• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2016 IOT2I Final day Final game - SFV Top 8 live on ESPN2

Finalizer

kHy4HaT.png

yukadon's victory was powered by memes

#memespiracy

cordy

Banned
In all honesty I bet the network wanted to attach themselves to his story as much as possible

Play up the pathos and create the ultimate underdog story of hype

Tbh it worked really well

That's what I'm saying, it worked well. Joe lost but he's the best player in the US according to EVO and hell, he's still getting some money and he's still the "lead character" in this tourney so far.

Loved it. Makes sense and it's easy to attach people to it.

As someone who hasn't watched Evo live before, are the top players in SF usually this supportive of each other?

Yeah, they're always super nice to one another. A lot of them will even hang out together and some of the Americans will have internationals stay at their house while they're in America.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Couldn't have asked for a better person to introduce network TV to fighting games.

Seriously. The idea of wanting to expose the FGC to multimedia to gain more attention, to show the good side of it, they couldn't have been luckier to get a player like Joe in the top 8.

Ketch

As someone who hasn't watched Evo live before, are the top players in SF usually this supportive of each other?

Yea dude. This is like the end of an anime where they don't want to kill each other but they have to, there can be only one.

Maligna

Banned
Kinda disappointed with all the mirrors and the heavy Nash/Chun usage. Was rooting for Vega. Mika is now my hope to win it.

creatchee

If the broadcast gets good ratings on ESPN, I could totally see them doing a longer series like they did with The World Series of Poker.

Top Bottom