• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2014 Fighting Game Tournament of the Year July 11th - 13th

Status
Not open for further replies.

rrc1594

All I have to say is fuck Sabrewulf and his 0 frames. I hope any player who uses him, gets owned. Talking about you Wong!

Way hyped for EVO! I hope we see some exciting things like Jwonggs run in 2013.

So hyped that we also did a pre-EVO predictions podcast last night. And then today I see this thread in GAF!

If you can't get enough of EVO chatter I invite you to listen to us do EVO-predictions.

http://nmism.com/podcast/

(If mods feel this is off topic please delete. )

BadWolf

Way hyped for EVO! I hope we see some exciting things like Jwonggs run in 2013.

So hyped that we also did a pre-EVO predictions podcast last night. And then today I see this thread in GAF!

If you can't get enough of EVO chatter I invite you to listen to us do EVO-predictions.

Will listen after work, thanks :)

El Sloth

Banned
Brazil - Germany is a preview of how USA - Japan is going to look like in BlazBlue this weekend.

I still believe in Bananamerica

I want to see this at EVO too :

i8Noum4fZjDPV.gif

Can anyone explain the subscription thing mentioned in the OP? Is it any different from last year? What are the restrictions for non-subscribers?

Sheroking

Can anyone explain the subscription thing mentioned in the OP? Is it any different from last year? What are the restrictions for non-subscribers?

Pay a $12 subscription for the HD streams, access to twitch chat and custom emoticons in the Evo streams.

You don't need to sub to watch.

Pay a $12 subscription for the HD streams, access to twitch chat and custom emoticons in the Evo streams.

You don't need to sub to watch.

Sweet. I'm still probably going to sub though, I've absolutely loved watching the past three EVOs and wouldn't mind throwing some money their way

Kumubou

I can only play anime which has art I can tolerate. :p Narrows the games quite a bit.

What are you running? I'll at least pop by a station and introduce myself.
You say this... and one way you'll wake up, realizing you've been marathoning Pretty Cure for the last 14 hours.

I'll be running poverty anime fighters (Melty Blood, Aquapazza, Chaos Code) on Friday in BYOC and BBCP on Saturday, along with AH3:LM in BYOC on Saturday afternoon.

Please, America will be lucky to even get 1 in.
This is assuming that America even gets a shot at it -- too bad no one playing BBCP in the US has defense as good as Tim Howard. At least then America would have a legit shot.

RocBase

Yeah. I wasn't rooting for Brazil, but I never wanted it to end up like this.

honestly they're lucky they got that far at all. lmao @ germany dancing all over their asses
speaking of the world cup i still haven't decided if im going to head out for their finals or stay at home for evo's...it's a shame their schedules had to clash like that

Dahbomb

I would've offered decents odds on that.

Alternatively, I like Mike Ross NOT making top 32 but no odds will be offered for this.

Sheroking

I like Mike to come out of winners in his pool, but there will be like 340 other guys in winners. He'd need a really favorable run of opponents to get to top-32 IMO.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
Lapchi got someone to bookie this

Daigo 5 to 2
Fuudo 3 to 1
Xiaohai 4 to 1
Infiltration 9 to 2
Pr rog 5 to 1
Xian 6 to 1
Gamerbee 7 to 1
Momochi 7 to 1
Gackt 15 to 2