• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2014 Fighting Game Tournament of the Year July 11th - 13th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horseress

You can't expect more people to be interested in FGC when you have all these trolls dissing games and exhibiting child-like behavior.

FGC isn't nearly at the level where it could be. EVO is the biggest tournament that grows every year clearly but I can see why other people would be motivated to not want to be a part of this.

EVO is bigger than ever this year and has everything to keep growing, companies are more and more interested to be part of the community, hell even Nintendo is part of EVO this year, that's big!

About the hating, haters and trolls are all around and in every community, I don't think it's keeping the FGC behind

And I said "stupid people" referring to those who keep disrespecting games, not you

Azure J

Eh, I'd have to disagree. Showing less SF4 quarter and semi matches than last year isn't going to earn you a lot of praise on my end.

But last year for AE Quaters & Semis, they had two streams, for winners & losers. If only we had that this year for Ultra...

Actually this criticism is legit. I don't know how I forgot that we had two streams for winners and losers.

We should have a Wolverine, Doom, Vergil teams counter.

Any team that "counters" this requires high and consistent execution or has one part that gets mauled by any combination of two of the characters it attempts to counter as a unit.

EVO is bigger than ever this year and has everything to keep growing, companies are more and more interested to be part of the community, hell even Nintendo is part of EVO this year, that's big!

About the hating, haters and trolls are all around and in every community, I don't think it's keeping the FGC behind

And I said "stupid people" referring to those who keep disrespecting games, not you

Is Nintendo staying for the long haul or is it a one time thing.

MrDaravon

Just stay the hell away from him. That thing could take weeks to go away and it's contagious.

Yeah, if Marn actually does have shingles it is actually legitimately fucked up that he's there and was allowed to be. It's contagious, and even if you've already gotten chickenpox and/or are at an age where you've been vaccinated against it, you can still carry it to another 3rd party who could be at risk. This isn't like have a cold or the flu, shingles can be really severely painful and cause permanent scarring, etc.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Marn once went to the hospital for something and he was supposed to stay there but left and went straight to a tournament looking all messed up.

JoeInky

Probably depends on if the competitive smash community decides Sm4sh to be a worthy game to play competitively, I can't see Nintendo sponsoring again if their brand new game gets shunned in favour of an old one, but they've done things we haven't expected before so who knows.

Sayah

Sorry, misunderstanding on my part.

But yeah, I realize it's bigger than ever and I'm really glad for that. But it has the potential to be so much more.

And yes, you have Nintendo and Namco sponsoring but these same sponsors are going to be monitoring their games. If the stream chat is filled with hateful comments for their game, then why would they want to sponsor the following year?

Part of it is just me being sour because you have Harada and I'm sure other Tekken project members watching the grand finals and all you see in the comments section is hate for the game during grand finals of all things. Trolling or not trolling, I can imagine that being rather damaging. Or it might not have any impact and I'm just exaggerating the effects, which I hope is the case.

gngf123

Sweet, a KoF side stream.

It'll probably end up being a one time thing unless the competitive Smash 4 community takes off. A portion of the community seem to just want Melee 2 and are already criticising the new game, but hopefully that portion is small.

Nanashrew

Banned
If you're having framerate problems, desyncing, stutters and stallouts, you might wanna try the Livestreamer + VLC combo.

And personally, I have no problems with what they're showing and how they're showing it. I would have loved to see more matches on that second stream, of course, but if they can't for whatever reason, again: Get a reliably updated bracket up on that screen in a clean graphic. Not someone's phone-cam of a handwritten sheet of paper, but an updatable graphic that is put up between matches from time to time to keep everyone (including the commentators) up to date on who won what, whether we watched it or not.

I'm calling Louffy vs Gackt for Grand Finals. Fuck it. I'd prefer Momochi's Ken get there, but I dunno. Louffy seems like he's got the eye of the tiger :)

For Marvel? Who the fuck knows. After yesterday, everyone knew one thing. And then it was the other thing.

I think it fixed itself, but if i get more hiccups I'll move to that.

Also, I agree with everything said. I'm a new guy and a clean graphic of the brackets on screen of who is and isn't moving forward in this tournament that's always up to date would help me greatly.

Where is it possible to watch the entirety of the stream if I missed it? I can't watch any of the today or the day after, and would really like to watch the matches.

You can watch the archives of the stream channels for anything you missed HERE. Just click on the stream to go to its twtich version, go to past broadcasts link.

For any Ultra SF4 pools matches, since they were streamed on Capcom Fighters, they're behind a pay wall. Anything after that you can watch free, as it was streamed on srkevo1.

At the moment, I have a sampling of Ultra SF4 pools matches uploaded. Change to 720p for best better quality. I'll have more up later today.

TS Sabin vs Kyabetsu

Crandolph the Fabulous vs Velociraptor

EMP Dieminion vs Qanba Xiaohai

Iliya vs Gootecks

Ryan Hart vs Floe

BJ Unchained vs CEO Alex Jebailey

Bukkake vs Soothsayer

Infiltration vs 775 Yao

MMG JUUUULLIOOOOOOO!! vs RZR Gackt

(dm)$42 Blanka vs Latif

A1SaucedaBoss vs Taison

AIAB Kyoku vs RZR CG Problem X

AKG Grandmaster B vs MCZ Daigo Umehara

El Sloth

Banned
You can't expect more people to be interested in FGC when you have all these trolls dissing games and exhibiting child-like behavior.

FGC isn't nearly at the level where it could be. EVO is the biggest tournament that grows every year clearly but I can see why other people would be motivated to not want to be a part of this.

That's why I said what I said.
I don't know if the opinions of random dudes on the internet will inhibit the growth of the scene in any real way, but I will say I'm getting real tired of people shitting on other games they don't play all the god damn time. They need to grow up and realize tournaments don't exist to cater to them.

I have a good shot of beating everyone in the top 8 except Theo. First up is Noobe who I've beaten twice at recent majors. He's playing well this weekend and Doomsday is a tough match for Catwoman but my chances are good. As long as I play well I can go far. I haven't slept more than like two hours but whatever lol

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
as someone who is quite shit at execution, infinites impress the shit out of me o_O

ldcommando

Banned
I have a good shot of beating everyone in the top 8 except Theo. First up is Noobe who I've beaten twice at recent majors. He's playing well this weekend and Doomsday is a tough match for Catwoman but my chances are good. As long as I play well I can go far. I haven't slept more than like two hours but whatever lol

Fuck them up, man

Good luck

Duxxy3

I don't know if the opinions of random dudes on the internet will inhibit the growth of the scene in any real way, but I will say I'm getting real tired of people shitting on other games they don't play all the god damn time. They need to grow up and realize tournaments don't exist to cater to them.

Yup.

I don't watch Dota 2, LoL, smash or many many other games... but that doesn't mean I'll spend all my time shitting on them. There are many more games that I actually enjoy that I can talk about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom