• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 lOTl Unlimited Tomino Works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Madhouse sure LOVE Fear and Loathe in Las Vegas

There's 3-5 of their show that use them.

It's not Madhouse who likes the band; it's VAP (an entertainment subsidiary of NTV). Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas is a VAP artist, and all the shows on which it's appeared as an OP/ED artist (Brynhildr in the Darkness, Kaiji S2, Hunter X Hunter, Parasyte, Sengoku Basara: Judge End) have VAP on the production committee.

Mobile Fighter G Gundam 22
g6_7VSP0ndUMV0xGIRurMQfhyMND8w3i8Y9aqM_4El93W5MmG3485_rF9_JjwCxtidt9-uMWEPyyDiRqbTplRLEpCqBbqfVw7wHz=w426-h320-n

It only took me 22 episode but I finally understand...... this is a comedy. Right? No way a main character is that clueless, right?

Also NeoGermany masked man = best character of the show so far.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
So far Parasyte and Gundam Build Fighters Try had AWESOME first episodes. They both got me psyched up for the season. Hopefully there's a couple more series this good this fall. Let's go!

fertygo

It's not Madhouse who likes the band; it's VAP (an entertainment subsidiary of NTV). Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas is a VAP artist, and all the shows on which it's appeared as an OP/ED artist (Brynhildr in the Darkness, Kaiji S2, Hunter X Hunter, Parasyte, Sengoku Basara: Judge End) have VAP on the production committee.

I waiting for better explanation, so thanks :D

I recognize some other band that often appearing in Madhouse's show that might related in this VAP relation thing too like coldrain and Pay Money to My Pain (RIP)

TBH would like to see they used more than Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.

Parasyte Episode 1

I was expecting a really great episode and alas Madhouse delivered. The transformation and movement animation was really splendid. Seeing movements of Migi was so satisfying and unreal. Facial expressions were done nicely as well. The atmosphere was also translated well in the anime creating a bizarre feel. Voice actors so far are great especially Migi's. The way Hirano voices Migi fits just right, like I love it. I actually enjoy the Opening and feel it fits. Though I really do love the Ending, it's fuckin awesome. I didn't hate the dubstep and thought it wasn't bad, though the music in the beginning was better.

Chaika 2 Episode 1

Solid beginning. Missed Chaika a lot.

Its just funny watching two girls standing in front of each other, chanting random stuff and blasting each other with gusts lol. The fight probably looked hilarious to an outsider.

Red Chaika returns next week! Woop woop.

Finalow

Gundam Build Fighters Try 01

really good starting episode. I want to believe.

tumblr_nd4xohor1Y1sdhuzuo3_500.gif

based Ramba Ral "visiting" schools (≖‿≖)

Shergal

Kaito Joker 1
More sedate and straightforward than I would've liked. The designs are varied and suitably cartoony, but there's just nothing interesting being done with them. This is where you'd call for a Yoshihiko Umakoshi, an Ikuko Ito, or a Shizuka Hayashi to spice up the acting and enliven your show, but I guess it wasn't at the order of the day. A shame, because the production was otherwise impeccable. Hopefully some of the very talented dudes at Shin-ei manage to come in for an episode or two.

zulux21

parasyte - 1
It was an interesting first episode, but alas still not a great first episode. I am curious where the show will go (I haven't read the manga and know absolutely nothing about the series), but if I never was allowed to see any more of the show I wouldn't lose any sleep. Though in this case it might be because I am dreading the soundtrack to the show, as who ever is in charge of the music should never be allowed to work in the industry again :/ (also stop giving Fear, and Loathing in Las Vegas openings or endings... their autotune is just terrible :/)

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
What a great first episode for Parasyte, loved almost every minute of it. The ed and op both don't seem to fit in too well with the show but that's tolerable. I like how the manga has been adapted to be more modern. Now that I think about it, there was no way in hell this could be adapted and censored. It is one of the best shows by far this season. Animation was top notch too.

still waiting on dickarm

I really love this movie for a lot of reasons but the amount of controversy and discussion going on about it is fascinating. I didnt actually get half that much out of it and I kind of wish I could but I just dont think that much into it. However reading you guys thoughts on it makes me kind of see where you are going and gives me a whole new appreciation for how much is actually there.

Normally I wouldnt bother. I would just be like "WTF WAS THIS CRAP" and then forget about it. I got really invested in Madoka so I JUST HAVE TO KNOW EVERYTHINGGGG

My personal take on the answers

1) IMo she did it because :
-She didn't like madoka new condition & sacrifice ( in her eyes )
-She couldn't bear to live without her
-she felt that is nobody put "them" in check , madoka wouldn't trully be safe.
Also , as long as madoka memories are sealed , the status quo will remain.

2)They were saved by madoka before , and they entered homura labyrinth with protections, so they retained their memories. They didn't die , they were saved by madoka .All of the 3 entered the labyrinth together.

3)Yes all of them are real. praise the universe rule bending powers

4) Homura want them in check , and she monitor/order them.She manages how much/little they get energy most likeley in order to prevent them to target madoka

5)Yes to both questions. Quite some time had passed.

I feel so stupid. For some reason I kept thinking disappearing = erased from all the world. So like worse than dying. It recently occurred to me that Madoka just took them away to another dimension or something. So much makes sense now!

wonzo

Banned
Parasyte 1

yeah this was pretty good outside of the groping and im gonna be mad if that replaces the mighty penis arm. kinda forgot who tachikawa was at first but having her appear at the start is a real smart move. just hope they dont ham up some of the more funny bits

i also wonder if the dude at the end is the
serial killer that pops up later on

Code Geass 06

Not again.

Ugh...

Yeah I'm dropping this. Or at least putting it on hold. This is just offensive.

Whaaaat? This early? You haven't even gotten to any of the real good stuff yet!

EDIT: Wait a minute? You're not watching the dub? No wonder you dropped it! The dub is where it's at for Code Geass!

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
It's something you'll really like.
Just got done watching it.

It was great. The animation, comedy style, and story so far were all really good/fun. That's 3 shows plus One Piece and Akame Ga Kill for the fall.

Mushishi and Psycho Pass 2 are this fall too right? Good season for sure.

Mik317

DBZ: Battle of the Gods

sooo goood. It was one giant love letter to the franchise. I laughed, I got hype. and it had a unique ending to any DragonBall thing
Goku lost
. Birus was also pretty damn awesome.. a very different villian for the franchise.

Funi's dub also is worth commending as the writing was legit funny at times.

The CG was pretty bad at some points tho.

But man...I kinda want more but then again I don't. Really reminded me why I loved this series so much.

Huh, Fukuyama hamming it up is half the appeal of the show.

Eh, I just found JYB's performance as Lelouch more appealing.

Not to say that Fukuyama's bad, I just really like the performance in the dub.

Steins;Gate - OVA

A pretty good way to
wrap everything up and provide some closure on everything that's happened in this show. Pretty darn funny too, especially with its engrish bits, lol.

Huh, Fukuyama hamming it up is half the appeal of the show.

I think Johnny Young Bosch did a better job. Speaking of which:

Code Geas/R2 1-to everything cept last episode

Recently found my limited edition boxes for both seasons. I like this anime simply cause I'm sucker for anything with kings and royal bloodlines. Toss in a murderous heir and we got ourselves a party.

For the life of me though I just cannot stand the ending to this series. It's awful, or rather it's just not the way I want it to end. I was always hoping for a
team up against the king with the rest of the siblings who were still alive
. Also I never found out if Lelouch is
dead or not. I know a lot of people were theory crafting that he was the one who was pulling the cart at the end

sonicmj1

Does that mean it gets better or worse? My tolerance level for stupid is at an all time low. I had more fun with Black Rock Shooter than I've had with this.

It gets much stupider, but in a way that I found very entertaining most of the time.

Maybe you should come back to it when you're in the mood for that sort of thing.

Does that mean it gets better or worse? My tolerance level for stupid is at an all time low. I had more fun with Black Rock Shooter than I've had with this.

You haven't been introduced to the glorious saviors of the show

this guy
GeyMhsC.gif

and Table-kun. Table-kun only has a small scene in the whole show, but his suffering had more character than most anime characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom