• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2013 Fighting game championship of the World July 12th - 14th

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmr87

0Wr.gif

Sheroking

He does complain about silly stuff, but it's not something I would dislike him for. I get the feeling the majority of the hate is mostly because of his extremely effective zoning team.

He doesn't just "complain about silly stuff" - he's the biggest whiner in Marvel. He throws tantrums, is involved with lame protests and potsplits, says borderline idiotic and offensive shit on twitter.

He's just an asshole. And not in a "kinda funny, and real fun to cheer against" kind of way like Noel, Champ, Rog, etc.

Seriously fuck Chris G, he should always be playing his best because he's the best in the world. I've always been a support despite his poor public relations because he defined how the game was played but fuck him for not playing at his best for the biggest event of the year. The finals would be so much better if he goes out now and it's a free for all.

Sheroking

I'm not sure why this is sandbagging. This guy can't even beat the troll team...that's the statement.

It's three top tier characters, including his main (with a meter assist) and Phoenix.

It's sandbagging insofar as top challengers could beat that team, not in the sense that he's willing to risk EVO.

def sim

He doesn't just "complain about silly stuff" - he's the biggest whiner in Marvel. He throws tantrums, is involved with lame protests and potsplits, says borderline idiotic and offensive shit on twitter.

He's just an asshole. And not in a "kinda funny, and real fun to cheer against" kind of way like Noel, Champ, Rog, etc.

I am not aware of anything he says on twitter. If he's really that much of a despicable person as you say, then sure, you're right. He's worse than Noel Brown. (?)

kitzkozan

Yeah, AE was completely out of control hype. If Marvel can't match it, that's just the way it goes. Definitely doesn't mean Marvel was a fail or whatever.

To be fair, the skill level displayed in SFIV is on another level. Having 4 of the 5 japanese gods invested in the game + the world class players + the best US/NA players will result in a great or legendary tournament. There's no way a game which is played seriously only in the US can match what we saw yesterday. Even if the game is faster paced & more exciting by nature, 99.9% of the Marvel players aren't good enough to work magic like Haitani or Sako can in SFIV. Even ChrisG Sakura is boring to watch compared to Uryo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom