• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2017 The Fighting Game Tournament of the Year (Read OP, No Game Whining)

Nah, all of those are different on different stages, plus some stages have walls that can be teched/wall jumped from and others don't. They're all flat, but that's really all they have in common, that's why they're banned in favor of always going FD.

RIP Mango, hard to see him coming back and beating Armada in Mango after a performance like that

huh. Smashboards disagrees on size and blast zones, but it is a pretty old thread. Completely agree with you on wall jump/techs though.

Smashboards also brings up grass and reducing slide distance which does make a big difference in perfect pivots.

Really want Mango to take it but he's not playing it like that. M2K is playing a super patient Fox rn but I think HBox can work through this

It still exists basically just for Hbox.

Think you used to see it against Armada's peach, but those were also from the days when Armada vs M2K would almost always go to Armada. Around smash summit or something M2K figured it out with his Marth.

Idk, I always get nervous seeing M2K go any other characters, it feels like his Marth is so much better

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
So, Armada > Hungrybox > Mango > M2K?

I feel that's the ranking here.

The gap between the top 3 and Mew2King is just too much

M2K vs Armada was really close. Felt like it was a huge gap in the past, but not so much anymore. And Mango and M2K are similar in that they can just flame out at times.

He's either number 5 or 6 depending on where you put PPMD.

Maybe even just top 8.

I miss PPMD. PPMD vs Armada for Apex 2015 was such an incredible set.

So, Armada > Hungrybox > Mango > M2K?

I feel that's the ranking here.

Depends honestly. I think that's the consensus, but it feels likes M2K struggles especially with HBox, he looks way more on top of his game against the other 2.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
What happened to leffin? He fell off that hard?

Leffen hasn't really reached the peak he hit before his visa issues again. He was debatably #2 in the world at that point, but since he's been back he's been a lot less consistent. Some great tournament runs, but more ugly losses.

PPMD was struggling with depression right? Or what health issue was it?
Regardless hope he gets better.

Health issues. He entered a doubles tournament recently and looked okay. His Melee play was kind of lacking though against other top players (read: Hbox, his teammate kind of carried them despite throwing away stocks left and right), I'm not sure he would still be top 6 even if he came back.

PPMD was struggling with depression right? Or what health issue was it?
Regardless hope he gets better.
Nothing related to depression, he has low testosterone and gets really fatigued a lot because of it.

He did play in a tournament a few weeks ago though and he's just testing the waters and may slowly come back.

Top Bottom