• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2014 Fighting Game Tournament of the Year July 11th - 13th

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Sloth

Banned
I have a good shot of beating everyone in the top 8 except Theo. First up is Noobe who I've beaten twice at recent majors. He's playing well this weekend and Doomsday is a tough match for Catwoman but my chances are good. As long as I play well I can go far. I haven't slept more than like two hours but whatever lol
Good luck, dude. Remember that Theo is only human if you run into him. I believe in Catwoman winning Evo!

Kouichi

I have a good shot of beating everyone in the top 8 except Theo. First up is Noobe who I've beaten twice at recent majors. He's playing well this weekend and Doomsday is a tough match for Catwoman but my chances are good. As long as I play well I can go far. I haven't slept more than like two hours but whatever lol
Good luck!

You sleeping on Sonic Fawx 16Bit.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey

I'm sure a lot of guys in Ultra yesterday said to themselves they couldn't beat so and so but ended up doing it. You can do it.

JoeInky

It'll probably end up being a one time thing unless the competitive Smash 4 community takes off. A portion of the community seem to just want Melee 2 and are already criticising the new game, but hopefully that portion is small.

About a quarter of the competitive community just wants to stick to melee/have melee 2.0, two quarter think that it has potential but needs some changes otherwise they'll just stick with melee and PM as their main games and the last quarter is the competitive brawl community who'll just move onto anything as long as it's new.

About a quarter of the competitive community just wants to stick to melee/have melee 2.0, two quarter think that it has potential but needs some changes otherwise they'll just stick with melee and PM as their main games and the last quarter is the competitive brawl community who'll just move onto anything as long as it's new.

incorrect
1% is the 64 community, which will not play anything but 64

edit: also I doubt the first category is any more than 10%

Azure J

To expand on this, the two quarters/half that believe it has potential with changes don't want massive changes, they just want aerial lag to be decreased since currently there's a lot of post animation lag when landing with a short hopped aerial (one of the oldest means of approach in the series), more options from ground dashes/movement (since currently there is a delay in acting from dashes outside of a dash attack, no ability to cancel dashes [exception being Bowser for some weird reason] and you can't play footsies with how the dashing window works currently) and to remove the post throw animation lag which makes following up a lot of the throws in the game completely impossible.

The reasonable folks haven't ever mentioned wanting advanced movement options like wavedashing back as much as they'd be appreciated just because they recognize that wavedashing as it existed was an exploit of how the directional dodges work in Melee. What they do want however is a game that promotes the freedom of approach and expression that the Smash series typically is known for from the 64/Melee era.

ShinMaruku

Leaving your area just to play fighting games is an option many folks won't take, for obvious reasons.

Reminds me of the time some idiot told me to quit my job so I could play more games.

That is why I said If you have the option. But if you are in athat area and want to get better you will have to do some heavy traveling. Because being in the NYC area the factors there will hurt you. ESPECIALLY if you are new.

Hey guys did the Super Turbo Tournament of Legends happen yesterday?If so, where can i find the results?

1. MAO (Vega)
2. Nuki (Chun-Li)
3. Kurahashi (O-Ken, Ryu)
4. Mattsun (Ken)
5. Noguchi (Vega, O-Sagat)
5. AfroLegends (Balrog, Dee Jay)
7. Hanashi (Fei Long, Dee Jay, E.Honda)
7. LU|Alex Valle (O-Sagat)

X-Mania is today, so there'll be more ST.

Internets

1. MAO (Vega)
2. Nuki (Chun-Li)
3. Kurahashi (O-Ken, Ryu)
4. Mattsun (Ken)
5. Noguchi (Vega, O-Sagat)
5. AfroLegends (Balrog, Dee Jay)
7. Hanashi (Fei Long, Dee Jay, E.Honda)
7. LU|Alex Valle (O-Sagat)

X-Mania is today, so there'll be more ST.

Do you know if they'll stream it? And if so, what stream it might be on?

IronLich

Just whip it good, man. We're rooting for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom