• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EVO 2024 |OT| Tekken, Street Fighter, and Chill

Hrk69

Gold Member
Granblue Gantasy Versus looks so good but I don't have a clue what's going on lol

I only recently got into fighting games (last year actually, with the release of SF6) and I still have a lot of catching up to do

But I honestly love the events

anthony2690

Beautiful stuff from Tatuma the Sol Badguy player, them bait bursts were just incredible, especially the last one 😍

I really need to get back into the game, time to dust off my Sol and get back into Heaven I think 😀

Last edited:
That sucks. Did they say it's at capacity or is it just taking a while to get everyone in?
It's at capacity. People are slowly being let in as others leave, but I think less and less people are leaving now that word is going around that they won't even get back in. And there are like two bathrooms in there for 10k people...

Whew got in the arena, we were fairly close ("only" a few hundred feet) and a LOT more people left after Guilty Gear than I was expecting.

Doubt even close to everyone outside is getting in though, the line literally went the whole length, crossed over, and went back up the entire length. Two parallel lines the entire length of the convention center.

Wow. Heihachi Mishima, is NOT dead!!

heihachi-soulcalibur2-winpose.gif

Man this final was very good.

Afit was cooking initially, I believed he had it with that counter at match point to survive another round.

But never underestimate Arslan.

Fahdis

Pakistan is so good man!! Far and away the best region!

I remember back in the day on Tekken Zaibatsu, when I was like Pakistan just needs to get on the world stage in 2004 or so. Look where we are today. Congrats to Arslan. He's a friend of mine. Lmao, I held his first Evo Trophy in my hands. There's 2 other dude's here that are absolute beasts as well; Awais and Qasim. Consistently up there with Arslan, Atif and Khan.

Edmund

I remember back in the day on Tekken Zaibatsu, when I was like Pakistan just needs to get on the world stage in 2004 or so. Look where we are today. Congrats to Arslan. He's a friend of mine. Lmao, I held his first Evo Trophy in my hands. There's 2 other dude's here that are absolute beasts as well; Awais and Qasim. Consistently up there with Arslan, Atif and Khan.

Yeah Awais Honey and Qasim Meer are so good too. So is Khan. Hope to see all of them in tekken 8!

Blindy

Blue Mary got raceswapped?? WTF??
SNK prob sneak letting SFVI get the flack for this while the next Fatal Fury game they introduce Black Mary.

Next thing you know Billy Kane will be Australian.

EDIT: Oh there's are just NPCs. Nevermind.

Last edited:
SNK prob sneak letting SFVI get the flack for this while the next Fatal Fury game they introduce Black Mary.

Next thing you know Billy Kane will be Australian.
Billy literally has the British flag on a shirt or bandana in most games... Blue Mary?

nikos

You'd think Yipes wouldn't cook his voice over the weekend knowing he's gonna commentate top 6.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I was hoping for them to give a release date for the MvC Collection but they stealth released SvC Chaos (SNK vs Capcom):

I'm legit shocked, I never expected this!

Last edited:

[Sigma]

When Punk is playing like that, he's practically unbeatable. Will he stay in the right mind frame though if things get volatile because when he wants something really bad, that's when he tends to start messing up and making mistakes he normally doesn't make. Rooting for him to finish the job.

EDIT: He secured a spot for Capcom Cup regardless so im sure he's happy already about that.

EDIT 2:
Correction on my post before, for some reason I thought this was a super premier and it's not so only the winner gets the spot.

Last edited:
When Punk is playing like that, he's practically unbeatable. Will he stay in the right mind frame though if things get volatile because when he wants something really bad, that's when he tends to start messing up and making mistakes he normally doesn't make. Rooting for him to finish the job.
I gonna feel emotional if he finally pulls it off. After he got embarrassed by Tokido in SFV finals with the taunt combo, it would be a really poetic win for him some years later with more experience.

Top Bottom