• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2017 The Fighting Game Tournament of the Year (Read OP, No Game Whining)

The Jump Off on evo5 is pretty nice. They just talk among the 4 different game commentators, or put on one of the livestreams, but then interrupt that with a replay of an upset as they come. Kinda slow right now since there's only been a few upsets, but I can see this being great later today and tomorrow.

GeoNeo

I disagree.
People not showing up for DBZ reminds me of how many people last year never showed up to their Pokken pools.

Tekken 7:

Was that Tanukana's first EVO? Don't get Shook! The nervous energy at Evo is real just got to learn to control it.

cordy

Banned
Love the fact that T7's risen up and it's cemented itself. It doesn't feel out of place at all next to the other big league fighters this year. Yeah I know TTT2 did it's thing at EVO but T7's just being taken more seriously, it feels as though it's leveled up the Tekken brand competitively in the US compared to previous titles.

ZenTzen

no shows? or something else went wrong?
You have all the other tourneys going on at the same time, while there are probably some noshows, i bet a good number of players had other matches at the same time

This should have happened at another time, not when you have 5 other tourneys going on at the same time

Jamie OD

The Jump Off on evo5 is pretty nice. They just talk among the 4 different game commentators, or put on one of the livestreams, but then interrupt that with a replay of an upset as they come. Kinda slow right now since there's only been a few upsets, but I can see this being great later today and tomorrow.

Sounds neat. I was hoping some sort of up to the minute highlight page would exist.

You have all the other tourneys going on at the same time, while there are probably some noshows, i bet a good number of players had other matches at the same time

This should have happened at another time, not when you have 5 other tourneys going on at the same time

yeah if that's the case it was bad planning for the DBZ tourny, friday lunchtime of all times is a poor choice.

Top Bottom