• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2014 Fighting Game Tournament of the Year July 11th - 13th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gonna be pretty hard to top that IMO

Says a lot considering that Blazblue didn't really have any advertised storylines prior to that. You know who to look for in Marvel and street fighter. But the play itself just had so much emotion.

Altazor

dhioxo.gif

amazing.

this fits: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3sZfPSSNVg

iori9999

Banned
If there were bets for top 8, I'm thinking most bet on N-O or Dogura.. Garireo won and reset the bracket and came back down from 0-2 and it was FUCKING HYPE!! Only thing that would have been better is if someone like Tiku or Yoshiki would have won with a relatively weaker character.. Litchi is still top tier..

Edit: I loved how SG celebrated with Garireo, it was awesome!!!

Gonna be pretty hard to top that IMO

Says a lot considering that Blazblue didn't really have any advertised storylines prior to that. You know who to look for in Marvel and street fighter. But the play itself just had so much emotion.
Well said.

Those numbers were pretty solid for an AM grand finals, too - I saw it up to 77,000. That's a lot of folks watching Evo in the morning.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So is Killer Instinct hype or is it Injustice levels of *groan*
At high level it can be pretty hype, much moreso than Injustice. This is coming from someone who really doesn't like watching it that much, either.

I would have also said the same about BBCP, but oh boy I would have been proven wrong.

RangerBAD

Crowd looked like it was going to rush the stage and carry him or something. It was TREMENDOUS. Holy shit this is like the Daigo moment all rolled into one set. I don't think I've ever seen anything like it. I called the set OVER multiple times. Its unreal. I love EVO!

Everyone thought it was over every single time. That's why it was so awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom