• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW AND FIRST US VIDS OF TEKKEN 5!

Blimblim

The Inside Track
ourumov said:
Sure...DOA is great. The only fighter where one doesn't need to look to the screen to win matches, where everything can be countered...
obviously Tekken 4 (or 'Jin4' as some people call it) is so much better, because of JFLS and 2,1...

Anyanka

VGO: Around how many characters can fans expect to see? Any familiar faces that have not been mentioned as of yet?
JA: There will be 20 characters by default and a fairly high number of time release characters. There will be around or above the number of characters that were in Tekken 3.

The default roster alone has more characters than Tekken 3!

Sai

Animation and movement in general is becoming a lot less stiff! Graphics look top-notch, and I saw pretty much all of my favorites... Jin has a couple of new combinations, but for the most part he seems like he's the same as he was in T4(hopefully without the dominating cheese).

When's the console port due?

DrDogg

Sai said:
Animation and movement in general is becoming a lot less stiff! Graphics look top-notch, and I saw pretty much all of my favorites... Jin has a couple of new combinations, but for the most part he seems like he's the same as he was in T4(hopefully without the dominating cheese).

When's the console port due?

JFLS is gone. The new cheese will be the new b+1 stance... just watch.

Japanese PS2 release date is late summer... US will probably be in the fall.

Takuan

The animations definitely look smoother and the game looks a bit faster. Lei looks like a pretty fun character to play around with. I want to play this.

Sai

DrDogg said:
JFLS is gone. The new cheese will be the new b+1 stance... just watch.
That's the move shown at 1:43 of the first video with Jin, right? Looks swift, but does it really have that much priority?

[EDIT] - ... Screenshot:

newcheese.JPG

DrDogg

The new stance (b+1) is just that, a stance. It's not a singular move. The stance avoids all high attacks through every frame of the animation. The move shown above might be one of his canned attacks out of the new stance (I don't recall), m but you can cancel the stance at any time and go into any other attack as well.

Sai

... So then it's similar to his b+2+4 from Tekken 4? Does he still have that? Or does this a replacement/alternative?

[EDIT] - Y'know what? Sorry, nevermind. I just remembered Tekken Zaibatsu... Took a look at the forums and bam, my questions were answered and more. ;)

Sai

Yeah, I think that's a part of his d/b+2,2,3 string... Nothin' to do with his new stance, apparently. :/ I'd like to see what it looks like. It was probably in the videos. I just didn't catch it.

Lazy8s

The ghost of Dreamcast past
Marconelly:
SC2 PS2 was the pixel for pixel copy of the arcade version, as the arcade version runs on the hardware that is bit-for-bit identical to PS2.
Arcade incarnations of console hardware use the same underlying archtiecture, but they can vary a lot in implementation for data access and control. That can sometimes make a noticeable difference.

There's no singular way for taking a console hardware and putting it in an arcade machine. Each arcade manufacturer that acquires the license to use a console's architecture makes their own custom configuration out of it, which becomes their own property and can be then licensed out to other AMs who choose not to build they're own (with a cut of the royalties going back to the original suppliers).

DrDogg

Sai said:
Yeah, I think that's a part of his d/b+2,2,3 string... Nothin' to do with his new stance, apparently. :/ I'd like to see what it looks like. It was probably in the videos. I just didn't catch it.

Since you can cancel it at any time, it's hard to catch in the vids. That odd movement that SPMAN is doing is going in and out of that stance very quickly. The one time where it looks like Jin is doing his T4 taunt, but the stance is a bit lower and the taunt appears to be faster... that's the new stance.

Top Bottom