

shandy706

How are
RE6
Metro
Wolfenstein The Last Order
Claire

Bold = Initial interest.

Alien Breed
Alone With You

Demon Gaze
Letter Quest Remastered
METAL SLUG 3
Rogue Legacy

I've never heard of Lifeless Planet and it looks intriguing on the store - what's it like guys?

Hmm Evil Within is really tempting, but I've also heard so many people say bad stuff about it...

Alright, where is eveyrone?....LOL

We all have questions, and apparently no one here plays any Sony video games suddenly!

X-D

The Last Order and Metro are good. Evil Within is worth a sale price I'd say, and is pretty graphic/grisly. At least I'm helping..lol.

Everyone should buy Alone With You. Fantastic adventure game, more than worth that price. And for the trophy hunters, each version has its own plat and it's cross-buy. Two plats!

For me, I think I might grab The Bunker. I'm tempted by RE Revelations 2 as well but I'm not going to have the time to play it any time soon anyway, so may as well wait.

shmoglish

It doesn't seem to make a difference, unfortunately. Both credit card and Paypal seem to have a $10 minimum. Ah well, not a big deal; these days I can probably find a physical copy for not much more.
Hm I was sure it only adds the difference to your account when you checkout.

Tektonic

Walking dead season 2 season pass VITA is 8$ AUD (same psn zone as euro). Since I'm new to psn and VITA, do I have to buy episode 1 and season pass, or just season pass? (That way I can get both seasons of TWD for ~15$)

Bold = Initial interest.

Alien Breed
Alone With You

Demon Gaze
Letter Quest Remastered
METAL SLUG 3
Rogue Legacy

Worth noting for those unaware that the full Sotn is an unlockable in DXChronicles.

Walking dead season 2 season pass VITA is 8$ AUD (same psn zone as euro). Since I'm new to psn and VITA, do I have to buy episode 1 and season pass, or just season pass? (That way I can get both seasons of TWD for ~15$)

You should just need the season pass.

Be prepared for a shocking framerate on Vita though, Telltale's engine is horrendous.

morpix

Thanks for the heads up OP. Just grabbed Murdered: Soul Suspect, DMC4, DMC Definitive, Darksiders 2 and Shadow of Mordor (Deal of the Week).
All for the price of 1 new release retail game.

Thanks for the heads up. Was thinking of buying the DLC but this makes me anxious. Might just save the 12 for something else.

I'd recommend having a look at the OT for some other opinions, but honestly I was very excited for The Following and I just found the finished product to be a drag and contrary to what worked so well in the main game.

Yes, Dying Light vanilla is superb and Techland have supported it really well with tons of free additions, patches and rebalancing. £20 for the whole deal is a good price, even though I was very disappointed in The Following.

Stillmatic

If you haven't played Dying Light though it is definitely worth it. I haven't played The Following, but seriously, take the plunge for the main game anyway.

Juno

LIAR and a FELON
Oh hell yeah!

Been holding out for sub-£20 Until Dawn and finally can get it for the lovely sum of £17! Kinda wanted to get a physical copy but never seen it at that cost...

Probably gonna take a look at Fahrenheit and Forbidden Siren at those prices!

timewyrm

Oh hell yeah!

Been holding out for sub-£20 Until Dawn and finally can get it for the lovely sum of £17! Kinda wanted to get a physical copy but never seen it at that cost...

If you haven't bought it yet, you can technically get it for ~ £15.20, if you get a £15 code from CDKeys.

I'm still holding out for a US psn Halloween sale.

Jingo

No salt and sanctuary again, not even one sale since it was released, i think the vita release is holding on this.

Bold = Initial interest.

Alien Breed
Alone With You

Demon Gaze
Letter Quest Remastered
METAL SLUG 3
Rogue Legacy

Rogue legacy is a must on vita, my best experience this year!

Unfortunately If I remember right metal slug has alot of slowdowns on vita

How are
RE6
Metro
Claire

I found RE6 pretty solid. If you played and liked RE4/5 it might be worth a go. The campaign is rough at times but Mercenaries is absolutely amazing. Make sure you do some research into the gameplay system because the game does a trash job of explaining things to the player.

Metro 2033 and Last Light are both fantastic. 2033 is a bit clunky at times but they're both worth a playthrough I'd say. They're a bit more stealth focused so if you aren't into that kind of thing, beware.

Claire is a really nice 2D horror title. I'm not sure if you ever played Lone Survivor: Director's Cut through PS+ in the past but it's kinda similar to that one.

Bishop89

*UPDATE*

Re4 (ps4) wasn't showing a discount yesterday but just checked and its 20% off for those who are interested.

Darksiders 2 (ps4) too I believe.

myco666

How are
RE6
Metro
Claire

RE6 has really good combat mechanics but then campaign is all over the place. It feels like it is missing the focus. Overall still enjoyable especially if you get someone to play it in coop.

Wolfenstein is fantastic. Gunplay feels great and the story was surprisingly good.

TEW is really good but it really seems like one of those love or hate games. DLC is pretty much entirely stealth with only couple of section where you use a gun and those sections are way worse than anything in the main game. Still a good pick if you are interested in the story and world of TEW or like 'stealth' horror.

Hmm might pick up TEW DLC for PS4.

Does Alien Isolation have flashlight resource management (having to find batteries constantly)?

How dead is Umbrella Corps?

Anybody?

Tuffty

If you haven't played Dying Light though it is definitely worth it. I haven't played The Following, but seriously, take the plunge for the main game anyway.

Yes, Dying Light vanilla is superb and Techland have supported it really well with tons of free additions, patches and rebalancing. £20 for the whole deal is a good price, even though I was very disappointed in The Following.

Many thanks guys, I'll get on it.

Everyone should buy Alone With You. Fantastic adventure game, more than worth that price. And for the trophy hunters, each version has its own plat and it's cross-buy. Two plats!.

Reading up about it and it sounds really interesting, particularly when a few reviews mention the SOMA vibes. Will give it a look too, thank you!

black070

Picked up Murdererd Soul Suspect for £3.99, going in blind and pleasantly surprised at what the game actually entails - the production values are far higher then I was expecting.

Tizoc

The former is 3 games in one and has Norio Wakamoto as Dracula in SotN. Also make sure to use that thing called 'Options' in all the menus to find the best resolution option to play SotN.

PSOne SotN has the cheesy Eng. dub otherwise and should be the US 60 Hz ver.
BTW, if you want to unlock the games in the PSP ver. fast just use this-
http://www.gamefaqs.com/psp/938141-castlevania-the-dracula-x-chronicles/saves

Jimrpg

I just picked up Yakuza: Dead Souls and Castlevania Dracula X.

I can't believe I'm still playing PS3 (playing Yakuza 5 at the moment) and haven't really touched my PS4.... in 2016.

I still have Tales of Xillia, Catherine, Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen plus 3 Fatal Frame games to go on my PS3.

Bold = Initial interest.

Alien Breed
Alone With You

Demon Gaze
Letter Quest Remastered
METAL SLUG 3
Rogue Legacy

Castlevania: Dracula X is probably the only must have for me on that list. You can play SOTN from Dracula X, but you have to unlock it a few levels into the game.

I'm interested in Demon Gaze, but might pick it up next time.

GeeTeeCee

*UPDATE*

Re4 (ps4) wasn't showing a discount yesterday but just checked and its 20% off for those who are interested.

Darksiders 2 (ps4) too I believe.

Fallout 4 Season Pass has also gone on sale now (from £40 to £24.99). I don't see why Sony had some of those items sitting on the store page yesterday without actually applying the sale prices to them. It probably caught a few people out and got them to pay extra.

Jimrpg

The former is 3 games in one and has Norio Wakamoto as Dracula in SotN. Also make sure to use that thing called 'Options' in all the menus to find the best resolution option to play SotN.

PSOne SotN has the cheesy Eng. dub otherwise and should be the US 60 Hz ver.
BTW, if you want to unlock the games in the PSP ver. fast just use this-
http://www.gamefaqs.com/psp/938141-castlevania-the-dracula-x-chronicles/saves

How do I get the save file across? PC to Vita? Save the file on a usb stick and then use PS3 to Vita?

Tizoc

How do I get the save file across? PC to Vita? Save the file on a usb stick and then use PS3 to Vita?

Way I did it was connect my Vita to the PC and just copy the save file data using Content Manager, here's a guide on how to transfer Save data files-
http://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/52313/how-can-i-move-my-psp-game-saves-onto-my-ps-vita

One easier method is to make a save data for DCX, then when yopu connect to your PC search for it via Content Manager and when you find the right folder just replace the save data.

Top Bottom