• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Family Guy edits

Status
Not open for further replies.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
I'm watching it on Fox now, and the song Brian sings in the episode where he takes care of Pearl (Peter has the birds in his beard).
Anyway, the part with the tarot cards, they show natural disasters and then the last card shows the set of Springer.
Wasn't it originally G.W. Bush?
Is this kind of censoring really needed?
Furthermore, if this kind of shit keeps happening, I don't want to see the new Family Guys on Fox.

Coop

They took out the bin laden scene. Not surprised though, it wasnt in the DVD. And i think they censored bastard.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
RevenantKioku said:
Furthermore, if this kind of shit keeps happening, I don't want to see the new Family Guys on Fox.
Well, they may not ever even air on Fox, so just watch them on Cartoon Network. As far as I know they've only made that one edit to the Weinstein episode. Or wait for the DVD set.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Apparently Paris Hilton half naked with her legs spread on the hood of a Buick isn't too offensive for Fox viewers, but Family Guy is. Oh, of course I'm just kidding. We love you Paris. Who wouldn't want to have sex with a grasshopper?

--Seth McFarlane.

Jesus christ, I hate everything about the fox networks.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Archaix said:
Apparently Paris Hilton half naked with her legs spread on the hood of a Buick isn't too offensive for Fox viewers, but Family Guy is. Oh, of course I'm just kidding. We love you Paris. Who wouldn't want to have sex with a grasshopper?

--Seth McFarlane.
"Your move Paris"

Heh, I loved that bit he did.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Dan said:
Well, they may not ever even air on Fox, so just watch them on Cartoon Network. As far as I know they've only made that one edit to the Weinstein episode. Or wait for the DVD set.

I hope they do hit CN first. I've heard so many things though.
Its not just watching them though, its just that this censoring is ridiculous compared to the other shit that gets through.

Phoenix

Shit if you're going to edit the episodes then just show something else. Don't you have some crap ass reality show to show?

Socreges

Banned
Archaix said:

--Seth McFarlane.

Jesus christ, I hate everything about the fox networks.
Where did he say that?

And I wonder if the edit about Bush had anything to do with appeasing Rupert Murdoch.

LakeEarth

Yeah it's weird... they have to choose 4 episodes with 50 choices... why not spare the money editing it and just show another episode?

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Socreges said:
Where did he say that?

And I wonder if the edit about Bush had anything to do with appeasing Rupert Murdoch.

He said it a couple weeks back on Comedy Central when they aired his four favorite episodes. It was before "When you Wish Upon a Weinstein"

The very fact that if Fox didn't do the editing, they would get angry phone calls from idiots all over the country is what I'm most bothered by.

And if Fox is going to be so anal about this one teeny, tiny joke, I've got wonder how much freedom Seth has with the new episodes.

I personally hate Family Guy, but this is just plain retarded, and the show (nor its fans) does NOT deserve this kind of treatment.

MIMIC

Banned
If Fox didn't parade Paris Hilton's slutitude all over their network, I wouldn't have minded the edits.

Wolfy

Banned
I don't get it. Sluts rampaging around the country being slutty, trashy reality tv, and a whole slew of other shit, and they edit fucking family guy?! DIE NOOBS!

RevenantKioku

ManDudeChild said:
What was edited in the Wish Upon A Weinstein episode? I forgot to watch the "marathon".

They didn't show it tonight, but its even edited for CN.
Anyway
"Even though they killed my Lord" to
"I don't think they killed my Lord"
during the "I Need a Jew" song.

Oh give me a f***ing break. That's just lame:( Although given things here in North America, I'm surprised that episode still plays anymore.

Haha, I figured things wouldn't go quite as simple as I had thought with Fox. I thought the Jerry Springer card was weird as it was out of place in my mind.

What was on the original airing on FOX? The Dubya card? I'm not sure if anyone can remember if they edited the previous airing or not. Doubt it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom