• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2017 The Fighting Game Tournament of the Year (Read OP, No Game Whining)

Lucumo

The final 4 of melee are also the 4 active gods of melee. The top of melee is so stagnant.

At least the character diversity is still there, at a Peach, Jigglypuff, Fox, and Marth.

Since the skill ceiling is so high, getting near the top of the players is extremely hard.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
The final 4 of melee are also the 4 active gods of melee. The top of melee is so stagnant.

At least the character diversity is still there, with a Peach, Jigglypuff, Fox, and Marth.

Funny you mention character diversity, it's actually lacking in this top 8 by normal Melee standards.

ScribbleD

ChrisG - Morrigan/Doom/Vergil
RyanLV - Chun Li/Morrigan/Phoenix
JoeyD - Zero/Doom/Vergil
Prodigy - Magneto/Doom/Phoenix

Paradigm - Haggar/Dormammu/Doom
Some ZMC player - Zero/Dante/Vergil
Too Much Damage - Zero/Doom/Vergil
Quackbot - Magneto/Doom/Phoenix

6 Dr Dooms
4 Vergils
3 Zeros
3 Phoenix
2 Morrigans
2 Magnetos
1 Chun Li
1 Dante
1 Haggar
1 Dormammu

Probably the worst variety in a Marvel 3 top 8 EVO yet. This is truly end game now. I guess it's fitting that it would end this way.

Shame. I remember last year's being pretty diverse

Dahbomb

Shame. I remember last year's being pretty diverse
This is like 6 less than the next least diverse top 8 for Marvel 3. Most years it has in fact been pretty diverse, getting close to 20 unique characters in top 8 in many cases.

I guess this is just end game now, Zero players finally learned not to choke earlier in brackets.

JeTmAn81

This is like 6 less than the next least diverse top 8 for Marvel 3. Most years it has in fact been pretty diverse, getting close to 20 unique characters in top 8 in many cases.

I guess this is just end game now, Zero players finally learned not to choke earlier in brackets.

It's fine since Chun is going to win Evo

TWILT

Banned
ChrisG - Morrigan/Doom/Vergil
RyanLV - Chun Li/Morrigan/Phoenix
JoeyD - Zero/Doom/Vergil
Prodigy - Magneto/Doom/Phoenix

Paradigm - Haggar/Dormammu/Doom
Some ZMC player - Zero/Dante/Vergil
Too Much Damage - Zero/Doom/Vergil
Quackbot - Magneto/Doom/Phoenix

6 Dr Dooms
4 Vergils
3 Zeros
3 Phoenix
2 Morrigans
2 Magnetos
1 Chun Li
1 Dante
1 Haggar
1 Dormammu

Probably the worst variety in a Marvel 3 top 8 EVO yet. This is truly end game now. I guess it's fitting that it would end this way.

Geeeeez, 2 Zero/Doom/Vergil and 2 Mag/Doom/Phoenix too. Shame that this is the variety in UMVC3's last EVO. :(

cj_iwakura

News Flash: Vampire Queen saves BB from Arakune Mirror
maxresdefault.jpg

Right. I forgot they have different walls between some omega stages. Aren't some also different lengths as well? I haven't played Smash 4 in a bit so I forget.

The blast zones should be the same, and I think the stage play surface is the same as well. It's been a while for me too lol

Mango come on :(

RocBase

Marvel @ 7:45AM... I'm not waking up that early on a non work day lol

yeah that early final is pretty brutal. no wonder it was being offered as a prize for the donation drive, literally the worst slot available. it was probably better for injustice/gg/kof they got to avoid it altogether

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
"Oh did I win?"

God damn it screw you Peach! I hope you lose so damn much.

Dyle

The blast zones should be the same, and I think the stage play surface is the same as well. It's been a while for me too lol

Mango come on :(

Nah, all of those are different on different stages, plus some stages have walls that can be teched/wall jumped from and others don't. They're all flat, but that's really all they have in common, that's why they're banned in favor of always going FD.

RIP Mango, hard to see him coming back and beating Armada in Mango after a performance like that

I had no idea Armada is considered the best in the world right now. That's wild.

Armada has only ever dropped 1 set to anyone in the top 6. He's ridiculously consistent. And when PPMD/HBox/Mang0/M2K/Leffen play out of their mind, you never see Armada just get crushed under the pressure or anything

So, now M2K > HBox into I don't care, as long as Armada or M2K wins in the end.

Sad he's playing his fox, M2K's Marth is amazing to watch

Wallach

He's already the BOAT. There's no question about it anymore.

Yeah haha, it's been so many years of Armada destruction I don't remember who was supposed to be the best before he came along. There's no question he's the most dominant player Melee has ever seen.

Top Bottom