• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2016 Fighting Game Chamionship Tournament of the Year - July 15th - 17th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weird the tiny reverb was gone until the end of the match, heard the crowd a bit. then it's gone again during the match.

I think they're swapping between crowd on/off

Eolz

this will make me a happy man.

(I like Dizzy too...well at least her gdlk theme)

I wouldn't be surprised if they add a last character before GGXrd 3rd, hope it's Baiken. I'm sure we'll get her playable in the next one anyway.

Omito tossin' them coins like
ccru8he.gif

Soulstar

Really nice match so far!

What if it's Dizzy AND teasing Baiken at the end? ;)

If they teased Baiken as a playable character I would be over the moon. As much as I love Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator I just can't get into it all the way without her.

Unlucky

So now it sounds like they're muting the crowd except for at round ends etc. for cheering. The problem with that is the crowd doesn't always make noise at predictable times. Sometimes there are hype moments in the middle of a match.

Szeth

The echo + crowd noise made it sound like they're actually in a big venue instead of huddled in a closet by themselves. Wish they'd just keep it on :\

Killing evo for me tbh

Next year they need to get rid of the announcers being broadcasted at the stadium itself so that they can fix this problem. You can't separate the echo from the crowd currently

So somebody is basically at this point just moving knobs and sliders until something MAY work. Obviously whoever is doing it is out of their element.

So now it sounds like they're muting the crowd except for at round ends etc. for cheering. The problem with that is the crowd doesn't always make noise at predictable times. Sometimes there are hype moments in the middle of a match.
As long as they're running the commentary in-house, there isn't much they can do to prevent echoing unless they're able to introduce a delay into the sound from the house over the stream to sync it up. It's possible that's why it keeps spiking so often, they're testing the delay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom