• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2016 |OT| Take a bow sson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too bad it was obvious Italy would win. No way destiny is passing up a chance for a Germany vs. Italy match. Now we just need to hope the Italian defenders are forced to act more aggressively and all get yellows again :p

Brinbe

Italy doing a fantastic job of playing their game. Spain can't get into it at all so far. Folding when put under pressure and forced to defend when they're not sopping up all the possession as usual.

Too bad it was obvious Italy would win. No way destiny is passing up a chance for a Germany vs. Italy match. Now we just need to hope the Italian defenders are forced to act more aggressively and all get yellows again :p
History aside, it didn't see anything from Italy so far that we couldn't handle. It there ever was a chance we could break the curse, it's this Euro.

comedian

Ball is slippy, kicked hard and wasn't far enough in the corner so that he could push it away. I can't see how anyone can blame De Gea (maybe for a shit wall). Spanish players need to be more aware and clear the rebound.

Brinbe

Absolutely dominating first half. Spain with zero inspiration or ideas on how to solve that Italian defense. They constantly get into the final third and do nothing. They need someone to step up

Unconfirmed Member
Can't believe anyone thinks De Gea is a bad keeper. He's just not used to playing with a competent defence.

Spain's goalie has playing very well today. We would have had another goal or two were it not for him.

I'm not calming down just yet. Spain can still come back from this.

Mimosa97

That's not catenaccio, that's amazing defending. It's a pleasure to watch how they're put on the field actually.

What catenaccio? Italy is missing so many opportunities.

Yeah I'm prob using the term too loosely but when I say that it's depressing to watch I don't mean that it's boring or anything. I mean it's depressing to watch as someone whose team might end up playing Italy in the semi-finals. Catenaccio or not, the italian defense looks unbeatable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom