• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2016 Fighting Game Chamionship Tournament of the Year - July 15th - 17th

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechaX

Also, what if Smash runs over? I doubt ESPN's going to wait.

Smash may take awhile, but they would have to try pretty hard to run over with 3 and a half hours allotted to them.

If it does run over, well... Smash will probably get booted to offstream if that happened.

KingBroly

Banned
Smash may take awhile, but they would have to try pretty hard to run over with 3 and a half hours allotted to them.

If it does run over, well... Smash will probably get booted to offstream if that happened.

That'd just about sum up everything that's gone wrong with EVO this year.

Over 130k for GG

Nice

I saw 134k during the actual Finals match and saw it go as high as 136k a little after it finishes. Unfortunately the numbers are down all around from last year. I think MKX got to 170 or 180k last year, Marvel did about the same. Smash went a bit over 200k while USF4 went a bit over 250k.

Viewers are way down this year.
Mortal Kombat and Marvel were way lower than their peaks last year, and Guilty Gear barely met it, despite being a midday game

LCS happening at the same time might have something to do with it, but there's definitely less energy than previous years

Revven

Finals started late today and as currently we are 30 minutes late to starting the next game. SFV will be late to start, just expect it, and get your tears out now about it instead of flooding the thread with it later.

Lulubop

I saw 134k during the actual Finals match and saw it go as high as 136k a little after it finishes. Unfortunately the numbers are down all around from last year. I think MKX got to 170 or 180k last year, Marvel did about the same. Smash went a bit over 200k while USF4 went a bit over 250k.

MK got way more than Marvel last year. Marvel was like in the 140s. But mk was new.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Finals started late today and as currently we are 30 minutes late to starting the next game. SFV will be late to start, just expect it, and get your tears out now about it instead of flooding the thread with it later.

It's Melee fault it's starting over 30 min late tbh

cloneicshb.png

Eolz

LCS happening at the same time might have something to do with it, but there's definitely less energy than previous years

Personally felt less hype due to the meh production values and logistics, and the sunday finals choices, but that has already been discussed to death.
Hopefully they don't repeat that next year.

edit: DIZZY

Quenk

Yeah, that was real bad form... Lets hope they shape up. However, judging from the recent "Smash Player Did Something Stupid" headlines, I don't think it'll change any time soon.

The only booing was when the MC announced that Melee was delayed (by 1.5h IIRC). Pretty shitty but their boos weren't directed at GG.

Also, what headlines are you referring to?

No it won't, Melee has never gotten close to 3 hours let alone 4 the past three years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom