• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Jinrui 11&12

Yes, I finally got around to finishing this....

I thought the ending was really touching in a number of ways, and even though I consider the first 2-episode arc to be the highlight of the series, this was still an excellent way to end the series
until the second season

the sky's the limit when it comes to dreams, right? :(
I can agree with this. Kind of rocketed off at the start but at least the end wraps things up pretty well. Loads of creative energy from the series, so I'd really love to see more. Not sure what the source material looks like in terms of volume, but it sounds like there is quite a bit if they were so inclined.

wonzo

Banned
according to sdburton i've got an ownage beard and i'm worshipped as some kind of god of war so i guess thats p. good

What's mine like? Do I get one? I'm scared.

Your's is pretty normal. And here's also your waifu:

jw2pt.jpg

pgjxi.jpg

Ultimadrago

Brave 10 - 5

This show is pretty terrible.

behold6au23.png

I present to you the most "intriguing" villain in history...

Isanami goes into Orihime mode
not wanting to be saved because it would only lead to more trouble on others' behalf.

It didn't work well there and it doesn't work well here.

toughorkzc.png

:firehawk

Anyhow, all of the "tension" brought about by the previous event is extinguished with three lines of dialogue from Anastasia. The dramatic build-up never earned just as the development . I am convinced that Isanami is as useless and dry as ever in terms of characterization as I did in the first episode.

To make matters even worse, Kamanosuke's wild nature is tamed easily by Yukimura. In other words, no slaughter-fest will be hosted at the Brave 10 home base.

Instead, the action in this episode is played through a scene of self-awareness for Saizo (by getting stepped on the head numerous times by Sasuke)...It's as if whoever wrote this was trying too hard to create a parallel for both Isanami and Saizo to grow, failing on both ends.

Final Note: So, you know how Rukuro sucked
words
into his eye? This time he warped rectangular image files from Saizo's brain into his eye. For something as abstract as memory, why display this type of transfer in such a laughable fashion?

Mad Pierrot,...it feels bad to watch, man.

Syrinx

So, Yuru Yuri's that show with the pink-haired girl that BGBW used to (does?) have as his avatar, right? People here seem to like it.

Brave 10 - 5

Final Note: So, you know how Rukuro sucked
words
into his eye? This time he warped rectangular image files from Saizo's brain into his eye. For something as abstract as memory, why display this type of transfer in such a laughable fashion?

Mad Pierrot,...it feels bad to watch, man.

It's because it's Brave 10.

cajunator

Banned
Well, that's good. Freckles should never be sacrificed.

Freckles are one of the most unappreciated things in anime (and real life)

Alright list is done! Some of these fit really well while others are really out of left field. Hope you enjoy!

Hmm...I'm some chick. Doesn't really say a lot about her on wiki...

I've never watched Bleach but the first opening by ORANGE RANGE makes me feel nostalgic.
I have no idea why.

Oh damn. I can still remember the song in my head. I actually liked it.
Only saw about 50 episodes of Bleach.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
So, Yuru Yuri's that show with the pink-haired girl that BGBW used to (does?) have as his avatar, right? People here seem to like it.
It's pretty funny. Has its own set of quirks and everything that help individualize it pretty well and seemed to pick it up a fairly sizable following. At times it can be very self aware, so if you like that sort of humor it's worth pursuing.
ffq9z.gif

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Yes. Its hilarious and cute and silly. You should watch it.
The OP/ED will be stuck in your head for months.

Fixed for accuracy!

Yuri yu ra ra ra ra yuru yuri yuri yu ra ra ra ra yuru yuri yuri yu ra ra ra ra yuru yuri daijiken

Fun in what way?

Like, is it "amusement park fun", "video games fun", "imagining what the writers for School Days were on" fun? Something else?

Amusement park fun. It's just... Fun.

Pooya

My Little Monster - 4

I love this show, even after only 4 episodes I really like the cast and all of their interactions work very well for me, I can't really explain why but I throughly enjoyed everything so far, even the fan service is good.

Kazzy

Fun in what way?

Like, is it "amusement park fun", "video games fun", "imagining what the writers for School Days were on" fun? Something else?

You know, fun.

It's just an easy watch. An ultimately frivolous show, basically, which is to its strength.

tumblr_m892o4u3R21rwqq0uo1_400.gif

Stoof

I'm on episode 26 of Space Bros. because I have to catch up a bit, and this is the last episode with this OP isn't it? I'm going to miss it. ;_;

/XX/

I don't completely disagree. While Kougami's dialogue was more along the lines of a canned statement he has practiced in the mirror his whole career than natural conversation, I don't believe he'd go for a line along your example.

He stated to her in the first episode a duty of the Enforcer in a fashion fitting one who "knows their place." I knew from that brief confrontation that if it ever went down to Akane intervening through force, he most likely wouldn't have a restless response. Even raising his "speech", Kougami obviously doesn't trust his own sense of morality. Therefore, I don't think he would've made a large deal out of the event (this said taking some of his stoic personality into account).

Nonetheless, it is written out in a manner that doesn't only make for an awkward scene (for all the wrong reasons), but takes away from what could have made for an interesting insight through actions (or more natural conversation) in the future.
I see this scene as more interesting than you guys make it out to be, seeing the society they are in. All in that world is an artificial facade, and I suppose arguing over something even sporting a fake smile isn't going the clear the suspicions they can have of you, so better sweat it over... in that sense, him building slowly a passive-aggressive behavior towards his supervisor Akane (the back and forth seen in the opening comes to mind) would be something quite intriguing to see.

I remember when dynasty warriors was just about shitty framerate, floor textures, weight in attacks, and mash square.

Has stuff changed?

Never dealt with crappy framerate, the floors seem good, it doesn't seem like your attacks aren't doing anything or whatever and mashing square can only get you so far in hard and higher modes.

Narag

Galactic Cyclone Bryger 18

0f6G6l.png

You're doing something right when you have your logo on your playing cards.

Man, this show. This time it's about avenging a space DJ who broadcasted on a pirate radio station to space truckers. It sort of fits with the rest of the show's older era scifi charm, I suppose, what with the round fishbowl helmets, cities in domes, and other such things that don't make a whole lot of sense. Then again, the reduced role of both the kid sidekicks & the requisite mascot coupled with the main cast basically being a bunch of bastards lets me forgive a lot. Interrupting their contact midfuck with an emergency call was pretty :lol too.

what do you do different in higher difficulty modes?

Generally you got to continually combo-ing the enemies otherwise they'll probably leap spear you into pieces. That or jump around continuing attacking them.

Mashing square will usually lead you to your death or it'll be doing nothing since they are blocking.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
what do you do different in higher difficulty modes?

Knowing the appropriate strong attack to chain from your normal attack is vital depending on your combat situation, so you have to start mixing things up with crowd control, close combat, aerial, ranged, etc. maneuvers and learn how elemental buffs affect what your attacks do. Mashing just gets you killed on Hard and above because enemies do way more damage and you have to have faster judgment on how to clear your immediate vicinity of threats efficiently.

Ultimadrago

It took a bit longer than I expected for your spirit to be broken, but now you can finally appreciate it for what it is!

I'll PM you once I find something notable to appreciate!

Hopefully, Kamanosuke will find space in the future to put on another good show.

I'm on episode 26 of Space Bros. because I have to catch up a bit, and this is the last episode with this OP isn't it? I'm going to miss it. ;_;

Indeed. That OP grew on me and I am not partial to the current one in the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom