• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Europa Universalis IV MP Community Thread of Hotjoining for Glory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
VnXONi4.png

Feel free to use this thread for any kind of MP related inquiries, match searching, experience sharing and talk about your MP rounds.

The first EUIV Gaf MP round looks like this:
yQBKyup.png

Castile - FACE
Burgundy - fanboi
Savoy - Morfeo
Scotland - RugMonkey
Venice - Archnemesis
Naples - Colkate
Poland - Manik
Wallachia - KingSnake
Georgia - Wink
Novgorod - Crab
Hosokawa - Mgoblue201
Viyanagar - Toma
Ming - Kabouter

House rules:
1. We cant stop you from doing that, but please avoid immediately going for another player. I won't put you guys in a position where you will NEED to fight another player, and if someone does, he might get a big, big unnofficial aggressive expansion penalty with all the others human players ;p

2. No breaking of truces against other human players.

3. No declaring of wars against absent human players.

4. This is a political game, so negotiations are fair game. Feel free to talk in the forum, in the Steam chat or via private messages and plot to your hearts content. One thing I'd ask you to, is writing up how the political dynamics worked in our game and what kind of negotiations you made. Obviously dont tell them as long as the game is still running, but it would be awesome to read how everyone played diplomatically afterwards.

Play times:
Tuesdays, Thursdays, Sundays, 11 PM / CET

Hopefully, we can share some experiences about it and report how it went for us so that it might be interesting to read for others too. I would also like to link our daily reports of our first session in the OP, so if you decide to post about whats happening in your country, I'll collect the reports from a single day and then post these report collections here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
| Sessions AAR's |
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If possible, use this template: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=79791689&postcount=48

Session 1: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=80323377&postcount=167
Session 2: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=81094905&postcount=234
Session 3: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=81471121&postcount=325

Fitz

Huzzah, really looking forward to this, first time playing multiplayer in any Paradox game.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Great work!

Can you post rules and game times in OP?

Added.

Can I take either Muscovy or the Ottomans?

Nope, both would be too directly in competition to other human players right at the start of the game. How good are you in this game? Most of us chose rather small nations, you might grab the Mamluks though if you want to stay in that area and wouldnt feel comfortable with something smaller.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Added.

Nope, both would be too directly in competition to other human players right at the start of the game. How good are you in this game? Most of us chose rather small nations, you might grab the Mamluks though if you want to stay in that area and wouldnt feel comfortable with something smaller.

I am pretty good at EU3, but have played only about five hours of EU4. Can I take Savoia/Savoy then? I am not 100% certain I can play today, but I'm trying to fix it now.

Edit: I just saw that both Venice and Naples is taken which might make Savoy a bit close? If not Savoy, then maybe Sweden? Or Brandenburg?

Toma

I am pretty good at EU3, but have played only about five hours of EU4. Can I take Savoia/Savoy then? I am not 100% certain I can play today, but I'm trying to fix it now.

Edit: I just saw that both Venice and Naples is taken which might make Savoy a bit close? If not Savoy, then maybe Sweden? Or Brandenburg?

Brandenburg would be fine, do you know the basics of the trade system? Then I'd suggest The Hansa as a very lucrative starting nation which would also be a bit further away from Poland and has easier access to northern provinces and is very interesting to play. But its your call between those two then :)

Morfeo

Brandenburg would be fine, do you know the basics of the trade system? Then I'd suggest The Hansa as a very lucrative starting nation which would also be a bit further away from Poland and has easier access to northern provinces and is very interesting to play. But its your call between those two then :)

I dont know anything about the trade system yet, so would like to avoid playing the Hansa. I think Im going for Savoy, just realized how close Brandenburg would be to Poland :)

Edit: As long as nobody plays France, Savoy should be fine I guess.

Toma

I dont know anything about the trade system yet, so would like to avoid playing the Hansa. I think Im going for Savoy, just realized how close Brandenburg would be to Poland :)

Edit: As long as nobody plays France, Savoy should be fine I guess.

Well Burgundy, Venice AND Naples around you and you immediately border on Burgundy too, but I guess there are enough french provinces to keep you and Burgundy busy elsewhere.

Fanboi, are you fine with someone playing Savoy?

fanboi

Banned
Well Burgundy, Venice AND Naples around you and you immediately border on Burgundy too, but I guess there are enough french provinces to keep you and Burgundy busy elsewhere.

Fanboi, are you fine with someone playing Savoy?

Yes.

We Are The Burgundys. You Will Be Assimilated

Morfeo

As I said, I am not 100% certain I can play yet, but I hope I will. Anyways, I am definitely a friend of the glorious burgundian nation!

Toma

As I said, I am not 100% certain I can play yet, but I hope I will. Anyways, I am definitely a friend of the glorious burgundian nation!

Everyone will probably miss a few days of play over the course of the game. The AI will take over for you on that day and you can continue playing the nation the next time, so dont worry if you cant join us tonight.

Morfeo

Everyone will probably miss a few days of play over the course of the game. The AI will take over for you on that day and you can continue playing the nation the next time, so dont worry if you cant join us tonight.

Awesome!

Manik

Hopefully, playing as Poland, I'll at least be able to stay focused, having my provinces all in the same place. I really don't do well when I have to look after overseas provinces. Naval warfare is a definite weak spot for me (and that's saying something!).

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Be vary of Morfeo as Savoy guys, I've seen some shit in EU3 mp with this guy!! :D

So jelly, but sadly I don't have time to commit to this now :(

fanboi

Banned
With humans? Yes. With AI? Not if it's been going on longer than a month, they'll get like a -1000 penalty to joining the war

So there is an option call to war with new allies? As a ingame option that joins current war I mean. I understand that you can ask other to declare ware with em (human that is).

I just want to scheme good thats all .... :D

Morfeo

Be vary of Morfeo as Savoy guys, I've seen some shit in EU3 mp with this guy!! :D

So jelly, but sadly I don't have time to commit to this now :(

Wtf, dont listen to this guy, he doesnt know what he is talking about. Little Savoy cant be a treat for anybody.

Toma

Just did some testing on speed 2. Its a decent speed so far and we should get about 10 years done each play session if there is no slowdown in MP.

Kabouter

Just did some testing on speed 2. Its a decent speed so far and we should get about 10 years done each play session if there is no slowdown in MP.

Speed 3 is probably too quick given lag etc. issues right? (That is, will be auto-slowdown)

Wtf, dont listen to this guy, he doesnt know what he is talking about. Little Savoy cant be a treat for anybody.

If Ryukyu can be a threat in the hands of some players, then lord knows Savoy can be :p.

Toma

Speed 3 is probably too quick given lag etc. issues right? (That is, will be auto-slowdown)

Even if it wouldnt have any issues, playing constantly on speed 3 without pausing could become rather difficult for new players. Plus, the faster we play, the more time are the players missing that cant play for a day. It makes a rather big difference then whether one playsession is 10 years or 15 years long. I'd say we stick with 2, its just one hour anyway, and people could have it running windowed in the background if there is really nothing to take care of for a while.

Kabouter

Even if it wouldnt have any issues, playing constantly on speed 3 without pausing could become rather difficult for new players. Plus, the faster we play, the more time are the players missing that cant play for a day. It makes a rather big difference then whether one playsession is 10 years or 15 years long. I'd say we stick with 2, its just one hour anyway, and people could have it running windowed in the background if there is really nothing to take care of for a while.

I should probably see if there's anything to watch during the game tonight given that I'm Ming hahah.

Toma

I think we'll also do a preparation window before each session. 10 minutes before the game starts, we'll start the game on pause (it wont continue unless someone presses play) and allow everyone who wants to finetune advisors/whatever and to check the current situation in peace before the game.

So we are only playing for one hour tonight? That actually fits me perfect.

Every session is going to be 1 hour so its easier for most people to make time for it and have a constant group of people playing.

Morfeo

I think we'll also do a preparation window before each session. 10 minutes before the game starts, we'll start the game on pause (it wont continue unless someone presses play) and allow everyone who wants to finetune advisors/whatever and to check the current situation in peace before the game.

Every session is going to be 1 hour so its easier for most people to make time for it and have a constant group of people playing.

This is great and will make it much easier for me. The saturday is probably still difficult, but I at least should be able to play almost every tuesday and thursday!

Morfeo

I don't think Savoy will be quite so quiet.

For a peace-loving leader as myself it definitely will! Just a heads up to all my neighbours - I only want cooperation and coexistance - let there be peace in our time!

Toma

For a peace-loving leader as myself it definitely will! Just a heads up to all my neighbours - I only want cooperation and coexistance - let there be peace in our time!

Now where is the caveat.

Kabouter

Sheesh, just how much of a warmonger do you intend on being?

Kabouter

I am only going to defend myself and maybe, maybe secure some security zones to achieve that goal of peace that I proposed.

So what you're saying is fanboi, archnemesis, Colkate and FACE should start working on frontier defences right away?

Well, I'm going to fuck you all up, pre france / german style.

You planning on staying Burgundy or forming NL?

fanboi

Banned
So what you're saying is fanboi, archnemesis, Colkate and FACE should start working on frontier defences right away?

You planning on staying Burgundy or forming NL?

Good question, I think I will have a drink on that before I decide.

Kabouter

Lol, that would be awesome if all those countries would ally against poor little Savoy :)

Given your hinting + someone saying you're awesome at EU, something tells me that just might happen at some point in the game :p.

Good question, I think I will have a drink on that before I decide.

NL has awesome ideas, like seriously awesome, but when you take the decision you lose a lot of land, especially if you've been expanding at the expense of France.

Morfeo

Given your hinting + someone saying you're awesome at EU, something tells me that just might happen at some point in the game :p.

Lol I am just joking - and so is he :) I only have a few hours in EU4 as can be proven by my steam account :)

fanboi

Banned

NL has awesome ideas, like seriously awesome, but when you take the decision you lose a lot of land, especially if you've been expanding at the expense of France.

Hmm... I need that drink.

Yeah I would recommend going for the low lands as well!

Pfft... you are just trying to trick me from not focusing on you...

Toma

Lol I am just joking - and so is he :) I only have a few hours in EU4 as can be proven by my steam account :)

You'll be so hurt when I embargo you from my trade too if you hurt my european brethren.

Toma

We are only missing Morfeo in the Steam group, then we are good to go later.

Toma

After Action Report Template (dont use quotes) for those who might be interested in sharing their experiences:

AAR - Date - Country

Description of the actions during the session:

Diplomatic state at the end of the session:
Province Count:
Vassals or PU:
At War with:

Those would be cool things to have, if you think there is more that would be interesting to read on a session by session basis, let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom