• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2014 Fighting Game Tournament of the Year July 11th - 13th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

The amount of times that PRRog Foot Dived, Dive Kicked or Helm Breaker straight into that Hulk assist was just priceless. It's too bad the other player never attempted to convert off of it.

And for the record PRRog had actually lost that match 0-3. He did Photon Array hyper when Arthur was in XF3 with 3 bars for the full screen LVL3 hyper. That match was done right there. He played really bad that entire set actually.... if he keeps playing like that he probably won't make top 8.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
That is by far the biggest choke yet. One hit away from being a major upset to Rog moving on with two straight wins.

The amount of times that PRRog Foot Dived, Dive Kicked or Helm Breaker straight into that Hulk assist was just priceless. It's too bad the other player never attempted to convert off of it.

And for the record PRRog had actually lost that match 0-3. He did Photon Array hyper when Arthur was in XF3 with 3 bars for the full screen LVL3 hyper. That match was done right there. He played really bad that entire set actually.... if he keeps playing like that he probably won't make top 8.
He really seems to be in "I don't give a fuck" mode.

ad_idem

Did they change the pause rule to be a mandatory win? Wasn't it optional in the past? I missed the match so not sure if I'm misunderstanding what occurred.

onionfrog

Hulk AA assist is actually pretty hard to convert off of.
You pretty much need to assume that your opponent will get by it ahead of time to be able to convert off it

Did they change the pause rule to be a mandatory win? Wasn't it optional in the past? I missed the match so not sure if I'm misunderstanding what occurred.

It's always been mandatory at evo. It should be mandatory at other majors but the power of fgc cliques make it not that way.

Dahbomb

He really seems to be in "I don't give a fuck" mode.
I would be too if the game I mained in I got bopped really early in the brackets and the game I "quit" I have a better chance in going further.

He's pretty much in "if I don't give a fuck I do better" mode". Just like FChamp was last night. His interview said it all "practice 16 hours Marvel, sleep 8 hours, 0 hours practice SF4... make top 16 and body Daigo in the process".

ad_idem

It's always been mandatory at evo. It should be mandatory at other majors but the power of fgc cliques make it not that way.

I see. Well I guess standardizing things would be ideal but yeah definitely a lot of majors have it up to the players. Either way thanks for the clarification.

vg260

MikeZ is probably shaking his head in disgust at that pause.

Does Skullgirls have some sort of anti-pause feature? Do you have to hold the button down?

another argument for devs to actually play other games

For real. EVEYONE needs to use Skullgirls' button config setup. It's perfect. Both quick setting buttons and with flexibility for assigning any button combo quickly, especially for pads.

Soulstar

Does Skullgirls have some sort of anti-pause feature? Do you have to hold the button down?

For real. EVEYONE needs to use Skullgirls' button config setup. It's perfect. Both quick setting buttons and with flexibility for assigning any button combo quickly, especially for pads.

Yeah you have to hold it down. I know he wanted to turn it off completely for tournament mode but console makers wouldn't let him.

Tekniqs

couldn't they have used the "death" rule? sorta similar to kusoru pausing against champ.

anyhoo, when's yipes/chrisg/jwong's pools?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom