• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2016 |OT2| Portugal eurowns France + Moths to become champions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

la_briola

1261093.gif

perfection

Lol 2020 is going to have 24 again and 2024 they are very likely to up it to 32 like WC.
32 at least makes the group stage had an edge.

Or one idea I read for 24 teams is to let best 4 1st place teams have a bye to Quarter Finals and rest of teams 1st and 2nd have to play extra round.

The current 4/6 3rd placed bullshit needs to go.

Mimosa97

In fact, it's a good thing that we lost. What kind of message would we have sent to the kids watching if someone like Giroud had lifted the trophy ?

" Hey kids. You don't need to run during practice. Just have nice hair, nice teeth and suck Arsene's dick and you can make it too "

John Dunbar

correct about everything
portugal's results from the last five euros:

semi
final
quarter
semi
winner

i guess it was just a matter of time they would snag one.

Jisgsaw

No, that's the bookmakers rule.
Official rule is that extra time count as a win/loss, but not penalties.

Just checked, you actually get 2 points for a win at penalties, compared to 1 for the losing side at penalties, and the 3 points you win for a "regular" win.

I always found that it rather made sense to watch the result after 90 minutes, as that is the normal playtime.
For booking it absolutely makes sense, as you bet on a regular game time, not extended.
Well, whatever I guess.

Deschamps must hate portugal lol. Lost a champions league final and a eurofinal to portugal.

People dont really know the context of this pt team and some stuff said about them is really unfair. Congrats boys.

Toxi

Banned
Complete joke like this tournament. Go back to 16 teams.
Not happening. This particular Euro was terrible thanks to how the group stage played out, but the format could have easily been better if we didn't end up with Italy, France, Germany, and Spain eating each other on one side of the bracket while Portugal plays Wales in the semis.

In fact, it's a good thing that we lost. What kind of message would we have sent to the kids watching if someone like Giroud had lifted the trophy ?

" Hey kids. You don't need to run during practice. Just have nice hair, nice teeth and suck Arsene's dick and you can make it too "

Good god, you can't help yourself, can't you ?! 😂😂😂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom