• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2014 Fighting Game Tournament of the Year July 11th - 13th

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEO0MJ

Don't give up, Hungry.

tumblr_lps8pfQCgK1r0mhfro1_500.gif

MrDaravon

Marhvel hopefully in 20 mins.

Hahahaha

Marvel was supposed to have already started. After these three last matches there's also a 30 minute block assigned for announcements as well. Probably ~1 hour for Marvel I'm guessing, possibly more depending on what the announcement thing is supposed to be.

You usually shake after someone has won the set, dud, not after each game.

I'm talking about when the other player wanted to shake hands and he refused. Even if it was after a single match, you don't refuse to shake hands right?

It's because he was used to losers finals being Bo5 because that's the standard for smash, but at EVO for some reason it was Bo3, so he was there thinking he still had a chance but got told he was out.

LOL didn't know that detail. Well I understand the salt then, but it doesn't make him any less arrogant tbh

Smash started an hour after it was supposed to, so lol at you guys looking directly at the schedule

Aβydoς;120861619 said:
I'm talking about when the other player wanted to shake hands and he refused. Even if it was after a single match, you don't refuse to shake hands right?

LOL didn't know that detail. Well I understand the salt then, but it doesn't make him any less arrogant tbh

he did shake his hand, the gif cuts off before that point

Busaiku

So regarding the BBCP final match, I noticed something that I wanted to check right away:
http://youtu.be/DrvY6BbiUE0?t=26m17s

Galileo's super actually didn't combo and it reset Dogura. I don't really want to call it collusion but that was really weird, it's hard to say if Dogura wasn't paying attention or not since he was definitely holding down the button to tech.
There were rumors that the west coasters were planning to collude, but in that situation Dogura clearly just didn't grasp the situation.

If they were still colluding, they definitely held their roles very well. I mean Dogura and his girlfriend both completely broke down.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Dreamland again? I thought that was a questionable counterpick in the first place, the big stage benefits Fox even if the further boundaries benefit Puff.

Sheroking

I thought 3/5 was only for grand finals.

Not this year.

Serious adjustments need to be made RE: stock and time limits next year. I'm guessing it will probably be Smash U over Melee for at least one year, so hopefully the standard isn't as long.

Either that or they need to move it to last event of second day. This is the second year in a row Evo's otherwise solid schedule has been porked by Melee going WAY over schedule.

Not this year.

Seriously adjustments need to be made RE: stock and time limits next year. I'm guessing it will probably be Smash U over Melee for at least one year, so hopefully the standard isn't as long.

Either that or they need to move it to last event of second day. This is the second year in a row Evo's otherwise solid schedule has been porked by Melee going WAY over schedule.

bullshit, Melee ran on time last year

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Not this year.

Seriously adjustments need to be made RE: stock and time limits next year. I'm guessing it will probably be Smash U over Melee for at least one year, so hopefully the standard isn't as long.

I don't think it's going that far over, it already started really late.

MrDaravon

I'm really enjoying how they keep emphasizing the gamecount to try to get whoever is tracking the score on stream to let them know it's wrong without actually saying it, and how it's also totally not working.

Lose already pls. I dont want to be watching USF4 finals at 3 am

We gotta take that L for being last. It's been something SF4 has to deal with every year since 2011.

On the other hand, it looks like Smash will definitely beat its number from last year (134k). Not sure if it will beat Marvel(145k) but I think it has a good chance if GF's are hype.

Azure J

SaltyBet chat is great.

"Lunasenatrinity: ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ A FOX MAKING IT FAR IN A TOURNAMENT IS ALMOST AS RARE AS A LAW AND ORDER SVU EPISODE ON USA ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom