• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2016 |OT2| Portugal eurowns France + Moths to become champions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lifting the trophy. Two players usually take one side each and lift together. Bit too me me me from him there.

Chile-win-the-Copa-America-Centenario-final.jpg

spain2012reuters_3524403b-large_trans++pJliwavx4coWFCaEkEsb3kvxIt-lGGWCWqwLa_RXJU8.jpg

_76239690_germanytrophylift.jpg

While I can understand why some people might not like Ronaldo. That's just simply not true

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
I'm glad Hal Robson-Kanu's goal against Belgium won BBC goal of the tournament.

Well, this tournament broke many curses. I for one still don't accept Germany EVER beating us. Zaza butchered it for us so that doesn't count for me as a fan. Other than that.... it was a pretty crap tournament. I'm happy for Portugal I guess because it is the first time they ever win something so congrats guys. However, if it was an Italy- Port final, we would have won it. No question about it.

Jisgsaw

There are 55 UEFA teams.

Including the fearsome Gilbraltar, San Marino and Faröe Islands, just to name a few.

32 at least makes the group stage had an edge.

Or one idea I read for 24 teams is to let best 4 1st place teams have a bye to Quarter Finals and rest of teams 1st and 2nd have to play extra round.

The current 4/6 3rd placed bullshit needs to go.

That actually sound not that bad.

Ennosuke

Well, this tournament broke many curses. I for one still don't accept Germany EVER beating us. Zaza butchered it for us so that doesn't count for me as a fan. Other than that.... it was a pretty crap tournament. I'm happy for Portugal I guess because it is the first time they ever win something so congrats guys. However, if it was an Italy- Port final, we would have won it. No question about it.

We beat you. Deal with it.

Croyles

did you feel the need to post this about all the other portuguese players who were celebrating but didn't play? this is about the entire tournament, and at least ronaldo was on the pitch.

Tbf, you of all people have no right to criticise unnecessary comments. But yeah, that was a dumb question lol

slash3584

Especially Guerreiro, unsung hero of the Portuguese team.

I fear having Ronaldo on the team will make almost every other player an unsung hero, even if the star didn't perfom so great in this tournament.

Pepe, Rui Patricio, Fernando Santos and of course Eder should have bronze statues built tomorrow morning in Lisboa.

Go_Ly_Dow

Messi loses a final, retires from International football and gets a 21 month suspended prison sentence.

Ronaldo wins the champions league and the Euros.

What a time to be ballon d'or.

Congratulations to Portugal and Ronaldo!
It's interesting that the champion of Euro 2016 was the third team of its group and only won 1 game in 90 minutes, against Wales without Ramsey.

Jisgsaw

London will host the final and the semi-finals. All other matches are played across Europe. Yay!

_77736084_euro2020_stadiums_web_4.jpg

Baku, really?

Given the cost for hosting a cup, I understand the reasoning for splitting it up, but at least chose countries that aren't halfway across the globe... (well, almost)

what is ironic is how Portugal won 1 game in regulation time in this tournament and was 3rd in the group stages ><

I have to say I think France just didn't show up today and threw away their chance at glory (no Ronaldo too basically all game)

Chile-win-the-Copa-America-Centenario-final.jpg

spain2012reuters_3524403b-large_trans++pJliwavx4coWFCaEkEsb3kvxIt-lGGWCWqwLa_RXJU8.jpg

_76239690_germanytrophylift.jpg

While I can understand why some people might not like Ronaldo. That's just simply not true
Thank you. The Ronaldo hate really is out of proportion. Hate the guy or love him but you cannot deny he loves en lives the sport, first time I saw the guy at euro 2004 as a little dutch guy in the match where he got kicked out.

Been a fan ever since, for me seeing him at a young age while he was like..18? He is and always has been the result of hard work.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Just saw the goal again, that is a shockingly good strike. Damn son

Shito

Just discovering that 2020 bullshit... What in the fuck?
We should do just like the Eurovision: winner organizes the next one.
This way we would have a nice Euro in Portugal, in a nice country that deeply loves its football, and it would shield us from Greece ever wanting to win another title. ^^

roytheone

Baku, really?

Given the cost for hosting a cup, I understand the reasoning for splitting it up, but at least chose countries that aren't halfway across the globe... (well, almost)

Its going to be great when a team gets clearly fucked because bad luck with their traveling times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom