• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2017 The Fighting Game Tournament of the Year (Read OP, No Game Whining)

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Why was that guy not ducking Josie's 3,3? Pretty sure after the first hit you can still duck the second. :lol

Are you kidding me? 200 people signed up for DBFZ but after DQ's only 23 were left before it began?

Welcome to why we charge people for things.

image.php

Hazzuh

Have not been on top of the GG scene. Who are the notables looking to make Top 8?

Machaboo is probably the favourite to win. Other good JP players are Nage (the world's best Faust), Rion (Ky), Ogawa (Zato) , Omito (Johnny), Kazunoko (Raven, Sol), Nakamura (Millia), Zadi (Raven).

From the US there are players like Bears (Chipp), Kid Viper (Johnny), Daymendou (Slayer), Marlinpie (Zato), Lord Knight (Millia).

The seeding looks terrible so the top 8 may be kinda wonky so lets see..

Ninjimbo

Best Xiaoyu in the world arguably getting sent home is a big deal.
Eh? I wouldn't call her the best. I haven't been watching Tekken for a long time, but it's my impression that, while Tanukana is a very good player, she's beatable. She got taken out in pools just last week in a tourney in the Philippines. She's a pretty reckless player in spots.

Hazzuh

Damn, can't believe I've been missing UNIEL :eek:, probably the last tournament for this game ever since UNIST is finally coming out soon.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Eh? I wouldn't call her the best. I haven't been watching Tekken for a long time, but it's my impression that, while Tanukana is a very good player, she's beatable. She got taken out in pools just last week in a tourney in the Philippines. She's a pretty reckless player in spots.

That's why I said arguably. But it's not a debate that she is the best Xiaoyu in Japanese Arcade ranks.

RocBase

Zadi, Omito, Ogawa, Rion and Dogura all seem like safe bets

Machaboo is probably the favourite to win. Other good JP players are Nage (the world's best Faust), Rion (Ky), Ogawa (Zato) , Omito (Johnny), Kazunoko (Raven, Sol), Nakamura (Millia), Zadi (Raven).

From the US there are players like Bears (Chipp), Kid Viper (Johnny), Daymendou (Slayer), Marlinpie (Zato), Lord Knight (Millia).

The seeding looks terrible so the top 8 may be kinda wonky so lets see..

Cheers guys!

Ninjimbo

That's why I said arguably. But it's not a debate that she is the best Xiaoyu in Japanese Arcade ranks.
Then she was being lazy today lol. Shame. I like watching her play. Coming from my VF background as a Pai main, Xiaoyu has so many moves similar to Pai that I'm just naturally attracted to the character.

JC from Nintendo of America is on The Jump Off on evo5 right now. Sounds like they might be winding down though. He didn't give too many details about working with Disney, just saying it's great to get smash 4 on TV.

Top Bottom