• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ever been caught by this tv cliché

StueyDuck

So recently started watching the expanse, a show I missed but I'm catching up on, and like most shows it has a certain cliché scene that many shows have that to me is always extremely obvious and never catches me off guard and that is:

The "oh it's not really happening" dream sequence.

Have you ever been caught by one of these in a tv show where afterwards you thought "phew, it was just a dream". If so, what examples do you have of it being well done?

It's almost always obvious the first second something is off or strange for me that it's clearly a dream sequence, no need to think too much about what's going on.

Last edited:

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
So recently started watching the expanse, a show I missed but I'm catching up on, and like most shows it has a certain cliché scene that many shows have that to me is always extremely obvious and never catches me off guard and that is:

The "oh it's not really happening" dream sequence.

Have you ever been caught by one of these in a tv show where afterwards you thought "phew, it was just a dream". If so, what examples do you have of it being well done?

It's almost always obvious the first second something is off or strange for me that it's clearly a dream sequence, no need to think too much about what's going on.
The only time this works is when it isn't a dream or someone imagining what they want to do, but it is so crazy that you think it is going to be.

calistan

Alice in Borderland. Not so much 'caught me off guard', or 'I saw that coming', more like 'seriously, that's the only way you could think of to end this?!?'.

Bojji

Alice in Borderland. Not so much 'caught me off guard', or 'I saw that coming', more like 'seriously, that's the only way you could think of to end this?!?'.

I like how they played us before this. Overall story was wrapped up nicely I think.

Final destination was good the first time.
It was best the 1st time. It was still good 2nd and 3rd time but 3D (FD4) sequel was bad and the 5th had amazing setups but failed to properly land most of the "accidents".

Last edited:

KrakenIPA

Does Mad Max Fury Road count for this? I'm thinking of the scene where he has visions of his daughter before getting a crossbow bolt through the hand. Damn that movie is so great!

T-0800

Oh, also, Bobby Uwing.
Understand Captain America GIF

Top Bottom