• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Exclusive" wasn't mentioned once in the Xbox Showcase

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tsaki

The show lasted about 80 minutes and it showed many games made by Xbox 1st party studios. Not once did they mention that those games would be exclusive to the Microsoft ecosystem.
Having launched 5 games already on other consoles (with DOOM confirmed coming day 1 on PS5 as a 7th game), it seems clear that it's only a manpower and technological hurdle for the rest of the catalog to make the eventual jump. Meaning that they don't have enough internal devs or external partners to make a new version of the game and/or they don't have enough experience with PS5 (or Nintendo) devkits at the moment without causing a delay to the already announced Xbox and PC versions.

winjer

Gold Member
goodfellas GIF

jakinov

could also be they realized how obnoxious it was to have like 10 different exclusive terms. Nintendo and PlayStation never do that and people just assume because they showing it you can't play else where for a lot of newly announced games. After a PlayStation event Xbox would often confirm that x,y,z was also coming to Xbox. PlayStation doesn't need to do the same because Xbox already implies you can get it on PlayStation either right away; or delayed with the term "Console Launch Exclusive"

Last edited:

StueyDuck

it is safe to assume most games will come to most platforms at some point.

that being said, I'm glad, that deep grumbly exclusive before any game was stupid, never liked it in the first place.

bring me into a trailer by setting the scene and emotion, keep me excited and guessing, don't shout exclusive at me with some lame splash screen :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
Exclusives won't be around for much longer anymore, OP. Once developing countries get the infrastructure in place for faster internet and developed countries get services that make cloud gaming indiscernable from local gaming, dedicated gaming devices will be on a timer.

I believe they will always exist but they won't make up a significant portion enough of all gaming devices to warrant exclusives. Give it about 15 years.

intbal

I wouldn't be surprised if every game at the showcase ended up being released on as many platforms as possible as MS has shown interested on releasing on both PS and Nintendo consoles.
This is absolutely correct.
Xbox is now a gaming software company that just happens to also have its own console to play its games on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom